Pets seeing through stealth

K

kan-

i love the pets seeing stealther bug :p

i do have a necro tho soooo

S

slayersamelia

Ok, so I am an enchanter (Got both a mana and light chanter). I have only gotten as far as BG1, and I have used my spell pet to kill off stealthers.

What I want to know is why that would be wrong? I used powers of my class to kill someone - no different to blasting them with a spell imho. Try telling a hero not to use his sword, or a cleric not to cast his healing spells!

Frankly if I am lucky enough to do it then why the heck not - it's not like I have ever survived a single hit from a stealther. You kill me 100% of the time if you attack me, I kill you 30% of the time if i'm lucky and you attack someone else near me - it just depends on whether you are daft enough to wander near enough. Pets don't always win - a lot of people run back to their lines and the pet gets mopped up by tanks etc.

Personally, I think the reason stealthers die to pets so much is the fact they always *just* run away. I don't know about other spell casters, but the thought of running after our pet seems a bit dodgy - seeing as our life expectancy is quite small on our own. So stealthers, why don't you run a bit then just stand and fight? Ten chances to one the pet is blue/green/grey to you anyway.

I hope they don't change this, simply because it gives the pet classes (who tend to have slightly inferior blasty spells compared to eldritch/wizard types) a chance to beat things. It isn't guaranteed, but it is a chance.

K

keludm

Heh - BW is a hoot.

Ask a question and it turns into an argument :)

So its not getting fixed then?

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by keludm
So its not getting fixed then?
"Fixed" implies that it's broken.
It's not. I agree with the view (and I have played an Infil in RvR) that stealther classes get off FAR too lightly with their ability to restealth when being chased.

Hell, I killed a level 40ish warrior in Yggdra, right under the nose of a Level 50 Hunter when I was Level 43 (ok, he was fighting a yeti thing and I PA'd him while standing in the mob :D ) I then turned and ran (I had see hidden, so knew where the hunter was) I took an arrow in the back, and got out of range for the second. He sprinted (used a speed ability?) after me, and I stealthed not 2 meters ahead of him, broke to the side and got away. That's bullshit. I should have been skewerred by his spear.

BTW. I think the "bug" is that Mythic call it STEALTH, when it should be called INVISIBILITY.

-G

M

Meatballs

Pets should follow through stealth, but pets should have a limited range on how far they can chase. When you run from MMG -> APK and pet is still coming its a bit naff (and thats for nonstealthers too).

Should really kill it ;)

K

kataklysm

A pet owner who lets there pet chase a stealther .. or any other player for miles is highly likely a dead pet owner as they are without defence ! So there is no way this is an unfair position , it seems to me very fair.

Pet classes in general have NO defence against well equiped stealth class who attacks them . After all a pet is no pet when the owner has kissed the carpet . That really does enter into the sphere of unfair. Everyone should be able to defend against other class attacks at least to be able to engage in a fight in the first place !

If pet owners are prepared to take that risk with marauding pets then its cool. You just need to get a group buddy to go to the pet owners location and she/he will he undefended. No problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom