phpbb 2 themes

M

Maljonic

Can someone tell me how to change the default theme? I've downloaded 5 themes for my site; and they all work via my profile, but I want to change the default theme so everyone is one of the new ones unless they change it back...

J

Jonty

Hi Maljonic

Try logging into the admin area of your forum, and clicking "Configuration" under "General Admin" in the left-hand frame. Then in the new right-hand page, find the "Default Style" option under "General Board Settings" at the top, and set accordingly.

Kind Regards

M

Maljonic

It's not quite the same as they did it on bw though... To make it change for everyone I have to tick the box that overrides their choice of theme, otherwise it doesn't change for them; but this means they don't have the option to change back. Is there another way to do; like they did here when it all went black, and some of us changed it back to green?

M

Maljonic

sounds a bit complicated; I know nothing of such things, help me with this mySQL you speak of :)

M

MYstIC G

I never said I was any good at mySQL, you need to alter the values that relate to the users default theme choice. I'd try the forums on phpBB.com

W

wyrd_fish

MySQL (not mySQL) is easy...

all you need is either shell access or a program such as PHPMyADMIN...

M

Maljonic

Originally posted by wyrd_fish
MySQL (not mySQL) is easy...

all you need is either shell access or a program such as PHPMyADMIN...
I don't live anywhere near the beach and the second one looks complicated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom