Places to live nr. Bracknell

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Right - this is rather similar to Deebs thread but as I say, I don't want to hijack it.

I'm taking suggestions for where to-live-near-bracknell, since I have an internship with Fujitsu-Siemens starting in July. It'll need to be rented for 12/13 months.

FJ are trying to set up the six of us taken on in the web team with a view to living together, so I'm thinking that maybe student fodder housing is a good bet - though we've not met yet so that remains to be organised.

If that didn't make enough sense: "Cheap and safe" will suffice. ;)

Thank you all.

amobea

Fledgling Freddie
cheap safe student housing eh?
from what i've heard of student housing over there you're looking for a miracle

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Shovel said:
Right - this is rather similar to Deebs thread but as I say, I don't want to hijack it.

I'm taking suggestions for where to-live-near-bracknell, since I have an internship with Fujitsu-Siemens starting in July. It'll need to be rented for 12/13 months.

FJ are trying to set up the six of us taken on in the web team with a view to living together, so I'm thinking that maybe student fodder housing is a good bet - though we've not met yet so that remains to be organised.

If that didn't make enough sense: "Cheap and safe" will suffice. ;)

Thank you all.

PM Jonnie Darko - he lives in Bracknell at the moment but is moving to when GAME ups sticks in a couple of months (we're right opposite the big Fujitsu building atm).

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sandhurst is quite close but also a hole in many parts, and Camberley is a dump :)

You might want to look at some of the places with stations on the same line... (from memory, so forgive inaccuracies pls) Martin's Heron, Wokingham, Winnersh, Winnersh Triangle, Earley and Reading are all on the same main line from Waterloo.

Oh... and I have a garden shed, but it's taken :p

Jas

Fledgling Freddie
I started working in Wokingham 2 weeks ago. Its pretty nice here.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Jas said:
I started working in Wokingham 2 weeks ago. Its pretty nice here.

Wow - I thought you'd disappeared loooong ago :)

dave

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Shovel (your fellow unknown-UMIST'r here). I'm on placement in Marlow next year, so am looking at accomadation in Reading/Maidenhead area. Quick check of nationalrail says Reading->Bracknell is 20mins. So if you decide to live out that way then maybe we could sort something out ;)

DaGen

Fledgling Freddie
I work in Bracknell and live in Lower Earley.

Personally Bracknell is a shithole and I wouldn't live there if you paid me but Lower Earley is just 10mins away at the other end of the A329 and it's much nicer than Bracknell. You could also look at Wokingham, thats a nice little place. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom