Piety and power

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Hello again,

I wonder if Piety (in midgard) effects. Does it affect how fast you cast your spells? Does it affect how much power I get? Does it affect how much damage my spells do?

Appreciate any answer :)

//Chalaim

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
It affect damage and power pool.

Dex affects your cast speed :)

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Piety = spell damage + power pool

the +power stat on items is crap, and worthless
the +power% bonus on items is nice and yummy

never SC +power

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Right....Dex affects casting speed. Sorry :)
Is it worth going for realm abilities that affects your Piety? I know that you need it is prerequsite to other abilities but beside that, is it worth getting som points in to raise?

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
Piety = spell damage + power pool

the +power stat on items is crap, and worthless
the +power% bonus on items is nice and yummy

never SC +power

I know it was worthless a few patches ago, but I belive it had something to do with most casters had capped their power pool with pie already.

Not sure it is true anymore with the +power/power% cap items. I noticed power pool acts like con do to hp when adding or removing +power items and or power % items. Ie giving a space in pow that needs to be rested up.
Can be me misstaking the different pow and % though.
Have capped both on the exp suit for my sm to be sure, and it seems to work.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It was to do with the fact that +26 power (the maximum) took up lots of spellcrafting space, yet gained you a fraction of an extra spell, which was largely irrelevant.

+25% power, and +25 power cap (+ another +25% power) gives you 50% more spellcasting, which is VERY worth having.

Darzil

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Dunno if anyone wants to know, but I found out yesterday that ToA items with +Acuity gives skalds +charisma, and you get a message that your power has increased too ^^

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, acuity spells only help cloth casters (non hybrids / list casters - however you want to term it). Acuity items help anyone with a power pool.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom