Pets have TS?

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Just wanna know if someone knows if chanterpets got TS? Saw some really weird stuff outside Beno this evening, my friend (a SB) was standing pretty far away from the keep and the hibbies when all of a sudden a chanter ran straight at him and sent his pet on him. This didn't occur just one time, it happened one more time just minutes after but this time we stood stealthed behind a tree and the pet was sent straight at another SB in stealth.

That has to be a bug since I've never heard of any pets that have TS or SH.

If anyone know about this do explain since it's really sucky to see if someone uses some phreaky cheats to kill assassins in stealth.

:eek7: :( :eek6:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
pets have been known to be bugged for a while so far....if set on aggressive they have a large aggro range.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
pets have been known to be bugged for a while so far....if set on aggressive they have a large aggro range.

Well then, lets hope they get it sorted really fast cause this was really annoying.

Ronin

Fledgling Freddie
I must say ive seen some very bugged pets aswell. I was stading 100m from a fg hibbs, then suddenly a "tree" pet leaves the grop and runs straight at me... Figured it CANT be me so i dint bother... then WHAM... hits no stealth... The fg hibs werent passive so ganked me. Had 2 similar attacks before.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic have said that this is working as intended, iirc

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
Killrake said:
Who have ever bothered tp listen to Aussie, answer NOONE :flame:

Well at least he doesnt have a signature with 17 chars (why dont you put your BG chars too?) :m00: , stupid stealthers with 50 in whine (autotrain) making useless posts :wub:

indeed

Fledgling Freddie
I've never known setting the pet on aggresive to work.

But if you order your pet to attack a stealther before they stealth it will continue to hunt them down and hit them once they stealth.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
Mythic have said that this is working as intended, iirc
I don't think this was intended, I think Mythic mean if the caster taget on stealther, puts pet on him the pet should follow him even if he hides. Not that it's able to aggro them when they are far away.

This never happened to me though :\

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
indeed said:
I've never known setting the pet on aggresive to work.

But if you order your pet to attack a stealther before they stealth it will continue to hunt them down and hit them once they stealth.

Did u read my post at all?

We were stealthed, we were watching a fight between albs and hibs, hibs took care of those albs and we stood on the side pretty far away and watched it all in stealth when all of a sudden this chanter pet charged one of us.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
yes, chanter and druid pets have True Sight. If you put your pet on aggro, it will charge towards stealthers. I didn't want to believe this last time I was in Odin's, but suddenly this lynx ran away and hep, popped a stealther. I was very surprised, although I don't think I'd put my pet on passive just to get some stealthers when I'm in a group (different for soloing though). One reason might be fairness, I mean the poor guys are there to sneak up their targets, another reason is ofc, that it's totally annoying for the bard to have to turn around, just cause some chanter/druid pet popped a stealther and it's even more annoying, if the chanter/druid unsticks to follow his pet, that unleashes my berserker rage :/ What's 100 RP's if you might get jumped by some enemy group just because some unsticked or your had to turn around and focused on pet?

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
I run my SM(s) pets on agro ALL the time. Can't comment on chanter pets.

My pet will only occasionally uncover a stealther and then only if I practically walk over them. My pet never agro's at range, unless I have spoted the stealther unstealthed and managed to click attack before they stealth, then my pet will head right for them and usually uncover them.

If attack has not been pressed, then my pet will not agro at range.

I wonder if pet's agroing at range is nothing more than simple lag. If either pet or stealther lag towards each other, the pet has a chance to uncover them and will then agro.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Mehuge said:
I run my SM(s) pets on agro ALL the time. Can't comment on chanter pets.

My pet will only occasionally uncover a stealther and then only if I practically walk over them. My pet never agro's at range, unless I have spoted the stealther unstealthed and managed to click attack before they stealth, then my pet will head right for them and usually uncover them.
Indeed, chanter pet has the same aggro range in PvE and RvR and in RvR i have to be close enough to spot the stealther myself, then pet is close enough to aggro on him.

The range is really small.

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
Sabu said:
Well at least he doesnt have a signature with 17 chars (why dont you put your BG chars too?) :m00: , stupid stealthers with 50 in whine (autotrain) making useless posts :wub:

U are funny heheh makes me lagh thanks for laugh of the day

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
only druid pet have TS but if u have chanter pet on aggro and u are close to a stealther u can see them for a 1sec or 2 so pet will attack him

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
wasnt there a bug with low lvl druid pets?

If I remember correctly some druid made a thread about this on bw a while back. If you put the pet on aggro it went for stealthers within the aggro range, but I think this only worked with the pet at a certain level (I think it was the level 7 or 12)

indeed

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
my friend (a SB) was standing pretty far away from the keep and the hibbies when all of a sudden a chanter ran straight at him and sent his pet on him.

If you are certain the chanter ran straight at your friend and then set his pet on him it indicates that the chanter was the first to see your friend and nothing to do with the pet aggro range or indeed the pet at all.

Light

Loyal Freddie
seen it happen to myself and others a few times .. mostly been grey con tree pets but also same has happened with SM pet - and were all at range you wouldnt normally expect to be detected.

was told it was a bug with some of the lower level pets to be fixed in next patch .. dunno for sure and cba to look

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
indeed said:
If you are certain the chanter ran straight at your friend and then set his pet on him it indicates that the chanter was the first to see your friend and nothing to do with the pet aggro range or indeed the pet at all.

We were long out of aggro range and whatever range cause we used volley to shoot at the attackers/defenders. Maybe there's a new cheat or something out there then? I'm not blaming anyone for haxxor or cheating just thought it was really really freaky to see what happened. I hope they fix it in 1.65,

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
my friend put his pet (he´s a bd) on aggro at amg, the pets walked near atk and popped a stealther.

But like Keel said "Working as intended" :m00: :m00: :m00:

Lothian Forestheart

Fledgling Freddie
Hmzzzz

We were long out of aggro range and whatever range cause we used volley to shoot at the attackers/defenders. Maybe there's a new cheat or something out there then? I'm not blaming anyone for haxxor or cheating just thought it was really really freaky to see what happened. I hope they fix it in 1.65

You used volley? So you could have hit the chanter? So the pet will agro on you.. Pretty lame to stay out of range too get some rps out of it. But if you can do it it was intended to work that way :d.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think it happend to any of my stealthers in bg areas, but when playing a SM...my pets did once in a while run off to uncover a stealther i didn't see nor select to attack. Have seen a Thuerg pet run from CK to MB to uncover a hunter....and hunter was never unstealthed at any point.

Dunno whats wrong, but must be some kind of lack or leak of information "hitting" the pets.

Xray

Fledgling Freddie
I've frequently seen stealthers pop out of stealth when they are standing on a slope. It's possible that this is what happened to you and the chanter was quick enough to select you and set pet on you, b4 running directly at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom