Pirates of the Caribbean

S

sonicyouth

Just got back from the cinema after seeing this. Pretty good, decent storyline and acting with some impressive fight scenes. And Keira Knightley.

M

Moving Target

God, this movie was dull. And Johnny Depp cannot act. He was just like he was in Fear and Loathing albeit with a different accent. Keira Knightley was nice enough, course, but this movie was rather crap imo.

C

Custy

Movie was fantastic, really enjoyed it. Depp was farking quality aswell.

W

Wij

Johnny Depp can certainly act. He did what was needed for the film and was memorable for it.

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Wij
Johnny Depp can certainly act. He did what was needed for the film and was memorable for it.

He was only memorable because he was so shit.

S

SilverHood

I thought it was pretty good

Depp was class :D

probably the first decent film he's been in :D

M

mank!

From Hell? Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas? I thought both were at least decent :)

M

Moving Target

Fear and Loathing is alright once, but watching it 3 times is rather tedious :\

H

Happy Go Lucky

he was ok in blow too.. a good midrange actor I think, and yes best film he's been in. Pirates of carribean is a good film, well worth watching, but by no means is it a cool ground breaking film, just good clean wholesome family fun.

T

Tom

Depp was excellent in Donnie Brasco, and Edward Scissorhands. He rocked in Sleepy Hollow.

Hes one of those actors who stays away from the mainstream (POTC excepted), and chooses roles that attract a cult following. He gets my vote every time.

C

Ch3tan

Depp is a good actor, picky about his roles and always seems to have fun with them.

S

Scouse

I think the reason he's not "mainstream" is that he's too hammy by far to land those sort of roles.

He's so-so. Entertaining but not convincing.....

N

newborn

the only film ive seen with johnny depp in it was edward scissorhands, which put me off seeing any more films with him in.

S

Slug

This film is superb, it has everything.

Ii wish they would make a real gory bloody pirate film, instead of this disney shit.

oh well, still a good film.

Its musical score is good, only surpassed by the matrix.

S

Summo

Originally posted by Scouse
I think the reason he's not "mainstream" is that he's too hammy by far to land those sort of roles.

He's so-so. Entertaining but not convincing.....
Oh, DAMN YOU! Watch Donnie Brasco, ffs. Watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Platoon, Chocolat... The man's one of the few great actors of our generation.

His 'ham' roles are memorable and may sway people's perception of him. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Ed Wood, Pirates of the Caribbean... all great.

I'm not gay, but I'd gladly bum him in the bum while singing tunes from Edward Scissorhands. (not gay)

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Summo
His 'ham' roles are memorable and may sway people's perception of him. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Pirates of the Caribbean

Those two movies should be counted as one tbh.

O

Ono

LOL

How many of these fucking threads do we need?

Users who are viewing this thread