Play.com

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
I ordered Resident Evil 4 for the wii off there on Friday 29th. The status is "Packing". It says its out of stock now. It wasn't out of stock when I ordered it. Is there a way to cancel the order, coz I don't want to wait 2 weeks or something when I just realised I could have got it for the same price in HMV with my 10% student discount too. So would have got £2.50 off!

looked under the help desk and theres no info about cancelling orders

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
nvm just phoned them and said one has been allocated for me

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
I got my copy from gameplay and came day before it was released :)

Play is generally very good tho.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think Plays service have gone down alot lately i just to really like them but now ome stuff takes 5 days to deliver its ok to pre orders but at the mo CD Wow deliver faster than play.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
bearing in mind its free postage, so theyre gonna be using cheap 2nd class... its fine imo

soze

I am a FH squatter
bearing in mind its free postage, so theyre gonna be using cheap 2nd class... its fine imo

Yeah i know but so is cd wow and thats fom Japan i think. I just got used to 2 day delivery from Play. I wonder if they are using business post and not Royal Mail or if the 2nd class delivery times have changed. Or if like i suspect now they have a loyal customer base they have gone for 2nd class form 1st class for the 1st years.

Himse

FH is my second home
Yeah i know but so is cd wow and thats fom Japan i think. I just got used to 2 day delivery from Play. I wonder if they are using business post and not Royal Mail or if the 2nd class delivery times have changed. Or if like i suspect now they have a loyal customer base they have gone for 2nd class form 1st class for the 1st years.

Play's customer base has actually rapidly increased, and they aren't a massive company like amazon. I mean they are still pretty big but yeah :D

I say plays service is fine.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
pfft. 2 days wait time? whenever i order from webhallen before 5 PM i have it around noon the day after :)

swedish onlineshops ftw xD

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
I ordered Resident Evil 4 for the wii off there on Friday 29th. The status is "Packing". It says its out of stock now. It wasn't out of stock when I ordered it. Is there a way to cancel the order, coz I don't want to wait 2 weeks or something when I just realised I could have got it for the same price in HMV with my 10% student discount too. So would have got £2.50 off!

looked under the help desk and theres no info about cancelling orders

there is a postal strike in uk atm :( i ordered prem manager 07 and lotr online and neither arrived yet :( so gonna have to wait it out lol

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
there is a postal strike in uk atm :( i ordered prem manager 07 and lotr online and neither arrived yet :( so gonna have to wait it out lol

yes but the dickheads won't even let me cancel the order when it hasn't even dispatched yet. Not gonna use them again.

I know theres probably issues that doesn't allow them to cancel an order when its been paid for but I'm sure other companies do this.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
yes but the dickheads won't even let me cancel the order when it hasn't even dispatched yet. Not gonna use them again.

I know theres probably issues that doesn't allow them to cancel an order when its been paid for but I'm sure other companies do this.

Why do you want to cancl anyway?

For the sake of 2.50? ;s

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
You wont get it for ages anyway, Post Office is on strike

Thats what I just said? I want to cancel it because I won't get it for ages?

So I want to go HMV to get it instead

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Go out and buy it? you can always return the one from play if they've already 'dispached' it yet.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, just do as Solo said.

Play tend to dispatch the day after order, the "Packing" is just the transition state between order received and order dispatched, and so yeah you'll have one put aside for you. But I have to say they are getting slower at delivery, it is usually taking the full 5 working days to arrive. Might have something to do with them having to behave now that the UK are trying to charge them VAT despite being in Jersey =)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Play.com orders for me have always arrived in 2-3 days tops.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if they're late on my Harry Potter book i'll snap my cock off and throw it at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom