Help Phone unlocking

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
hi

Anyone know about unlocking an iphone and if any of these services on the net are legit?

My company let me keep my phone after its contract expires but wont allow it to be unlocked from vodafone.

Guy at voda said, not officially, nod nod wink wink. That some websites can do it. I paid one but think i may have been taken for a ride on it and dont trust they will follow through. So if they do its a bonus. If they dont i want a backup plan.

Anyone done this with good results?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
If your contract has run its course and you've paid off your handset, then iirc you have a legal right to get the phone unlocked. Ask Vodafone to tell you in writing exactly why they won't unlock your phone and then contact Ofcom.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I just called Vodafone and gave them the IMEI number, and as @Access Denied says, they have to unlock it if you own the phone and it’s run it’s term

Edmond

Also my work mobile is through BT and they don’t lock their phone at all

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
If your contract has run its course and you've paid off your handset, then iirc you have a legal right to get the phone unlocked. Ask Vodafone to tell you in writing exactly why they won't unlock your phone and then contact Ofcom.
The contract they have with my company apparently prevents them from doing it.

Edmond

Off to the shopping mall mobile phone shop it is then. The ones that sell all the covers & cases.

I know a guy, but you’ve moved a bit too far away from me now.

Takes about a week if they do it and will cost around £30

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I'm calling bullshit on that to be honest. I think either the person you spoke to hasn't got a clue what they're doing or Vodafone are being a big ol' bag of dicks. Ring them again, remind them that you have a legal right to have your phone unlocked, a legal right which supercedes any made up contract stipulations with Apple and tell them that if they don't comply you'll be going to Ofcom. Then complain on their Facebook and Twitter pages.

Edit: Wait, you said the contract they have with your company. Is it a company phone, that they've let you keep? If so it will be the company, as the entity the original contract was taken out by, whoi will have to contact Vodafone and get the handset unlocked.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm calling bullshit on that to be honest. I think either the person you spoke to hasn't got a clue what they're doing or Vodafone are being a big ol' bag of dicks. Ring them again, remind them that you have a legal right to have your phone unlocked, a legal right which supercedes any made up contract stipulations with Apple and tell them that if they don't comply you'll be going to Ofcom. Then complain on their Facebook and Twitter pages.

Edit: Wait, you said the contract they have with your company. Is it a company phone, that they've let you keep? If so it will be the company, as the entity the original contract was taken out by, whoi will have to contact Vodafone and get the handset unlocked.
Yeah the second option. I would have to come up with a business case for Oracle to let me unlock the phone.

He said most phones are unlockable. oracle is an exception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom