PLANETSIDE the story so far...

K

katt!

Originally posted by [PS]Nova
No, he was responding to katt's comment about no matter how sucky your squad is it's better than going solo in PS. Which isn't true :)

since exp for 1 kill solo == exp for 1 kill in a squad.

how can it be worse in any way?

P

[PS]Nova

But it isn't, not any more. It used to be like that in beta, but now exp is divided amongst a squad.

For example, killing a MAX enemy would get you 250 exp.

In a squad, the exp is multiplied by 20% then divided, so for example in a 10-man squad:

(250x120%)/10 = 300/10=30 exp.

Now, they say this is because a squad can kill a lot faster than a single player, which is true in some ways. But if you're in a squad with several non-assault chars (engineer/medic/transport driver) and those who are assault are very bad at killing things except for you, you get a lot less exp than if you were solo. But if you're in a good group, they kill a lot and you rack up the same if not more exp.

K

katt!

good that they got rid of that.

now maybe there is a point to stay away from the spastics instead of being "forced" into their squads :x

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by katt!
good that they got rid of that.

now maybe there is a point to stay away from the spastics instead of being "forced" into their squads :x

What empire do you play katt?

J

Jiggs

i like it, but it aint amazing

after getting mowed down by maxes for the umpteenth time i discovered my role as a galaxy pilot :D

really quite hard to master them but its alot of fun :p

F

Flimgoblin

Humberton Guard, Planetside are going strong :)

Was getting a bit miffed at dying incredibly easy till I found the wonders of Reinforced Armour :)

(that said my alt has a Lightning which is superb fun :))

M

Madonion Slicer

Only have the one character and after a time of playing around with specs i have found what i am good at and now getting used to when to stand and fight and when to back off.

Love getting into good position and sniping a few enemys while they hack doors or move into positions.

Basically it is a lot of fun.

O

old.Kram

Do you have to enter credit card info? even though there is +1 month free in the box? ...... ME HAVE NO VISA ATM ..... grr

P

[PS]Nova

You do have to enter cc info, I'm afraid.

Think you can (or WILL be able to) buy those game card things for Sony from shops tho. Not sure.

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by katt!
not playing atm, played emerald/vs in beta.

If you're planning on playing and want to play VS on werner, you'll be welcome in SG :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom