phpbb2+easymod=nnnnnggg!!!!!

Chilly

Balls of steel
Right - iv tried getting help on the official phpbb2 and easymod forums respectively to no avail - its full of more whining 12 y olds than the daoc section.

I get this error when I try and install the mod (self isntall php script)
Code:
Step 2 (of 5): EasyMOD is now confirming your file access settings.

Testing selected write method
Testing FTP access...
Trying to connect to localhost:21 ...
220 ProFTPD 1.2.8 Server (Web Mania) [server12.web-mania.com]
Connected to remote host "localhost:21"
> USER #######
331 Password required for #######.
> PASS ********
230 User ####### logged in.
Authentication succeeded
1) Logged in successfully
> PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
PWD: /
> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (127,0,0,1,155,29).
> NLST
Trying to 127.0.0.1:39709 ...
Error : Cannot open data connection to 127.0.0.1:39709
Error : Connection timed out (110)
Error : Cannot connect to remote host
Error : NLST command failed
Dir listing: (1 files being listed)
[]
> CWD phpbb2/admin/mods/easymod
421 No Transfer Timeout (300 seconds): closing control connection.
Error : CWD command failed

FTP ERROR: could not cd to phpbb2
You successfully logged into the server, but could not change direcory (CD) to the easymod directory. The following is recommended:

1. Are you sure you entered the correct path? Below is a directory listing of the files in the FTP root directory. The FTP root directory is simply the starting point when you connect. The path to the phpBB2 installation should begin with one of the directory names listed below.
   2. Directory names are case sensitive. Be sure the easymod directory is all lowercase.
   3. In some *very rare* cases it's possible that you are not connecting to the proper FTP Server. Try specifying the hostname in the FTP Server field.
   4. Some servers have issues with the passive mode that EasyMOD attempts to use by default. If you have the PHP FTP extension loaded, then enable that option in step 1. 

FTP root directory:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/[username]/phpbb2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_ftp.php on line 827
Apparently im specifying the wrong path to my phpbb2 install.

The actual dir heirachy is
Code:
www.dolmo.co.uk/phpbb2

and from the FTP
Code:
www.dolmo.co.uk/
is root. I cannot go higher. So when it asks me for path from / to phpbb2 I enter phpbb2 - but it kicks up that error screen.

Help :(

I have tried all sorts of combinations of /phpbb2/ phpbb2/ /phpbb2 etc all with the same result.

The ftp credentials are 100% correct cut and pasted into ftp client and works there, althoughthe problem isnt authing.

Cheers,

Chilly

Chilly

Balls of steel
Sorry, cant edit anymore timer expired.

I connect to the FTP for my website with a client using passive ftp, so its not that that is screwing it around.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
connect with an ftp client, log in and type ls. you may well see that there is a different dir you have to cd to before you can cd to your board's directory.

as far as I can tell, you're running a script on the server that ftp's to the server via the local interface. though I don't know why a script would want to do this I suppose it's ok.

Scutter

Fledgling Freddie
this might be a clue

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/[username]/phpbb2/admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_ftp.php on line 827

With some vBulletin mods when you specify the path you have to specify the server path so something like /home/www/[username]/phpbb2/

Chilly

Balls of steel
il give that a bash tdc - my gui ftp just dumps me straight into the / directory with all default settings tho.

Scutter - vbulletin and phpbb2 are not the same :p I have tried that path as well and its still fubar - its something to do witht he firewall or somesuch, the tech monkies at my host are looking into it

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
stupid question, why on earth do you want to use easymod, last i checked it was well unstable and there are plenty of phpBB2 installs that are pre-modded?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Code:
ftp> ls
227 Entering Passive Mode (193,22,244,29,225,57).
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
-rw-r--r--   1 dolmoTHPr biz12    55383422 Feb  7 01:07 -C
drwxr-xr-x   2 dolmoTHPr biz12        4096 Jan 15 15:12 cgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x  10 dolmoTHPr biz12        4096 Jan 15 18:34 cpg
drwxr-xr-x   2 dolmoTHPr biz12        4096 Feb 16 12:53 files
-rw-r--r--   1 dolmoTHPr biz12         906 Feb  7 00:43 index.html
drwxr-xr-x  12 dolmoTHPr biz12        4096 Feb 14 23:41 phpbb2
drwxr-xr-x   5 dolmoTHPr biz12        4096 Jan 23 03:06 phpsys
-rw-r--r--   1 dolmoTHPr biz12       17408 Feb  7 00:43 primefarm.xls
drwxrwxrwx   2 dolmoTHPr biz12        4096 Jan 15 17:38 upload
226 Transfer complete.

thats ls from my linux box's ftp as you cna see a path of phpbb2 from / would indeed point to the correct location.

Chilly

Balls of steel
MYstIC G said:
stupid question, why on earth do you want to use easymod, last i checked it was well unstable and there are plenty of phpBB2 installs that are pre-modded?
because im too lazy to apply the mods manually and there are mods for which easymod works perfectly.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Scutter said:
With some vBulletin mods when you specify the path you have to specify the server path so something like /home/www/[username]//phpbb2/
sorry :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom