Pets and XP

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
I've been told that with a cabalist in group the XP is divided between the group and then the Sim takes XP just off the Cabalist. Is this correct or is someone talking crap to me :confused:

WardyWonderland

Fledgling Freddie
Same with all pet classes, the pet only takes XP from the controller of the pet not the group.

Elfslayer

Fledgling Freddie
I beleive the exp will lower if the pet attacks or is commanded to attack, so if a pet is just standing there minding its own business the owner shouldnt lose exp. There is also an ra "Minion Control" that lowers the exp taken by the pet by 3% per lvl.

Stinkie

Fledgling Freddie
A pet will only take XP if it damages the mob and even if it does all the damage only 25% of the XP so if its hitting a grape mob ur more likly looking at around 1% max of the XP as it will hardly ever hit

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Pet takes up to 25% of the controllers Exp..

get the Minion Control RA :D

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Does "Minion Control" do anything else othere than lower the XP taken. If not whats the point in getting it when I hit level 50.

Taco48

Fledgling Freddie
all i can say is GET IT for 40+, get your guild to go out and RvR you some, it made getting from 40-50 Damn fast when u got a good level in it, specially if your spirit speccd like i was, after that its moot i turned it in for Wild Minion, i think thats the name, the pet version of Mastery of Pain, 5% more crits from yer pet!
you will need Aug Acuity II, and WildMinion I to get it first tho. so its easily doable

4pts Aug Acuity, 1pt WM, 1pt MControl - so 1L6 i think 1L9 if you get MCL to tho =P

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, afaik, the pet takes xp potentially from all in the group. From Camelot Herald:

Q: How much exp does a pet take from the owner? From the group?

A: The pet is outside the group, so it takes X% of the monster's xp, and whatever's leftover is split between the groupmates fighting. X is usually from 0-25% of the xp, scaled proportionally to the damage the pet does. If the pet does 0% damage, it takes no xp, if it does full damage it takes its full split (25%). Charmed creatures and druid pets take up to 50% xp, but the odds of a druid pet doing that much damage are pretty low.

Dardamein

Fledgling Freddie
Funny how many different opinions/knowledge there can be really

Talk about "falsifying history".
ALWAYS name your sources (and dont quote me)

Saphri

Fledgling Freddie
If your group ain't doing their jobs, then they will see a small drop in XP. If that happens, tell them to get off their lazy behinds...

Saphri / Asis / Reave / Laeral

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
If anyone has seen any firm testing on group effects I'd love a link - I've yet to find anything solid.

When solo, cabbie, chanter, SM pets take 25% of he xp they would have taken if they were another ungrouped player, necro pets take no xp, and everyone else's pets take 50% of the xp they would have taken if they were another ungrouped plyer.

Sanya has said in a grab bag that it isn't that simple in a group - but neglected to explain how it *does* work.

On Gordonax's quote - I'm pretty sure this got corrected at some point (not least because only certain classes get the 25% limit on xp taken by pet).

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Pets take XP from the whole group almost as if they were another ungrouped player.

As for specific amounts that they take... This is slightly complicated due to damage credit being weighted by level.

e.g. if a level 50 player hits a greencon mob for 50% hp, then a level 30 player takes the other 50%, the level 30 will get crap XP even though he did 50% damage to a purp mob.

Same for pets. If a Minstrel uses a redcon pet to kill mobs, he gets crap exp. Casters with bluecon pets don't lose as much XP to their pets, and a Sorcerer with an equal-level pet would lose 50% if the pet did all damage.

(There are exceptions put on this, like Necro pets, but that's basically how it's done).

ian_heaps said:
Does "Minion Control" do anything else othere than lower the XP taken. If not whats the point in getting it when I hit level 50.
Pets take RPs in exactly the same way that they take XP. If you let your pet kill someone (I frequently have to do this as a Mind Sorcerer with shitty nukes) then you get reduced RPs for the kill. I would expect that Minion Control reduces the amount of RPs the pet takes aswell.

Slightly off-topic: It's these same rules which mean you get crap RPs for a player who has been damaged by PK guards even if you do 99% of the damage to them, etc. Fall damage is counted as if you damaged yourself (an even-con 3rd party doing damage), so taking 99% fall damage, and healing to full, you will be worth 50% RPs... etc, etc, etc...

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
the xp/rp penalty applies to theurgists as well, according to the theurg TL anyway :puke:

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
Pets take RPs in exactly the same way that they take XP. If you let your pet kill someone (I frequently have to do this as a Mind Sorcerer with shitty nukes) then you get reduced RPs for the kill. I would expect that Minion Control reduces the amount of RPs the pet takes aswell.
QUOTE]

Cheers. Not too bothered about how many RPS the pet takes so I'll put my RP's somewhere else :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom