Rant Piggy flu vaccinations.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
<MOD>keep it together guys :eek:</MOD>

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I heard when these viruses come out, they usually come back stronger in X amount of months. Having the vaccine should protect you against the stronger strain later on.

Fuck knows if its true

Nope, most people believe that but it isn't always the case. Any mutation to the virus in the intervening period and your immune system may not react to the new threat until much later than it would if it was infected for a second time with the original virus. That is the whole problem really, vaccines of this sort can be very hit and miss because flu viruses have mutated so often, that is why there are literally 100's of variants afaik.

Thot was right, we need to remove the humane element of thinking in this matter, it should be less about potentially saving a few lives and more about being able to properly treat those that do become infected because when it comes to flu variants they are never going away and they will always mutate over time. So why keep spending tens of billions every year to make sure a few people don't die? Feed people in Africa instead, that money will save millions of lives and not a few hundred.

Oh wait, they aren't white...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Viruses mutate to beat the vaccine, and usually come back weaker, and then build up strength over time.

A vaccine for flu should do you for 10 years.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Couldn't pay me to have the vaccine. It's had what, 6 months trial? It's not been completed tested on children and there has been no test on pregnant women. This vaccine has potential to do more harm than good (as has been the case with some vaccines in the past).

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Nope, most people believe that but it isn't always the case. Any mutation to the virus in the intervening period and your immune system may not react to the new threat until much later than it would if it was infected for a second time with the original virus. That is the whole problem really, vaccines of this sort can be very hit and miss because flu viruses have mutated so often, that is why there are literally 100's of variants afaik.

Thanks for explaining that :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Forget about the brown bag over her head, Chod's mum requires a binliner. And that is just for one of her massive thighs!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You don't need bloody vaccinations. Stop being wusses.

When you wake up go for a 10 mile run, wrestle a bear, swim to the bottom of an icy lake, shag a mermaid, swim back up, shag the bear, catch a deer on the way home, shag the wife while the deer's cooking then go to work

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit of an update;

250k(correct if wrong) die of regular flu every year.
6k have died of h1n1(again correct).

Now they are planning on vaccinating every citizen here.

With the 4/5 getting sick of the vaccination, this is just silly on all counts.

IT's going to cause way more damage then the h1n1 could've done and if we add regular flu on top of that, all i can say is;

Yei for paranoia and scaremongering.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Bit of an update;

250k(correct if wrong) die of regular flu every year.
6k have died of h1n1(again correct).
The h1n1 has this far had far lower mortality rate than a normal flu. And what i find strange is that there is different vaccines out there, the one used in Sweden is not the same used in the UK. And one of the active ingredients used in the Swedish one has been linked to autism or something like that. And why the need of a perservative like mercury? Is the shelflife of the vaccine just a few days without it?

I rather get sick and have my own body fight the flu, than inject the vaccine. I rather play the lottery with cash, than play the lottery with the vaccine and hope not to get some of the worst side effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom