Advice Photo to Canvas

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
So I took a really nice pic of my parents cat the other day and Mum loves it, so for Xmas I thought about getting a nice canvas print for her.

Now i've done the usual google search and there seems to be a whole host of places offering the service with varying prices. Just wondering if FH has any advice? Anyone had one done online etc and can recommend?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I've used Photobox a lot for normal prints but never a canvas. The service and printing quality is good.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Pic attached, its only a camera phone picture so its not great quality, id like to rotate it slightly clockwise to straighten it up and then cut some of the stuff away from the top.

Compared to some of the photos you smart arses take I know its very amateur but my mum absolutely loves it and its always fucking impossible to find her something for xmas ;)

If anyone want to tamper with it and be clever feel free.

Attachments

• 2011-09-12 11.42.40.jpg
    2011-09-12 11.42.40.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 17

Clown

Part of the furniture
Are you set on a canvas? They tend to be large. A smaller print + frame might be okay but I don't know too much about how phone camera pictures come out on print.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I think you might have a problem if its only camera quality, as when they blow it up to canvas size you will lose alot of quality.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's going to look horrible on canvas as it's a low res shot. Quite shaky too, go with Clown's advise and just get a small print made.

Maybe print it out at home on a few different sizes to see how it scales?

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Cheers guys, will have a look at some smaller prints.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why not see what magic some of the freddys can do to it with photoshop?

Clown

Part of the furniture
Dunno man. Just made it a tiny bit less washed out and cut off some of the top (4x5 now).

2011-09-12 11.42.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom