Sport Platini

Lucius

Banned
AngelHeal said:
you can stereotype dutch people as much as u want, i dont care.. i wasn't stereotyping english people at all)

You said:

all the riots some of your contrymen allways put up

So you are basically targetting some passionate fans and assuming they will always put up riots because they are English.

As for Platini's comments, here are snippets of it, interpretations aside:

Uefa are going to have to do something to combat that because, today, it is the clubs who cheat that are winning. It's a race for money and we've ended up with this proposal for a 39th game to be played.

There is no need for those kind of statements when he is the president of UEFA and should be promoting the fact that Europe is coming together. Sure, he can say that there are perhaps too many foreign players but I think the way he said it sounded like a digg at English football.

Although I agreed with what he said about England: "The other 16 qualified groups deserve to be there".

And no, I won't stereotype the Dutch as I don't want to sink to your level.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Platini is a twat, he got good ideas but opens his mouth to offen (sp??). I will not comment on Blatter cause i don't like to write down insults :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
People who think these changes will be a bandage that makes out national team great are not right in the head. What you will do is turn the premiership into the championship by promothing English players that were not good enough into your premier league stars. This will mean the money from around the world will dissapear as the stadards of football drop, and the best Foreign stars from around the world will not want to play here. The money will go more teams will dissapear as they run out of money where average English players have huge prices because you need 6 of the average fuckers every game.

So basically i think the way to make our team better is not by destroying our league Premiership clubs do not give a shit where a player is from if they are good enough. To fix our mational problems we need more idependant football schools and a reason for kids to play football. English kids would rather happy slap a granny and drink vodka at 14 than play football and that is not foreign footballers fault.

I personally think this rule will breed average english footballers and set the permership back 20 years.

Lucius

Banned
Exactly soze, if there are loads of foreigners in the Premier league then English players obviously aren't good enough to get into the teams. So then why are we complaining when we loose out to those foreign nations? It's the foreigners faults (I don't really like using that word too much) only to the extent that they are better than us, which of course is not an excuse.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Exactly soze, if there are loads of foreigners in the Premier league then English players obviously aren't good enough to get into the teams. So then why are we complaining when we loose out to those foreign nations? It's the foreigners faults (I don't really like using that word too much) only to the extent that they are better than us, which of course is not an excuse.

Yep but it seems easier to lower the bar to make these english players good enough than to actually fix the problem.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh look trouble between German and Polish fans last night, arrests made and increased police presence at the game today.

Those English hooligans have obivously infiltrated the ranks of Europes finest :rolleyes:

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Oh look trouble between German and Polish fans last night, arrests made and increased police presence at the game today.

Those English hooligans have obivously infiltrated the ranks of Europes finest :rolleyes:

Nah can't be only Englland has a hooligan problem..

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture

lal! denial denial.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Denial of what? You have yet to tell us what specific instaces of English football hooliganism you are referring to?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Denial of what? You have yet to tell us what specific instaces of English football hooliganism you are referring to?

the fact is that every game of the national team of england has got an high risk flag stuck to it. Not saying that you are the only country that has this flag. However, other countries are not on this copic, england is.

And would Euro2008 miss a team with a high risk flag stuck to its back? no.

you keep saying that england, no wait let me rephrase that, you keep saying that certain people who seem to travel arround with the England team and ruuin it for the real fans, people with a need to fight are gone nowadays, and that its all in the past........ right.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
the fact is that every game of the national team of england has got an high risk flag stuck to it. Not saying that you are the only country that has this flag. However, other countries are not on this copic, england is.

And would Euro2008 miss a team with a high risk flag stuck to its back? no.

That can simply mean that team is well supported. If you have 50 000 extra people turn up for a match then you need more police.

The euro 2008 final will also have a high risk flag stuck to it. Are you saying that game should be canceled?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
That can simply mean that team is well supported. If you have 50 000 extra people turn up for a match then you need more police.

The euro 2008 final will also have a high risk flag stuck to it. Are you saying that game should be canceled?

sigh you are missing the point here.

ok let me put it this way; give me 3 reasons why platini should miss the England team on the euro2008.

[edit: ill respond 2morow:p gooing 2 bed now xD]

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hehe AngelHeal,
Give it up ;) they'll keep missing the point and flame you..
dont bother they wont see it your way or any other way than the english way

Olgaline

FH is my second home
exept luciouse and soze who do have a couple valid points, even if they are bleeding heart fans :p

and yes England have cleaned up their act alot, and I think you'll struggel to find any Footballing assosiation that has
invested as much as 50% off what the english football union and goverment "police, clubs, fan clubs, the works" have to combat this femomina. But yes England is still an Issue and I think they will be for a while yet, but you also MUST give them credit for activilt fighting it. But I also think that alot of it lately is also due to english fans beeing a "target" other hoolingans will target english supporters to try and force a fight, becuase well, it's England if you follow my train of thought ? and you know the media will be fast to pick up even the smallest barbrowl with guys wearing england shirts, even if provoked or pushed into a no choice situation and blast it into "England Fans go berserk!!!"

so it's a two or rather 3 or more way thing! but saying England isnt an issue or a risk is beeing just a wee too bleeding heart blue eyed to me, but saying that it's entirely thier fualt or that they dont activlý combat it "more than any other nation" is just as stupid

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
sigh you are missing the point here.

ok let me put it this way; give me 3 reasons why platini should miss the England team on the euro2008.

[edit: ill respond 2morow:p gooing 2 bed now xD]

I didn't say anything about England not being in euro 2008. As far as I am aware they didn't qualify because they failed to win enough games rather than because of any problem with hooligans.

You were suggesting a link between high risk games and hooligans. I was simply trying to point out there were other reasons to flag a game as high risk and that your point wasn't valid.

ileks

Part of the furniture
BBC NEWS | Business | Uefa eyes change to free TV football

What a load of bollocks. Can someone actually explain to me what UEFA does? Because to me they seem entirely motivated by money. Don't they get a large proportion of match tickets for the "UEFA family" or something as well? Rather than proper football fans.

Seems to me they are totally contradicting themselves with the "we care about football" crap. Limiting the number of foreign players must have financial benefits for them in one way or another.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Uefa are as useful as the FA and i really hate the FA if you have an old boy working there your fine.

With football violence the truth is if you speak to English thugs then the police have won with new laws ect the fact you can get 5 years or something massive for football violence in the UK means we are not the biggest problem in european football anymore. That show Danny Dyer did about european football thugs showed that with Italy where the thugs are treated like players, the Polish or Russians cant remember which, have it right they arrange to meet in a field away from the game and have a fair fight no weapons equal numbers and when your on the floor your left alone. If a group of people want to clog the shite out of each other let them imo keep them away from the game and let them at it.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
BBC NEWS | Business | Uefa eyes change to free TV football

What a load of bollocks. Can someone actually explain to me what UEFA does? Because to me they seem entirely motivated by money. Don't they get a large proportion of match tickets for the "UEFA family" or something as well? Rather than proper football fans.

Seems to me they are totally contradicting themselves with the "we care about football" crap. Limiting the number of foreign players must have financial benefits for them in one way or another.

this stands in direct opposite ways to the 6 man rule they wanne implent.

Lucius

Banned
you keep saying that england, no wait let me rephrase that, you keep saying that certain people who seem to travel arround with the England team and ruuin it for the real fans, people with a need to fight are gone nowadays, and that its all in the past........ right.

No, we are not saying that. We are saying that nowadays the threat of hooliganism has greatly reduced from English football and nowadays we are just as bad as everyone else. I just think it's pathetic that you can judge all English people on some people's actions years and years ago. I don't call every Dutch person a Nazi just because a lot of them sided with Hitler during WW2, so perhaps you should have the curtesy to not make the same generalisations.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
No, we are not saying that. We are saying that nowadays the threat of hooliganism has greatly reduced from English football and nowadays we are just as bad as everyone else. I just think it's pathetic that you can judge all English people on some people's actions years and years ago. I don't call every Dutch person a Nazi just because a lot of them sided with Hitler during WW2, so perhaps you should have the curtesy to not make the same generalisations.

When Barnsley were at St. Mary's last year there were loads of Barnsley thugs about throwing crap around, hitting women and children. When QPR were here there were loads arrested.

Just because Premiership games are full of people on corporate jollys doesn't mean hooliganism doesn't go on. I'd imagine the Championship is the worst for it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
When Barnsley were at St. Mary's last year there were loads of Barnsley thugs about throwing crap around, hitting women and children. When QPR were here there were loads arrested.

Just because Premiership games are full of people on corporate jollys doesn't mean hooliganism doesn't go on. I'd imagine the Championship is the worst for it.

Thugs now meet miles away from the games as policing at games is so good that they will get kicked and banned after throwing 1 punch. So if you believe the thugs they still fight every week but miles away from the public eye. And what you described is not football hooligans as they tend to fight people who want to fight back not women and kids that sounds more like a mini riot.

It has been shown time and time again lately that English trouble at tournaments is down to being attacked by countries who are trying to build a reputation by attacking the used to be bad guys. But the fact is English police have done more than most in stopping football violence by issuing banning orders and forcing well known football troublemakers to hand over passports before any away games ect. Not saying we are choir boys but there are much worse out there now. Italy stabbing people for fun is just one.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
A hooligan is a hooligan at the end of the day. Doesn't matter where they fight. Admittedly at the Barnsley game i mentioend there were no Police on.

soze

I am a FH squatter
A hooligan is a hooligan at the end of the day. Doesn't matter where they fight. Admittedly at the Barnsley game i mentioend there were no Police on.

Not true there is a big difference between the hardcore football hooligan who travels looking for trouble and people who posture at police and make a mess. England have done allot to stop the more dangerous real hooligans.

Marc

FH is my second home
Hooliganism is no where near what it was like in the 70s and 80s before the introduction of CCTV. A guy who I used to work with (an accountant!!) used to be a full bloodied hooligan and the stories he told me used to turn me white. He even admitted that eventually, it had nothing to do with the football, they were just there for a ruck.

Thankfully, I have only ever experienced hooliganism once first hand and this wasnt even at a game, It was in a pub in blackpool, near the train station. About a hundred wigan fans were hurling bricks or anything they could get their hands on through the windows and trying to get in. There were about 10 blackpool fans trying to get out and fight then. Ten!!! But the bouncers wouldnt let them out. I dont mind admitting I was terrified at the thought of these wigan fans getting inside but luckily the police turned up

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have gone to maybe 300 games of football and the only time i have ever seen real football violence was at a Spurs Arsenal game about 20 spurs fans with broken bottles game from an alley beside the pub we were in and started shouting Come on Arsenal. As quick as they arriver so did a van full of cops in riot gear, they must have been following troublemakers.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Who would miss the English team please?

Was always a fucking disgrace to watch them play, since I was a child.

Sometimes they made it over 120 minutes to just go home after penalties every time.

But what's funny like hell is the English press always blaming someone else for their shitty team.

Best league, worst (high-profile) national team. Money can't but it all.

Lucius

Banned
Why the low blow Manisch? If you actually read the English newspapers (which you evidently do not) then you would realise that they criticise England's lack of youth facilities and commitment in the nation team. Think about it logically, the press have a field day ranting on about people who (undeservedly) earn x100 their salaries. I think calling them a "disgrace" is pretty harsh - but you can't change some people's attitudes so oh well.

soze

I am a FH squatter
England needs better strikers imo i know man u fans here love him but why is Rooney automatically a first pick. We have decent players in other places but strikers do not get goals, why is that lanky liverpool git not playing more 28 caps 14 goals. Rooney 43 caps 14 goals. I know he might work his socks off and do x y and z but your stiker should be scoring goals not doing a midfield mans job. And yes i hate the big mac eating fucker :p

Lucius

Banned
With Rooney it is a funny situation. There are some days when he is better than any striker in the world so there is always the threat he will come up with something special.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Who would miss the English team please?

Was always a fucking disgrace to watch them play, since I was a child.

Sometimes they made it over 120 minutes to just go home after penalties every time.

But what's funny like hell is the English press always blaming someone else for their shitty team.

Best league, worst (high-profile) national team. Money can't but it all.

Its not the point i was trying to make, i agree england dont deserive to be in it. But the point is... for someone in his position he should not be makeing such out spoken/biased comments like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom