<<< Pettition >>> Read !!!

O

old.Arthwyr

I would like to hold a pettition to present to GOA regarding the patching of the servers. In the US they are already talking about V1.51 while we in Europe are still waiting for 1.48. meaning 1.49, 1.50 still have to come. If every patch has a 3 month delay on they US the distance between us and them will get bigger every patch. All of this because of slow translations into non engish languages while the english patches are almost ready to go since they are no different from the ones running on the US servers.
The online gaming world is an English community, on every singel online gaming server people accept english to be the going language but DAOC is differen it provides French and German people with their own language servers, hence the slow patching (translating)

Lets ask ourselves who gets punished here ? The people who choose to play on their own language server surely don't, they enjoy a game in their own language and should therefore accept the slower patching, give some, take some. The English, well they are unlucky this time too, a server is in their language, nice but the patching is slow for reasons stated above, bummer. But think of all the Dutch, The swedes, Belgian, Danish, Eastern European players who are currently playing on the English servers, not only do they not get a server in their own language, they also have to swallow the rediculously slow patching pill and get no advantage in return. Sollution should be simple, Keep the patches of the English servers at the same pace as the american ones. Then people can choose ... play in your own language OR play on the English server (as in any other game) and enjoy the same gameversion as in the US. Right now GOA is loosing players, what do you think keeps em playing ? Their own language or a frequenly rejuvinated and refreshing game ...

This pettition is for the English servers to be ketp at same game version as the Us version, if you agree plz reply to this post with your primary character name, server and realm. Also mention That you want to have the same version on the English as on the Us version.

Thx

Arthwyr Pendragon
GM Exiled
LvL 50 Paladin
Albion / Exalibur

O

old.Arthwyr

I would like to see the English servers to run under the same game version as the US ones.

Arthwyr Pendragon
Excalibur / Albion
LvL 50 Paladin

S

Sharp Thing

i sign:
Sharpschutze - albion - excalibur
and yes i would want the EU server to be at the same patch as the US servers are. if not il buy a US account (hope threatening was allowd ;) )

S

SFXman

This... will get us nowhere :(
At least make a real petition at that petition site, which I don't know the URL of :rolleyes:

E

Eblessair

Just wait until 1.48 is out of the way
im sure the other patches wont take as long as this one has.

B

bob007

Sign

Bobiskey Boboskov lvl 4X cleric to The Royal Guard on excal

T

tilde

Originally posted by Eblessair
Just wait until 1.48 is out of the way
im sure the other patches wont take as long as this one has.

Yep, lets pray beacuse 1.45->1.48 had nothing big really.

1.45 -> 1.48 = small fixes
1.48 -> 1.49 = DF
1.49 -> 1.50 = RA

Hmm, raise the pace GOA and u'll hopefully stay out of bankruptness :m00:

O

old.bigfredi

I sign

I sign too.
Only one thing:
GOA, if you dont know how to translate a daoc patch, ask to www.daoc.it, cos they currently have 1.49 running in his 1600 max players server, so or they are really a translaters company, or you are treating us like stupids, and this will bring us to go away from these no sense servers

Language:
US servers ->english
EU servers ->english
Update:
US servers ->Every month
EU servers ->Every 3 months and with a lag of 1 plus month from US version
Cost:
Not a great difference (almost in US thay see you as a costumer, not as a stupid payer thing)
Connection:
What to say, no great ping differences in a game like this.
And about lag .... more than in GOA servers, it's difficult.
And what about that great all LD times? oh, that's great, see how that hard to obtain ball, goes off, by the great ocurrence of doing a something in the GOA network, and of course, no excuses in the main page.
Costumer Support:
US: online
EU: I think GOA doesn't know what appeal command is for ...
Information:
US: I think everyone has visited www.camelotherald.com
EU: Well, they try to remember to inform us every friday, and sometimes, even they forget it. Of course they have nothing more to say that how hard is to translate a patch (I don't want to remember it, but www.daoc.it, and remember english version doesn't need any translation)

So I think these servers are useless, but anyway, my friends are playing here, and I have payed it, so please fix this humiliating behavior with your costumers, or in 2 months, I think it will be enough with french and german servers.

Fea
(LVL 42 Druid Hibernia/Excalibur)
Tuatha de Mag Mor GM

D

DeSlisser

Signed

Amra - Prydwen - Albion

English speaking dutchie

C

cjkace

Don't usually like petitions but have to agree with this one.

The latest patch 1.51J is still amending magic users, which hopefully means that melee is next BUT the problem is that GOA will probably just go to 1.50, as 1.51 won't be finished in time for them to start translating.

This means (going on current form) that the melee 'fix' will be between 5 and 6 months away, and I'm sorry but I'm not paying anyone £36 to 'repair' what shouldn't have been broken in the first place.

I bought this game so I could play a role, that of Blademaster. I don't want to be a l33t player, uber RP farmer or even the best damage dealer, but I'd like a chance to be what my class is supposed to be, a Master of Blades. Unfortunately at the moment all I am master of is Welcome Mat.

O

old.Whut

If they want to survive, they are going to have to do this, and good point about the Italian translation. Sooooo:

*signed*

C

cantho

Signed ...

Cantho
Lvl2X Sorcerer, Already 25 seasons of mezzing at your service

Canthos
Lvl12 Mercenary, Hey whats that, he's dualwielding hammers ?

O

old.Iskander

Read & approved (although it will do little good)

Iskander Dymas

M

matax

Whether it will work - this has been said thousands of times before, but ....

signed

:)

T

Trahg

Well i hate lag. The fact that i won't see my insta-mezz until christmas (if we're lucky) enervates me. The current patch-lag is like 23716800000 ms or something :rolleyes:

:sleeping: :m00:

Good point about italian version and about other european ppl that can't play on their language but gotta wait for a translation anyway.

If this wont work (and it prolly wont), I might end up playing on Merlin, Gawaine or another server instead soon.
*sighs*
*signed*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom