Pick your brains re: pbaoe spiritmasters

T

Turamber

99.9% of casters complain that RvR is pretty much pants for them these days ... But, I was wondering, how do pbaoe spec spiritmasters do in RvR now?

I'm rolling a character in the US and I need some advice. Thanks in anticipation :)

K

kjel

Hmmm, if you get yourself a set group (see Midget Mafia or Bad Omen (Jag's group, not Blej's)) then you can go ahead and get detonate your way to hordes of rps. If you don't get a set group, then don't bother, go dark.

Blowing up infils who try to PA me is still fun with pbae though.

T

thegreatest

Speaking as an alb, since spiritmaster pets intercept attacks for their masters, they are uber...Ive tried to hit a spiritmaster in emain, his pet intercepted my attacks 3x in a row, while the sm pbaoe'd me to death :(

C

cerbie

Its great fun, I was capped from BG before I even was able to go there, but you die very quickly.

Alone its quite difficult, esspecially when there is a zerg, but that is the same for every character I think.

In 1 vs 1 (even 3) you win, also with stealthers (great fun).

I didn't waited for MOC (because indeed the spirit intercepts so you can cast) but took purge and saving for mcl2 now.

I am still trying out what my possiblities are so will let you know after I had some more experience :D

T

Turamber

Thanks for your replies :)

What would you recommend in terms of realm abilities? I take it Mastery of Concentration is a must have, but what about Purge? Is spiritmaster demez needed much in RvR?

K

kjel

SM RA's (don't screw up RA respecs like me!)

Aug Acuity 3
MoC
Purge
MotA 2 (3 just isn't worth it)
MoM <LOTS>
WP <LOTS>

and that's about it, would be best if someone found out which RA's Booom, Miracle, or Valle have.

C

cerbie

Purge is really needed, you get mezzed quite fast and then you are out, not many hits needed to take you down.

I don't have sc armour so maybe its harder when you have that.

But anyway the damage you do with the staff isn't worth trying, in my opinion.

And a healer can do cleanse mind but that takes a few seconds which is enough to die :(

A

afrodite_mid

I was Darkness, respecced to pbae when the spiritmasters got that. It sucked without a healer by your side , respecced to Darkness again! :(

T

Turamber

Sorry to bump an ageing thread :p

Played my brand new spiritmaster last night on Merlin (US server), was a lot of fun :) I especially enjoyed PBAOE'ing to death the infiltrator who tried to PA me ... spirit pets 4 teh win (or whatever the expression is) ;)

I can see why people have reservations about PBAOE though - when the enemy are mezzed (and one can not see with /effects self) running into them and PBAOE'ing solo isn't the cleverest thing to do :eek:

Question about Spirit Purge ... does it act like the realm ability Purge? ie. does it work on the spiritmaster when he is mezzed himself? I would think that is highly unlikely but I have to ask :)

K

klavrynd

if you want to believe albs you dont need to spec because the uber intercepting pet does all the work

T

Turamber

Caster in surviveability shocker!! Nerf!! After all isn't this Dark Age of Tankalot? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread