Pets.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What is the best pets to get for a sorcerer, when it comes to: Healing, Damage dealing tank, damage dealing caster, best utility, best ml9 pet.

I was thinking 2h isolasionist armsman for tanking, or a raveclan giant. Comments?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
ML9 templars, especially fully buffed will happily two-shot people.

Stun chickens are also brilliant, especially against warcocks.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone will say Templar because it's good - but it's not that much better than some other type of pet and there are only ever two yellows at most and it's a bit of a run to get one and then it'll die in Crauch or Bled trying to reach you if you take a boat anywhere :(

(Sorry bit of a nerve because of the you have Sorcs and Templars so ofc we should have Warlocks arguments).

I've found Iso Mercs very good in the past, also the Sidhe things whose name I can't spell properly - when ML9 their proc is evil but they are bug abusers and have a tendency to cast through walls even when I ask them to stop ;)

Bad pets = anything with large model, eg Ravenclan, Worms etc because no bloody way to get a mezz off with it running behind you.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Javai said:
Everyone will say Templar because it's good - but it's not that much better than some other type of pet and there are only ever two yellows at most and it's a bit of a run to get one and then it'll die in Crauch or Bled trying to reach you if you take a boat anywhere :(

(Sorry bit of a nerve because of the you have Sorcs and Templars so ofc we should have Warlocks arguments).

I've found Iso Mercs very good in the past, also the Sidhe things whose name I can't spell properly - when ML9 their proc is evil but they are bug abusers and have a tendency to cast through walls even when I ask them to stop ;)

Bad pets = anything with large model, eg Ravenclan, Worms etc because no bloody way to get a mezz off with it running behind you.

Good point. You tried ml9 a frost giant,, bit smaller version of glacier giant, must be huuuge.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sorcerers doing ML9 on yellow pets is kind of sick, honestly, "real" pet casters (Enchanter/Cabalist/SM) have to make do with their L44 pets, whereas Mentalists don't have access to Convoker. :(

Having said that, I have heard that Sorcerers can ML9 a pet, release it, and then have someone else charm the pet and ML9. For each ML9 invocation, the pet will double in size (its level will only increase once, though), soon resulting in a glacier giant-sized beast to have at your side. Unfortunately, I can't access the screenshots of an multi-ML9ed forest giant made by some people in my Alb/Excalibur guild, or I'd post it here. :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Sorcerers doing ML9 on yellow pets is kind of sick, honestly, "real" pet casters (Enchanter/Cabalist/SM) have to make do with their L44 pets, whereas Mentalists don't have access to Convoker.

Having said that, I have heard that Sorcerers can ML9 a pet, release it, and then have someone else charm the pet and ML9. For each ML9 invocation, the pet will double in size (its level will only increase once, though), soon resulting in a glacier giant-sized beast to have at your side. Unfortunately, I can't access the screenshots of an multi-ML9ed forest giant made by some people in my Alb/Excalibur guild, or I'd post it here.

Many of the giant sized mobs actually shrink when ML9'd a ravenclan giant turns into size of a brittle guard, almost worth it because noone's gonna notice them chewing on their ankles til it's too late :)

I may be wrong here but don't mentalists have a pulsing charm like minstrels? In which case it would be a bit of a problem if you couldn't be sure the ML9 pet wasn't gonna turn around and start beating on your own group :) As it is I had a bad experience when I died while in control of a ML9 fully buffed Einhornig - wasn't pretty when it got aoe'd by Albs :(

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Sorcerers doing ML9 on yellow pets is kind of sick, honestly, "real" pet casters (Enchanter/Cabalist/SM) have to make do with their L44 pets, whereas Mentalists don't have access to Convoker. :(

Having said that, I have heard that Sorcerers can ML9 a pet, release it, and then have someone else charm the pet and ML9. For each ML9 invocation, the pet will double in size (its level will only increase once, though), soon resulting in a glacier giant-sized beast to have at your side. Unfortunately, I can't access the screenshots of an multi-ML9ed forest giant made by some people in my Alb/Excalibur guild, or I'd post it here. :)
Haha, should try that sometime.. :)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
the cockatrices by alb poc are excellent - only low level 42-45, but when fully buffed and ml9'd they are mean. These also proc a stun (which is being nerfed next patch). They are tiny as well - so tend to get ignored - just stay oout of mezz range, circle round and ml9 one on their healers/casters ;)

Tilda

Most mobs i've tried double-ML9'ing go up in size with the first ML9, and go to brittle guard size with the 2nd one.
I'm not sure the damage goes up with the 2nd one either, although havent tested.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Tilda said:
Most mobs i've tried double-ML9'ing go up in size with the first ML9, and go to brittle guard size with the 2nd one.
I'm not sure the damage goes up with the 2nd one either, although havent tested.

Im getting ml9 this sunday, so i´ll give it a try. Need a skill respec stone thou, am body spec.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
those lvl 50 Elyll guards.

runs @Uber speed and hits harder than templars :flame:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
If you talking PvE however... there is only 1 real choice. Which is stupidly good for pl-ing or farming... yup a Schorcher...

ML9 buffbotted Schorcher can probably solo his way up to sidi entrance for u, aoeing all the stupid bastards that decide to hit him on the way. Or just find a huge grp of purp undead and set him in there. All your SI artis or leechs lvl in minutes lol

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hmmm such serious talk, no-one comments on de KILLA GUINEA'S!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom