PKers on Werner (Vanu)

O

old.Eeek

Any known PK Outfits to avoid?

Got PK'd 3 times by members of 26th Airmobile today for no reason, wanted to know who else to avoid...

S

SilverHood

26th Airmobile seem to spam recruiting advters on broadcast....

because of the grief system, there aren't any dedicated grief outfits out there

O

old.Eeek

Heh, tis a bit silly - got whacked 6 times by them now, did get 2 back tho (shouldn't have really - but, well, someone has to)

J

Jonaldo

It's an fps, the whole game is based on PK'ing, if you don't kill other players you won't get very far believe me.

O

old.Eeek

Originally posted by Omniscieous
It's an fps, the whole game is based on PK'ing, if you don't kill other players you won't get very far believe me.

Haha, you are either trying to be funny or you are acting the troll - 26th Airmobile is a Vanu/Werner Outfit - I am also in a Vanu/Werner Outfit - I suppose I should use the term TK? maybe that would help you :)

The problem with griefer outfits is that if they take it in turns to kill you they will not accumulate much grief - maybe the grief system should apply to outfits in some way..

Edit: Game is still lots of fun tho, quite interesting to have to watch your back for members of your own side as well as the enemy :D

J

Jonaldo

Yeah sorry :) I forgot to add the ":p" at the end, I wasn't being serious :)

S

Summo

What the hell does 'PK' stand for? Eh? EH?

Use TK instead, please. The advantage being people understand it.

S

SilverHood

PK? comes from UO, where PvP (player vs player) originated

PK'er was simply player killer?

thought everyone who played online games knew that ;)

C

Cernos

Originally posted by SilverHood
PK? comes from UO, where PvP (player vs player) originated

PK'er was simply player killer?

thought everyone who played online games knew that ;)

PK'er was a MUD term long long before UO ever existed. Online PvP and the term Player Killer (PK) originated in text-based MUDs long before MMORPG and MMOFPS as we know them now.

S

SilverHood

ah well, never did play MUD's... UO is where I first heard the terms anyway ;)

D

Deadmanwalking

This is what MMORPGS does to fragile little minds

R

Rigon-Noir-

i find the latest run of tk'ers have just been shooting through me to get the kill :( pretty fookin poor if you ask me.
Problem is, the grief point system doesn't differentiate between blantant tk's and accidents, otherwise they could make these twats have more severe penalties.

Noir BR13 / CR2 Adv Hack/Infil/Reaver/AMS/Medic
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
This is what MMORPGS does to fragile little minds

You say this about infs also.. think of a new line godammit :p

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Tidus Morgahna
Noir BR13 / CR2 Adv Hack/Infil/Reaver/AMS/Medic
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

It's been said before, make a sig :p will save you at least 17 seconds per post ;)

M

mid_Efour

Originally posted by Cernos
PK'er was a MUD term long long before UO ever existed. Online PvP and the term Player Killer (PK) originated in text-based MUDs long before MMORPG and MMOFPS as we know them now.

shit tking by typing how absolutely thrilling

Efour hits Cernos with his baseballbat of love. Are you dead yet?

S

SilverHood

it wasnt like that efour.....

examine room

you examine the room, it is empty. A large door leads out to the main street (west) with a wodden door leading to a backroom (east)

open wodden door.
Go east

You open the wodden door, and a bedroom greets you. There is a closet near the window, and a large chest by the beds side

examine chest

It is made of wood, and has no visible lock that you can see

open chest

You open the chest.
You find a magnificent cape with a silver hood

equip cape

You are now wearing the Silver Hood cape!

you hear a faint sound from the west
you hear a sound from the west
you hear a loud sound from the west

Atronus has just entered the room

Atronus hits you with his mace of power!
You are hit for 60 damage!

The blow cracks open you skull!
You are dead

never did play a mud after that... but the name stuck

:D

C

Chenuba

The other night I was hacking a base. Suddenly someone starts to shoot at me and ½ my HPs gone. 10 sec. later I got "finished" off and see it's a VS stealther making a TK on me to get the hack. BTW, his name was Fractallogic. Named and shamed now.

Another thing that's annoying though, is when you're trying to fire your spec. ass. or heavy ass. somewhere and in the very same instant you press your trigger, someone from your own team just jump or run right in front of you so you get a lot of grief.
Don't people got eyes in their heads or are those XP so important to them that they can't stop themselves from doing it ???

R

Rigon-Noir-

should i name this guy?? not sure it's a good idea but here's what happened........

Guy on Magrider sweeping round tower on Solsar we are trying to take from Terrans. He did a couple of tk's then as i was close to a couple of enemies he ran the tank past me, not enough to kill me but left me about 3hp).
I sent a /tell saying "be more careful mate" to which the reply was this

"stfu"
"i'm not here to chat"
"anyway, you killed teamamtes in Iraq"

go back to deathmatches mate.

Didn't get chance to say that, was already on ignore when i tried to say "what the hell are you on about?"

M

mank!

I racked up about 300 grief points last night in big battles, why don't people have the common sense NOT to walk across you when you're blatantly firing? Retards :|

I also managed to rack up 70 odd grief points in one go just walking upto a Sunderer to get in, fuck knows how that happened.

C

.Cask

I ran over my squadmate while I was trying to pull up next to him so he could get in. Was nowhere near hitting him on my screen, really annoying. And then I forgot I had turned off names and was running around killing friendly stealthers, got some nasty tells about that :(

T

Turamber

I took the Sunderer certification, as transport seemed to be a problem when I was playing. Unfortunately I hadn't completed the training routines.

Unfortunate for anybody near me, or in my vehicle that is ... so far I've driven off a bridge and drowned everyone; fallen off two cliffs; reversed over a squad ... oh and a few more things too.

I'm not a TK'er tho -- just a crap driver, in the most difficult vehicle to ever have wheels :eek:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

You could team up with Jup in the transportation business... :D

J

Jupitus

more beer = better flying

<pops back down to the booze shop>

P

[PS]Nova

<snip bits about MUDs>

I used to run a MUD, was very like what Silver says, except mine didn't have PK.

Was working on coding another one which would have had, when my attention/concentration span ran out and I sort of ignored them for the next three years then found daoc.

MUDs were great tho. Yes, they were text, but they were still a lot of fun imo.

Specially when you played for ages, so you'd know all the directions to all the best weapons/armour, so you'd go into the game, then type.

w
e
s
s
e
n
w
s
e
e
e
n
n
n
w
w
s
s
get excalibur
<get transported back after quest>

e
e
n
n
s
e
n
w
w
w
w
n
n
get uberarmour (don't remember the name)
<get transported back>

prepare to kick ass.

And if you were really good, you could type all this in in the space of about 2 seconds and then sit and watch the screen scroll as you automatically did the quest and got the items :)

OK I'll shut up now.. but I did love MUDs they were great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom