play.com

ckunderscore

Fledgling Freddie
hi ppl

anyone know of a site with similar prices to play.com? they always seem to be out of stock on the stuff i want.

ta :m00:

ckunderscore

Fledgling Freddie
well PC games mainly, i know about most of those but none are quite as cheap for alot of games. is play.com just a one off?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Are you sure your not on about play.com's sale?

As that would be why the lack of stock and low prices. Most of the above are similar on price.

ckunderscore

Fledgling Freddie
i didnt notice the prices change that much when they started there sale they just moved things around a bit.

games like simpsons hit & run, neverwinter nights, champ manager etc.. arent quite as cheap anywhere else that i know of

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
play.com are *****

go with cd-wow.co.uk or dvd.co.uk

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Never had any problems with play, I use movietyme.com for R1/3/4 dvds as well.

I think play are cheap because of the fact they're on the channel islands, the same is true of 7dayshop (good one that for digital photography peeps).

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I usually order around 5-6 dvd's a month, sometimes all from the same place, everytime i have from play guaranteed 1-2 will not have turned up and they will either have to send again ro refund and i cannot accept that the postman is either stealing them or they are simply getting lost in the post, so play suck :p

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I have 8 pages of orders on my Play account and all have turned up, usually a few days before the release day, apart from Red Dwarf III which turned up two days after. No bad.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
They've buggered up a couple of my orders (Sending a purple Gamecube controller instead of a black one, didn't send return of the living dead the first time around) but they've been piss easy and fast to fix it (just sent the controller back, refunded sharply, sent another copy of living dead out, arrived two days after, none of that RMA number crap and weeks of waiting about).

They've sent me additional copies of Red Dwarf series 3 by accident, which was nice, it was sold and their loss was my gain :p

Double standards rock

Overall in 9 pages of orders they haven't disappointed, even when they get things wrong.

bigbb

Loyal Freddie
Play do me fine for most things, but I've found even cheaper album prices on www.cdjungle.com before. Norah Jones, £7.99. Other albums, £6.99. Stonking.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Play.com are for me the best thing since sliced bread, good clean simple web design, ease of access with good comprehensive information and prices that 0wn with Games, beaten only by special offers etc.

So if you shop around you may be able to tag an item for less, for a limited period, but on the whole Play.com are cheaper without a doubt. If you also take into account the business they generate in the delivery sector with annual sales figures rising , I can only see great things for Play to be honest.

He is a lucky man that could woo Play.com into the sack (in an online gaming capacity) IMO :D

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
FuzzyLogic said:
They've buggered up a couple of my orders (Sending a purple Gamecube controller instead of a black one

My brother ordered me a wavebird (wireless gamecube controller) and received a DVD copy of Jumanji instead. Baffling :)

edit: besides that, I love 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom