Phone contracts?

Gray

FH is my second home
I, personally have never had a contract handset. In a few months i hopefully with get my contract with o2 meaning i can get 50% off all tariff charges etc, which is all good, altho, since i work at o2, i know many of the problems which can occur.

And, since i know how to maintain the o2 contracts, if i see a problem, then i may be able to sort it out before anything happens, but i was wondering what other companies would be available and cheap...

PS - I dont wanna go thru Phones4u, theyre the bane of my existence at o2 with all the fuckups they make, im generally weary of going with any third-party really.

My dads finished his o2 contract and gone over to "3", he says he gets loooads of minutes which would be useful, i rarely use my phone, but the people i speak to are on other networks - meaning really big call-charges on Pay as you Go (o2).

Anyone know what Voda is like? Are they cheap? Id probably be looking for a SIM Only offer if possible, as i can get handsets all the time if i want too, but your ideas are important after all... ;)

:p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
In my experience T-Mobile tend to be the cheapest for cross network calls. I personally went on Orange because the value promise they have means I can whore any contract from any network if I get pissed off with the orange ones.

My only advice would be if you're not sure about whether you're gonna be able to control the size of your bills to make sure you go on a network that will cap your max bill size.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You work for 02, you obviously will get some kind of discount and price plans that are better than the public are offered. Its really not even worth asking about.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ch3tan said:
You work for 02, you obviously will get some kind of discount and price plans that are better than the public are offered. Its really not even worth asking about.

Do ppl still charge for x-network minutes? Blimey, what a ripoff.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I've just left O2 for Orange. God awful customer service at O2, rising bills at O2 and my general dislike of BT forced me into this decision.

Orange seems to be alot more user friendly.

7 FUCKING EMAILS I SENT TO O2 ASKING FOR MY LOGIN INFO!! :eek:

Gray

FH is my second home
Noob, should have asked me, i would have reset it :/

We dont get discounts until we work for o2, as it stands, you work for agency for about a year then get put into o2... then you get 50% off.

But ya Tom... X-Net rates come in at anything upto 45p p/min during peak times :/

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
And cross network calling isn't likely to get any cheaper for the time being as each network is out to ream the opposition as heavily as they can... After all if you're on voda and all your mates are too you'll be less inclined to move to Orange with the offer of a flash new phone if it's going to cost you five times more per minute.

We had a simple solution, five of us moved to Orange at once, haven't looked back. Customer service, coverage and network services is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. Their 3g data service rawks too :D

OfCom have stepped in a couple of times but can't do much until bt drop their mobile calling rates. Something they've agreed won't be revised until Q4 2005. :/

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I presume this x-network calls thing is because you're on either cheap tariffs, or payg? I haven't paid a x-network charge since about 1996.

Tilda

Orange is nice, i prefer Virgin though. They're all so much nicer :D
I had to move to Orange as my phone couldnt take an orange sim.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
I presume this x-network calls thing is because you're on either cheap tariffs, or payg? I haven't paid a x-network charge since about 1996.

A bit strange, cross-network minutes weren't introduced until 2000 with the arrival of tarrifs such as 'Max' from Cellnet... how did you manage that?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Tom it's clearly because you dont actually call anyone.

Call charges to other networks are always higher, I have seen some business price plans that have some cheaper ones, but the monthly charge is ridiculous.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
heh, you wouldn't believe how many pages my phone bill runs into :) Although I'm on 3, so the bill is never more than £30 :D

XAv, I guess my memory isn't what I thought, but I certainly haven't paid a x-network charge in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom