physical therapy

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well, the doctors tell me there's 12 physical therapy sessions for me to organize for myself to aid my recovery from a broken leg.

now, as I've never had a day of therapy in my life I was hoping you lot would have some pointers for me in aid of recognizing a decent therapist from a freak who wants to fee meh up oO I know that things like a pleasent, clean office and tidy work area are certainly a boon heh, but what else?

I've never had physical therapy before, but I guess it's a bit like warming up and stretching at the gym? stuff like that? if anyone's got any pointers at all I'd like to hear them :)

-cheers :)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Hi TdC,

I'm not sure I can be any help, if you were in this country then this would all be on the NHS and part of the treatment you'd already had.

You must have a GP though? I guess he must know names of people to recommend.

One thing though, expect it to hurt! Oh yes, it'll hurt, especially if they do it right.

RB

TdC

hurt? :eek:

it's not the same over here RB mate: I can choose my own therapist and do more or less whatever I like, and the insurance pays for it. I just want one close by, so I can get to them and home quickly.

hurt? :eek7:

Tilda

TdC, I think the whole idea is to re-strech/condition the muscles so they return to their pre-break status. And thus as they'll probably have atrophy'd to some extent, it'll hurt getting them back into shape.
Its similar iirc to gymn streches, but, if you can, ask your physio to write down how to do the streches. Then you can do them at home too, which increases the benefit you get from sessions as you can notonly progress in the sessions, but you'll also make progress inbetween sessions.

I'd second Tom's idea of asking a Dr to recommend someone. Or perhaps call a hospital and talk to a bone consultant who deals with your type of injury and see who he knows or can recomment?

Tild

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Finally you are getting therapy for your slow mind

(edit...oh just read the thread :()

Chilly

Balls of steel
you will almost certainly be given excecises to do at home, do them! you wont get better unless you do the silly squats and stair-aerobics and stuff he tells you to do :D

When I had physio for my knee some of the stuff I had to do was quite fun. Had to find a football and balance on it for as long as I could on my duff knee to help it get strong and improve my balance on it and stuff.

TdC

ooh arr than kind of stuff eh? hey I can do that :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"Therapy" hmm?

"Stretching" HMM?

I thought you had a missus to do that :D

*runs*

TdC

*brandish club*

:)

TdC

cheers. I hear it's going to hurt. so be it. I'd rather hurt for a while than limp for the rest of my life tbh :(

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Now, if only you could get a nice swedish nurse to administer the therapy..... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom