Phone disconnecting teh web? oO

Afran

Part of the furniture
Ever since yesterday, every time the phone rings, the internet disconnects. well, not exactly; the phone ringing doesn't disconnect the internet, but answering the phone does, and even then, the phone doesn't *work*, can't hear anything.

We've had the same setup for 3 years and never had the problem before, it's a wired connection. Also have sky.

Wtf could this be? xD

Ormorof

FH is my second home
could be the box in the wall is bust, had similar problem a few years ago but opposite, the connection would die and only calling the house phone and answering would re-connect it! that was with BT though (was a rotten wire or something in the end)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Once upon time my brother had a problem like this. It was because his internet was connected to the "main" phonejack(spelling? meaning? i mean the thing in the wall where you put in your phone!) in the wall. But if it has become like that recently i have no idea what it could be

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ADSL i assume?

try changing the filter

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have had this too before when the filter was removed so would be a good place to start as suggested

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Sky broadband sux! Do`nt even try ringing the fools in random call centres around the world to guess off their prompt sheet what the soloution is!

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah their system is like;

"Is the computer plugged in"
Yes/No

etc
etc

-

Either your microfilter has come loose/broke, if both look ok then probably give ISP a call an ask them to perform a line test, most of the time they'll do something called a Kill Session which can detect and clear crap causing interferance on the line, 99% they'll say it's your microfilter though. I'm guilty of being a victim of BT outsourcing for business customers... shudder...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
and whats wrong with such a system exactly?

the only proper way to diagnose a problem is to use a step by step method.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Argh, it was the filters in the box. Apparantley we had a sky engineer come to look at the sky box (it hasn't been working, still isn't :p) and he messed around with the connections. Didn't know someone had been round or I'd of looked myself ;<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom