Pirates of the Burning Sea

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I played that stress test. I enjoyed the PvE quests, but didn't do any PvP or world travel, just quests. It seems to be pretty fun. They stated that they have improved the swordfighting since then, I should hope so too.

On a brighter note: You get an in-game parrot if you pre-order now. Apparently.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I played that stress test. I enjoyed the PvE quests, but didn't do any PvP or world travel, just quests. It seems to be pretty fun. They stated that they have improved the swordfighting since then, I should hope so too.

On a brighter note: You get an in-game parrot if you pre-order now. Apparently.

unles it has pew pew laz0rz i dont want one :< that would be the only thing that makes me play this game and not BBO :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
i got bored after about 2 hours :/ and thats after doing only sea quests, which they state are pretty much done, and is what i'm looking for.

no, i'm gonna try bounty bay online again and see how that is now, if its better then it was in beta SOE is gonna have one hell of a hard time to compete.

i mean, i can't think of one thing PotBS has that would make me want to play that instead of BBO, BBO looks better, it has better controls etc etc. it just looks more "in depth" then PotBS does :(

plus, i didnt get bored after the first 2 hours in that game even if it was even less finished when i tried it in beta then this game is now.

kinda smelling a "deja vu(sp?)" similar to Auto Assault's fate here.

I hope you are kidding....
Bounty Bay Online is the same as Voyage Century Online which is a free version of it. And it royally sucks. Its nothing but a korean grindfest, you don't know grinding until you played VCO/BBO :)

I got to a lvl 7 Adventure ship and something like 50 / 100 sword skill and man, that took alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of time :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I hope you are kidding....
Bounty Bay Online is the same as Voyage Century Online which is a free version of it. And it royally sucks. Its nothing but a korean grindfest, you don't know grinding until you played VCO/BBO :)

i know. so imagine how fucking sad THIS game is then....

BBO may be a grind fest but atleast the game plays somewhat realisticly.

this game is just one massive hunk of fail.

Lethul

FH is my second home
i know. so imagine how fucking sad THIS game is then....

BBO may be a grind fest but atleast the game plays somewhat realisticly.

this game is just one massive hunk of fail.

ive played both, and id say POTBS is funnier. Neither are really that good tho. Disapointed in potbs so far :(

pez

Can't get enough of FH
only really impressive thing i found about potbs was the potential of the economy system.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think you're being rather harsh.

ofc i am. i'm disapointed over a game that could be that much better.

i'l most likly play it again come release just to form a second opinion. but from what i've read on the beta boards and what i experienced when i was in the stress tests something tells me i'm not gonna change all that much.

sure theres quite a few things they have done diferent/better then BBO did, but the over all playability is alot worse. the ship controlls being the major gripe from my part. it handles like a carrot shaped piece of jello fgs. and that part of the game was presumaly 95% done, so there aint gonna be much of any improvement in that department.

but like i said, i'm gonna try it again, and i might actually like it. even if it is unlikly.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
It's supposed to be kinda slow, it's about sailing ships in 1730 or something...

It does remind me of Sid Meier's game... a lot.

YouTube - Sid Meier's Pirates! Gameplay Video
[youtubevid]G43AYE3C4LA[/youtubevid]
58-lg.jpg

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Pirates! (remake) > all

Love the game, runs on even my ancient Dell D600 laptop :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
just got into the open beta thanks to dlgamer - really quite good fun so far :)

Not got into it enough to say whether or not it's the bestest game evarr after 3 years of playing but it's engaging enough that I wanna get home from work to play it now damnit :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
really enjoyed bimbling around in it. didnt want to grind it, just play now and then. the 3d people are a bit gash, but then the boats section which is most important is fine.
and as for people callingit boring, i presume you never got above lvl 15 in WoW then ? or almost any other MMO that has "go kill me X of Y so you can get to lvl Z" quests

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
really enjoyed bimbling around in it. didnt want to grind it, just play now and then. the 3d people are a bit gash, but then the boats section which is most important is fine.
and as for people callingit boring, i presume you never got above lvl 15 in WoW then ? or almost any other MMO that has "go kill me X of Y so you can get to lvl Z" quests

It doesn't bring ANYTHING new to the mmo market, it could and should have been more like "Pirates!" and less like WoW with rather tedious ship combat breaking up the abysmal land based combat.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
It doesn't bring ANYTHING new to the mmo market, it could and should have been more like "Pirates!" and less like WoW with rather tedious ship combat breaking up the abysmal land based combat.

dont find it tedious, and i got to lvl 20, twice, doing no land based missions at all so....
as for being more like "Pirates!". well, in both of those you visit ports, and sail around having ship fights with people, so dunno what your alluding to tbh

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Played it for about 6-7 months in closed beta, and my immediate impressions was that I absolutely loved the Ship vs. Ship combat in the Port contention battles (not as much in ad-hoc battles).
Outside that - there weren't much that drew me ot the game, so am not going to play it in live, unless something changes down the line.

Good potential in that game, just some poorly executed elements which pushed me away. Didn't like Ad-hoc PvP and PvE was way to much a grind only to level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom