Piercings : Xtro You Around?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
'Sup,

I'm thinking about getting a lip piercing. I'll be going abroad at the end of June, but I'm a bit worried about infections as I'll be in and out of the sea and waterparks. I was told I'd need to get it done atleast a month before I leave, to cater for swelling an' shit.

Question time:

Q: Is £30 a fair price?

Q: Has anyone here had any problems with piercings?

Q: Is something like this covered by holiday insurance?

Q: Does anyone here actually think they look any good?

Q: Ring or stud?

Many thanks!

Will

/bin/su
A : Yes

A : Yes. Nipple piercings take bastard ages to heal, and don't mix well with mountain biking.

A : I have no idea.

A : Depends on your face / style / if you are a hot suicide girl

A : Off centre, ring, center, short spike

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
A : Off centre, ring, center, short spike

Cock ring?

I am having my tattoo cover-up a week on Wednesday, I'm shatting myself, can't actually remember if they hurt as it was so long ago when I had mine.

Will

/bin/su
I think a spiked prince albert would be a little self-defeating.

And you need to MTFU.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
'Sup,

I'm thinking about getting a lip piercing. I'll be going abroad at the end of June, but I'm a bit worried about infections as I'll be in and out of the sea and waterparks. I was told I'd need to get it done atleast a month before I leave, to cater for swelling an' shit.

Question time:

Many thanks!

A:unsure of the prices in teh Blighty
A:nipple piercings are a bitch to get healed, and any piercing is needing to be cleaned regularly imo (like duh)
A:what? "the nail at the end of the bed caught my piercing and ripped it out?" depends on your insurance
A:what Will said tbh. my ex had lots of piercings and I thought most were pretty hot. she, on the other hand, seemed a bit, ooh I dunno, ashamed of them from time to time, but I guess that has a bit to do with being a girl tbh. also I know a girl who has a lip piercing (in the face, perves) and she looks sweet as anything, I know a guy with one and he looks like a bloke with a fishhook through his lip. depends on perception I guess, and if you are a hot suicide girl or not. if you are, I'm single and like girls with piercings and tattoos :)
A:you can also get corkscrews and things in case you really don't know (and then you shouldn't get one imo, if you don't really know) and also, depending on your complexion adapt the colouring of the metal please: imo pale people with very dark piercings look really weird :/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
A : Yes. Nipple piercings take bastard ages to heal, and don't mix well with mountain biking.

And mine still decides to give me trouble every now and again. But I refuse to give up on it!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You're all fucking freaks I tell ya.

Dr Medusa

Fledgling Freddie
I'd suggest getting a ring to start with regardless of what you want to wear regularly. In my experience the piercing will heal a lot better with a ring than a stud/spike/whatever.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH

Is it fuck. Well maybe for down south but I get piercings for ~£15

Only when they aren't taken care of properly.

Don't drink for the first week or so, thinning the bloods a bad idea
Remember to TWIST no matter how painful it is, that marginal amount of pain is nothing compared to when the skin starts sticking.

Don't know.

I love 'em me! :D

Stud. NEVER get a ring first. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Normally I don't think youd have a problem with waterparks or seaside since it's reccomended to wash with a saline solution or one that's at least hygeinic and most pool water these days has so much Chlorine in it the chances of infection are fairly slim.

Just be wary you don't catch it because it hurts like a m'fer.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe, so one for a stud, the other for a ring.

Sharma, what's this about twisting? And why are you so certain about getting a stud first?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you don't want the skin sticking to the metal, or going crusty (yum!) and that sticking to the metal and your skin sticking to that.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Ring piercing, side lip = hot, or incredibly emo, depending on person.

Spike piercing, central lip = warm, or slightly try-too-hard nordic rocker, depending on person.

Eyebrow peircing = fine on boys in rock bands, and butch lesbians, but when it grows out and leaves you with an eyebrow scar of baldness that looks like you shaved lines in ala 90's boyband, its not so cool.

Nipple piercing = No. Sorry guys, unless you're a gay man, or a gay man, or have enough piercings that it's following a theme, nipple piercings are wrong.

It's not just blokes either. Most nipple peircings on women are horrid too. My friend had hers done, and it was set so far back that it was less a nipple peircing, and more a Franken-tit with a bolt through it. Ergh.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Frizz, since you were on about lip piercings, the reason I reccomend getting a stud first is because different people react differently to a new foreign object through the flesh as you'd imagine.

So if you end up getting a ring in your lip and it ends up swelling a lot then the only thing you'll end up with is a big bloody mess and a split lip - so a stud for the first ~3-4 weeks or so is usually the best idea whilst the swellings about. :)

P.S Where the fuck is Xtro when you need him? The amount of piercings he's had..

Trem

I changed the title so if Xtro is browsing he will pop in here.

Tbh if you PM him he will reply, hes given me loads of advice and help with my cover-up.

Great great bloke and I wish he was around more.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nipple piercing = No. Sorry guys, unless you're a gay man, or a gay man, or have enough piercings that it's following a theme, nipple piercings are wrong.
Read it and weep Chet :D

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Cock ring?

I am having my tattoo cover-up a week on Wednesday, I'm shatting myself, can't actually remember if they hurt as it was so long ago when I had mine.

depends where the tatt is trem - and if you are a big girly about pain.

had to get mine redone as all the colour faded after 5 months.

use Preperation H cream after wards instead of Savlon - this heals it INCREDIBLY quickly.

Trem

Upper arm Laz but I am having a half sleeve so I aren't looking forward to the inside bits of the arm, I have asked for him not to go close to my arm pits either.

Iirc it is more annoying than painful.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
o0 who'd want to do that as it is? :eek:

Noone is allowed to, by law. Trem's pits are protected under a conservation order.....

Rare nesting birds in there :D

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
can you not coax them out with a round of sarnies (like 1 slice each)

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
£30 is pricey....and thats talking london prices!
Nipple rings are plain wrong....they give me the creeps. Lip studs, in the center I like, rings I don't, so thats another vote for a stud.
No, no holiday insurance is going to cover your piercing, unless its got an 18 carat diamond in it, in which case its the diamond it'll be covering, not the piercing.
I personally wouldn't suggest going to waterparks and shit with it newly done....but thats only cos I know how many kids pee and poo in pools....plus all the verrucaed feet walking around....tbh, no matter how much clhorine is in the pool, its still a risk!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
unless you wear a condom over your head to keep the bugs out.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Upper arm Laz but I am having a half sleeve so I aren't looking forward to the inside bits of the arm, I have asked for him not to go close to my arm pits either.

Iirc it is more annoying than painful.

I had a full sleeve started last week, the only 'annoying' parts are the elbow (gave me a funny tingling sensation) and the shoulder to chest area.

What exactly you getting done? design side of things... :touch:

Sar

Part of the furniture
I have 1 tattoo and 0 piercings.

I'm a big jessy. Mind you I would like another tat.

Trem

I had a full sleeve started last week, the only 'annoying' parts are the elbow (gave me a funny tingling sensation) and the shoulder to chest area.

What exactly you getting done? design side of things... :touch:

Japanese dragon design mega restricted because its a cover-up. My favourite ever Jap stuff is the Yellow Blaze designs. I took in a pic of a YB design and the guy (Indigo Tattoo) has pretty much drawn it exactly to what I wanted but changed it into a half sleeve rather than a full sleeve -

tattoo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom