Picking sides...

Which side?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Order or Destruction? Which will you try first :)

(yeah yeah I know there's a which race poll but it's a year old :p)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Well i'm tempted by Destruction side to play my typical heavy tank toon (Chosen :eek:), that said if trend is that every1 and his dog will roll order i'll jump ship and play an Empire Knight i guess ^^

Asuyi

Fledgling Freddie
I like the dark elves in almost every other game and will probably play as such, depending of course on the career options. If I don't like them, when Mythic announces the last two races, I will probably choose to play a high elf (order)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
from what i seen destruction is gonna be abit bigger than Order, so pretty sure its Order for me. From polls on War alliance and not this tiny poll ofc :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
ahh but that's a poll of all the people nuts enough to be posting on a forum about a game that's not out till next year...

That's a small and particularly nutty subset of the people that post on forums about a game they play...

Which is a particularly nutty subset of the people that play the game.

So, not really representative, and filled with walnuts.

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
who can say no to be playing a crazy d0rf?! We all love the long beards and the chip on their shoulders :D

Tricose

Fledgling Freddie
hihi my first post yay
anyways will probably be order as they have dwarves but thn again they dnt allow u to be slayers so i might switch and become a pink and purple sword weilding maniac

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
hihi my first post yay
anyways will probably be order as they have dwarves but thn again they dnt allow u to be slayers so i might switch and become a pink and purple sword weilding maniac

welcome to FH - make sure you wear flame proof clothing from time to time and don't take everything to heart.

Destruction here - will want to play group and solo rogue classes.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
hihi my first post yay

Hi Tricose!! Grimaldi here :D

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Well i'm tempted by Destruction side to play my typical heavy tank toon (Chosen :eek:), that said if trend is that every1 and his dog will roll order i'll jump ship and play an Empire Knight i guess ^^

Chosen is my primary class atm aswell.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I'd put money on most people going off to play as chaos.

Personally, I think I'll be on the side of the Empire. Time to be the underdog I think...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
dunno, all seem so interesting and empire is kinda cool in warhammer (usually empire like stuff are pansies - like in wow)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I 1st thought 'bout magus or dark elve witch (or wotever de caster is), tho watching at all the ppl around willing to join destruction, im seriously considering now rolling a bright wizzy :flame:

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I have to agree now I am a bit worried - besides that Witchunter class looked really cool....

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno really.. Voted "Probably Destruction", but it seems as Destruction is gonna be the new Albion, so i think ill end up playing Order instead. I always liked being the underdog the most.

Btw, does anyone know if they have taken any measures to ensure some form of population balance?, perhaps similar as in DAOC or hopefully better..

StyxScout

Fledgling Freddie
I played Horde in WoW and as much as i LOVE Warhammer Greenskins i'm going Order because i wanna be a stunty

HansMortis

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen here! so +1 for destruction...

Btw, does anyone know if they have taken any measures to ensure some form of population balance?, perhaps similar as in DAOC or hopefully better..

I was just reading a thread about this subject on vn, and as somebody pointed out, on a recent interview Jeff said: "we have a list of about 14 different things we are doing just to help with population balance. Which is about twice as many as Camelot is able to do."

It looks good on paper, hehe, lets see...

The interview (look at the bottom)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen here! so +1 for destruction...

I was just reading a thread about this subject on vn, and as somebody pointed out, on a recent interview Jeff said: "we have a list of about 14 different things we are doing just to help with population balance. Which is about twice as many as Camelot is able to do."

It looks good on paper, hehe, lets see...

The interview (look at the bottom)

Yeah it looks like these things are going to be more actively managed. I never felt that DAOC had any overt mechanisms initially, and they only came in later on. You would only ever know if you went to the webpage. So its going to be alot more in your face bonus's to nudge you to the right server/side.

But given their whole experience with DAOC, I would expect everything to be more refined.

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
Order, Witch Hunter. When I played Warhammer table top back in the day (a good 5/6 years ago) I loved the idea of Mordheim witch hunters.

Roffe

Fledgling Freddie
Voted Destruction...

As we all know looks > all, and there is nothing more charming than a Goblin farting and scratching his own butt, so thats what i'm playing.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll try all, but mostly depending on what my guild/alliance want to choose. Seeing that Order is going to be underdogs maybe I'd like to choose them.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
mattlow said:
You have talked abit about balancing out sides in WAR. Can you elaborate a bit on how you can do this?

The Hickman said:
We are talking things like, and I am making no promises, but we are talking possibilities like, when you enter the game, something pops up and says, "Hey, you know what, we suggest you play this server, and on this side." We find that that grabs about 10% of everybody that sees it. We are talking about things like, you don't want to play on that side. What if we gave you a XP bonus? What if we give you a combat bonus? What if we give you an item? We run the whole gambit from when you start, before you ever enter the game, directing you, coercing you, cajoling you, getting you into the game. Then when you are in the game, there are other things that we do there to help balance you out. Scenarios in and of themselves demand balance, and because they play such an important part of zone capture, while again you can't capture a zone just by Scenarios, they play a large part in them. I can go on and on, we have a list of about 14 different things we are doing just to help with population balance. Which is about twice as many as Camelot is able to do.

So basicly, they are planning on making a guide to all the newcomers before they pick sides. They should have done that in daoc from the start. They should have made a popup for the people that picked Albion saying:" You are gonna regret that!"

Gryni

Loyal Freddie
So basicly, they are planning on making a guide to all the newcomers before they pick sides. They should have done that in daoc from the start. They should have made a popup for the people that picked Albion saying:" You are gonna regret that!"

Hope i get this " You are gonna regret that!" popup next time someone invites me to a group Mastade is in :wij:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom