PLANETSIDE the story so far...

D

deygos

the game r0cks

starting to get a hang of it all, br7 almost 8. specced reaver+ce gonna add infil and hack

joined Vanu corporation , got about 150kills.

just wondering how u other daoc players are doin on it and what u think of it?

was in a 6hour war from 9am this morning taking ishundar. laid mines on bridges, watched my mines pwn stealthers, flew my burning reaver into a TR max and ejected out before it exploded on his ass and took him out..godddammnnnn!!

D

deygos

oh and when i landed i got run over by an ams...which belonged to the VS... :rolleyes:

J

Jonaldo

I've not started it yet, Amazon being utter wankboxes haven't delivered yet so I'll get it on Tuesday at the earliest.

When I do I'll be the best player on whatever server I choose to play on much like I was on DAoC, so just tell me what team you want me to join and maybe I'll consider it.

O

old.ivan

Doing fine, we formed Phoenix Legion on Werner, NC. Im thoroughly enjoying the game with 860 kills so far, but thats gonna change. btw: www.myplanetside.com , check it out.

G

Gekul

Have had some fun, getting the hang of it now. Can't play properly yet though, not with my system. Lowest setting possible and it still lags whenever I get in a fight. It's like trying to play at a RR whenever the bullets start flying ;)
My new parts should come after the weekend, then I can really start having fun :)

O

old.Dillinja

I'm loving this game so far, got BR5 yesterday. Had some very exciting, intense, and involving battles so far. Even as a grunt, when I'm in a battle protecting the hackers etc. I really feel needed and like I'm a part of something.

D

deygos

I really feel needed and like I'm a part of something.

aye v.true

best thing is theres so many diff roles u can play

current fav is ams hunter

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
I'm loving this game so far, got BR5 yesterday. Had some very exciting, intense, and involving battles so far. Even as a grunt, when I'm in a battle protecting the hackers etc. I really feel needed and like I'm a part of something.

If you never felt like that in DAoC, then you either never got into FG v FG, *or* you sucked.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by old.LandShark
If you never felt like that in DAoC, then you either never got into FG v FG, *or* you sucked.

Stop hanging onto my every word landshark, it's getting boring now, I don't know what I did to piss you off but leave it alone, will you?

P

[PS]Nova

Deygos, what happened to you, I kept looking out for you - thought you were going to join Sovereign Guard? :( What's your character name?

Anyone who's going to play Vanu on Werner, we have a pretty much completely daoc/BW Outfit called Sovereign Guard, website http://www.paladine.co.uk/ps/ which anyone is welcome to join, just PM me!

T

the_fnord

Just curious:
What's the monthly fee? and is there a free trail month and so on?

D

deygos

the first month is free. its $12.99 after that. imo pretty steep considering the game is pure pvp

Deygos, what happened to you, I kept looking out for you

gah angel soz i got my copy late in the afternoon & totally missed u. i did a few runs with these guys and joined them

P

[PS]Nova

Awww I did keep looking for you most of Saturday, but I wasn't sure what your char name was.

If you want to change outfits just let me know :p

B

BrassMonkey

Well for me it's amazing fun so far....i love the fact you can respec a single cert every 24 hours.

Unfortunately my framerate does seem to freeze for 10 seconds every now and then and im well over the minimum spec. Its a minor annoyance though and *mostly* doesn't ruin my game.

Unfortunately, like anything, you get the retards playing. Namely ones who bomb around a friendly base in a tank and try to run you over :rolleyes:

btw changed my forum alias was previously -Warhawk- :p

S

SilverHood

ah, the beauty of keepings ones nick the same no matter what game is played :)

P

[PS]Nova

Yeah, trouble is, I haven't played enough to have a definitive nickname yet :)

Anyone who reads this and wants to join us, we are having our first Outfit raid tonight (Monday 26 May) at 6pm GMT so we will be on then to invite anyone who wants to.

:bazbeer:

S

SilverHood

hehe, quite funny when I'm playing online, and people ask me if I'm the same person from PCGF, BW, UT, AoT, [D-X]clan, Quake, Q2, AoE2, TVS, etc

then they pretend to know me, and I don't have a clue who they are :D

P

[PS]Nova

LOL must be nice to have that kind of fame :p

Me, I tell people I'm going to message them for a particular reason, then I actually do message them, and they have no idea who I am :p

Such is the price of being unknown!

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Stop hanging onto my every word landshark, it's getting boring now, I don't know what I did to piss you off but leave it alone, will you?

:eek7:
This must be around the 2nd time I've ever contradicted you...
And I'm not pissed off, I just disagree with you :rolleyes:
Now, did you have more neurotic paranoia to get out of your system, or were you about ready to admit that you were never any good at real RvR?
(NB: now I'm pissed off at you ;p)

S

SilverHood

thats the quote landshark

I'd get a good RvR group in daoc maybe once a month

I can have one every day in PS

Does that mean I suck at doac?

K

katt!

Originally posted by SilverHood

thats because no matter how much your squad sucks in PS, its better than solo.

S

SilverHood

well, only if you're actively killing stuff

if I go solo, I can earn 100-250 xp per kill. Only thing I fear are reavers, tanks and AV maxes

I can usually take down 7-8 standard infantry before dying... thats ~800 xp

in a very sucky squad, it would take forevr to get 800 xp ;)

O

old.LandShark

No. Do you think it does? I said *or*. I even put pretty little asterisks around it!
If you weren't able to get into a viable RvR group once a day if you so desired, then I can only conclude your guild wasn't particularly RvR-oriented. By this I mean no insult to you or your (ex? if you're in PS now) guild.... just stating facts.

On-topic... tbh my experience of PS beta was that it was significantly less based on the skill of individuals, but rather on the overall play of the squad. Now, this I agree with - having played TFC at pretty-much the highest standard tfc got played at, and purely by being a good teamplayer cos my individual skill was not that reliable compared to my teammates - but I think PS took it a little toooo far. Spamcannon central was my impression :p There has to be SOME room for individual, even if momentary, brilliance of play. In TFC attacks were repelled by communication and teamwork, but when comms break down, or luck turns against you and your defence ends up 3/4 dead with a single soldier defending the flag against 4 medics - and the soldier WINS, that's what makes the game special, imho.
That said, if I had the PC spec to run it (I tried it plenty on my friend's comp) I'd probably go to PS rather than any persistent-state multiplayer game. Just because team FPS really works for me :great:

well, only if you're actively killing stuff

if I go solo, I can earn 100-250 xp per kill. Only thing I fear are reavers, tanks and AV maxes

I can usually take down 7-8 standard infantry before dying... thats ~800 xp

in a very sucky squad, it would take forevr to get 800 xp ;)

Surely that contradicts what you said a minute ago? You can get a 'sucky squad' anytime in DAoC as well, you know.

P

[PS]Nova

Surely that contradicts what you said a minute ago? You can get a 'sucky squad' anytime in DAoC as well, you know.

No, he was responding to katt's comment about no matter how sucky your squad is it's better than going solo in PS. Which isn't true :)

O

old.LandShark

The same is true of DAoC, on Excal at least. Because soloing ain't possible ;p

G

Garaen

Anyone got a few screenshots? And will the game keep my attention for more than 6 days (Eve had a massive 6 days before i cancled my subs) I am thinking about buying PS but i am not sure :)

D

deygos

ok some of my screenies ps action

coverted to jpg so qua not so perfect

shots 10-12 i think show a sandstorm which hit a base we was taking, its not just spectacular effects but changed our tactics a lot as it was impossible to see anything

a lot of the continents have varying conditions, esamir is perma fog it seems etc...these things do make a difference

various ps shots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom