Pirates of the Burning Sea

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Anyone else have an eye on this swashbuckling game due to release in june this year?

http://www.burningsea.com/

Looks like it's gonna be quite cool, kind of like EVE on the high seas without many of the annoyances.

Discuss! :)

Starman

Part of the furniture
Aye I've been watching this one for a long while now still looking good :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone else have an eye on this swashbuckling game due to release in june this year?

http://www.burningsea.com/

Looks like it's gonna be quite cool, kind of like EVE on the high seas without many of the annoyances.

Discuss! :)

I shudder to even think how long this game has been in development to be honest and i fear alot of it will be out of date.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Always been a neat idea for an mmorpg but they have messed around and delayed this for a long time now for various reasons.

Still, it'll be interesting to see what it's like when they do release it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
There is also a free Pirate game out i played it for a while and from what i have read about both games there isn't too much difference.

It will flop i'm afraid, if it's not fantasy based it won't do well unless it becomes a phenomenon like Eve which i highly doubt giving it's constant delays.

This game was development before WoW incase most of you don't know, pethetic to be honest.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Thats all true but graphically i would put it on par or better than any other mmorpg currently released.

I don't think it will be a massive hit but i expect it will pull in DAoC or CoH style numbers.

Also, from what i gather its nothing like Voyage Century Online.

Finally, Devs are pretty active on their forums and they keep saying they are still working at a June release so expect open beta soon imo.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thats all true but graphically i would put it on par or better than any other mmorpg currently released.

I don't think it will be a massive hit but i expect it will pull in DAoC or CoH style numbers.

Finally, Devs are pretty active on their forums and they keep saying they are still working at a June release so expect open beta soon imo.

EQ2 graphics own that game dude and Vanguard just destroys it.

There is no hype for the game at all :(

Ah yep and its all freaking instanced which people are really getting fed the fuck up of :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

LOTRO will be out first and the gfx for that game are way better imo.

Hate to admit it, but lotro is looking like the most promising new release at the mo.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
To be honest, from a graphics perspective I think PotBS looks among the best for this years mmo titles. Maybe beat by Age of Conan.

Also mmo concepts never go out of date, I doubt it will get WoW numbers, but something like DAoC.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I'd disagree with you guys on the grpahics front with regards to LOTRO and Vanguard.(no idea about eg2). Maybe its all taste but the ship graphics are great. The avatar gfx aren't as good i'll admit but then they have only just been put in.

As for instancing, its not all over the place and its entirely neccessary imo. You cant have decent naval battles on a smaller scale map without instancing. The idea of a fight carrying on all the way around Cuba is ridiculous. And if it was a full scale map it would take so long to get from A to B as not to be fun.

I think a lot of people play WoW and then assume every game with instancing will mean 40 man raids over and over again or something.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
this game looks fantastic :)

but as has been said its taken too long, remember looking at a place-holder website way back when i was looking at Shadowbane beta info hehe

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I couldn't give a damn about graphics if it's a decent game with reasonable support and community. Something I found lacking in WoW and that is lacking now in DAOC :p

pez

Can't get enough of FH
this game looks fantastic :)

but as has been said its taken too long, remember looking at a place-holder website way back when i was looking at Shadowbane beta info hehe

Well its going to be the next big mmorpg release after LOTRO thats for sure.

It very much exists in a very playable format.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
EQ2 graphics own that game dude and Vanguard just destroys it.

There is no hype for the game at all :(

Ah yep and its all freaking instanced which people are really getting fed the fuck up of :(

i can agree with the instanced being shit part. but the rest, while it may be true. doesent make or break a game, playability do. u can have lifelike graphics in a game thats been hyped up to the moon and it can still be a royal fuckup if the game doesent play well. for instance, look at WW2 online. cant say the graphic in that game are much to get exited about, it was never hyped in the way like WoW, EQ2, vanguard or any of the other "fluff is everything" games when it was in dvelopement, and still its going pretty darn well, why? because it plays well... sure, better graphic probably wouldent hurt. but it doesent *need* to have that.

any game company that needs to hype their game in order to be successfull make me start to wonder whats wrong with it. and why they dont dare to let the game speaks for itself.....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Personally I couldn't give a damn about graphics if it's a decent game with reasonable support and community. Something I found lacking in WoW and that is lacking now in DAOC :p

problem with the support in WoW tho is that they have to many subscribers. they just cant keep up.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yeah, as said before the graphics atleast at sea look really nice. Avatar movement and combat seems abit crap at the moment, but hopefully that will change. Ship combat looks really cool and there is a lot of tactical and strategical decisions to be made in the course of battle.

There seems to be a heavy use of instancing in the game, which I don't like that much because it tends to just add up on load times and such. And also since you can more or less play the game without bumping into anyone (just entering and exiting mission instances, for instance ;) ) I wouldn't make half as many buddies in DAoC at the start if Mitra near Prydwen Keep was an instance ;)
But I guess in such a game it wouldn't be possible to do it any other way....

Yeah, it's gonna be the next big mmorpg after LOTRO, then probably Age of Conan and then WAR. Also hopefully Darkfall somewhere inbetween :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
I will defiantly play it. I'm a bit tired of all the "fantasy" stuff now. This game looks great and it will hopefully roxor my boxors!

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I think this game is going to be a massive let down.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
hmm, i have a positive feeling about it :)

They have improved it alot, yes. Flying Lab Studios are really professional and really listens to the community.
But for some, I think it'll be a let-down if they get to play it compared to reading about it and watching screenshots

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just wait till the NDA is lifted which probably won't be until Winter because i do not believe at all this game will be released within the next 6 months.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Just wait till the NDA is lifted which probably won't be until Winter because i do not believe at all this game will be released within the next 6 months.

How come? :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
<bump>

theyve announced a beta invite increase, massively ramping up the numbers recently to test it.

so get yourself signed up if your interested tbh!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
bumples.

beta is up on Fileplanet, and its open to public

:england:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
For my part it was quite pants, but if you got a thing for pirates and all that, go ahead :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
A game thats been in development for pretty much ever living up to the hype? nahhhhhhh.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
gave it a spin this morning, and i'm pretty disappointed :(

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
It's dull as fuck after about a week. Good luck tho, knock yourselves out ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's dull as fuck after about a week. Good luck tho, knock yourselves out ;)

i got bored after about 2 hours :/ and thats after doing only sea quests, which they state are pretty much done, and is what i'm looking for.

no, i'm gonna try bounty bay online again and see how that is now, if its better then it was in beta SOE is gonna have one hell of a hard time to compete.

i mean, i can't think of one thing PotBS has that would make me want to play that instead of BBO, BBO looks better, it has better controls etc etc. it just looks more "in depth" then PotBS does :(

plus, i didnt get bored after the first 2 hours in that game even if it was even less finished when i tried it in beta then this game is now.

kinda smelling a "deja vu(sp?)" similar to Auto Assault's fate here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom