Plague hits World of Warcraft

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
A deady plague has swept across the land of Warcraft claiming many victims. The plague first appeared as a death throe from Hakkar, the god of Blood who was included in the recently added Zul'Gurub dungeon.

Hakkar's localised plague was designed to infect weaken characters who were in close proximity to him as he was destoryed, however it appears some players found a way to spread the plague resulting in mass infections and deaths.

Players who did not die from the plague became carriers and unintentionally infected other players causing the rapid spread of the disease.

There have been reports of disaster zones, with some describing seeing hundreds of bodies lying in the virtual streets of the crowded online towns and cities.

Game designers Blizzard have tried to control the plague by patching and restarting key servers, but there are reports of fresh isolated pockets of plague breaking out again.

The question is, was this programming bug an accident?

Source: Lazarus

Draylor

Part of the furniture
See the other thread for silly vids/other links.

Stupid conspiracy theory #4631: Its all just a setup to persuade some folks not to play for a while - to reduce the lag ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
lmao Throd you really hate WoW :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You do realise that Deebs, Ted The Dog, Yoni and I all play WoW, don't you Throddy? :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
And how would that change my opinion, beardy no-friends fuckwit ? ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If its in his bag it wont be long till your infected throddy.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Thats "You're"...

This is actually quite hilarious that a "virus" is killing off virtual characters. The sooner and faster imo..

WoW is a disease in itself...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Pedants. I hope you all die (virtually, respect the Coc) of Hakkar's plague.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe

Dyssie, Throd et al.

Your character dies but can 'resurrect' so it's annoying, not the end of the world, certainly not the end of the game either :)

Unfortunately you're going to have to deal with the trauma assosciated with being beaten up in cs:s regularly by a man who dresses up like an elf at the weekend! :p

M

throdgrain

FH is my second home
`mongoose said:
Unfortunately you're going to have to deal with the trauma assosciated with being beaten up in cs:s regularly by a man who dresses up like an elf at the weekend! :p

M

Btw, lmfao ..... :p

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
this bind is H O M O S E X U A L ! ! 1 1 o n e o n e e l e v e n !

:D

M

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Perhaps Blizzard are hoping to disguise the lack of [fun, non-raiding/non-queing] content at level 60 by killing off the characters before they reach level 60?

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Turamber said:
Perhaps Blizzard are hoping to disguise the lack of [fun, non-raiding/non-queing] content at level 60 by killing off the characters before they reach level 60?

Get some friends and raid... not difficult.

.... ah, wait. You don't have any friends.
Back to playing Solitaire, I guess.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
/yawn

I don't find it fun and that is, after all, the purpose of any game. Besides the first 59 levels of the game are so fun and raid free that it is something of a shock to the system to get there and find there is nothing else to do. Maybe when you actually have a level 60 character you may find this out for yourself.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Turamber said:
/yawn

I don't find it fun and that is, after all, the purpose of any game. Besides the first 59 levels of the game are so fun and raid free that it is something of a shock to the system to get there and find there is nothing else to do. Maybe when you actually have a level 60 character you may find this out for yourself.

/lazy ball scratch

Dear Turamber,

even though I have a busy work week I managed to level a warrior to 60 before they ever became popular. I also happen to have a 60 mage and various alts. I guess I do have a clue...

WoW was released in the US months before the Euro version launched.. I have been playing since the stress test betas. And I still find fun in the game.

There are certainly issues that need to be addressed but that's the case with any other mmorpg. Right? Right.

Unlike you, though, I don't concentrate on the aspects of the game I don't like - I focus on the fun parts. Considering that lots of new content gets released with every patch and an expansion will introduce new areas in before x-mas

... but hey - it's fine, learn how to play.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I just don't buy into Blizzard's endgame vision. If the high level game sucks (and in my opinion its one of the poorest MMOG endgames out there) then I can see little or no reason to level up alts. WoW really must be as easy as people say though if you, a perennial MMOG underachiever, are able to have not just one but two top level characters.

I played WoW in the EU closed beta from around October/November last year and became incredibly bored with their PvP battlegrounds about 3 weeks after they opened them. Haven't been back since. Glad you are having fun, but if its not fun then I won't play a game. Real life is much better :)

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Haha, wow. I like how all the "refutations" of Turamber's opinion involve random insults/threats/oh-so-aggressive language.

Good going, guys. You obviously have no emotional ties to the issue at hand! No sir!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
you guys all talking about some kind of computer game?

*gets coat*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom