Petition to apply 1.61 now

O

Oddorvard

I will be sending the following to GOA. Please feel free to comment or sign the petition.

The 1.61 patch offers a lot of good changes while making almost no balance changes. These changes include:
  • No cap for high level buffs
  • Mousehweel scrolling in chat buffer and quickbars
  • Reward for BG keep takes when you die if you die close to the keep
  • Dragon changes
  • Summoners in the Summoner's Hall drop realm respec stones
  • Particle effects to more weapons
  • Hib and Alb get Ancestral Secret equivalents
  • Monsters in Caer Sidi, Tuscaran Glacier and Galladoria drop single line respec stones
  • /target (name)
  • Pets auto-attacking rooted monsters is fixed
  • Skald and Shaman damage adds stack correctly
  • New improved (and working) herald/chronicles!!11

There were no balance changes at all in 1.61 that were corrected in 1.62 and I see no reason not to apply 1.61 now (aside from possibly increased total testing time for both patches, although I doubt it).

GOA have already finished translating 1.61.

Therefore I would like to ask by this petition that GOA apply the 1.61 patch immediately instead of waiting for 1.62 to finish.

Edit: Forgot high level buff caps removed - thanks Pin

P

Pin

Originally posted by Oddorvard
Oddorvard Overpowered - 50 zerker - Excalibur

Translation: I am a fotm zerker who wants to have a month playing with 2500hp and 2100weaponskill before they nerf my uber la skillz and teh doublefrost. pwease givf me mah 1.61 luv!

D

Draylor

No thanks, 1.60 will do just fine till 1.62 is ready.

O

old.Hellskor

dunno, but 1.62 doesn't really look like a well recieved patch in the US.

Mids cancel left and right, Albs and Hibs whine about the lack of RvR.

<shrug>

O

old.Gombur Glodson

It's summer, who cares about daoc?

N

-Nxs-

Chronicals will never work again.... just live with it :)

A

Athralmall

I'd rather have 1.61, than wait for GOA to fumble around "translating lots of words" on a patch that to all intents and purposes is still broken (read VN boards - and I'm not talking zerker nerfs).

L

living

Ya you can just as well 4get about PVE in 1.62 unless u solo :] And mess'ing in rvr... good luck :]

K

kinag

Re: Re: Petition to apply 1.61 now

Originally posted by Pin
Translation: I am a fotm zerker who wants to have a month playing with 2500hp and 2100weaponskill before they nerf my uber la skillz and teh doublefrost. pwease givf me mah 1.61 luv!

And another uber player who cant live with dieing in RvR without whining about his killer

A

Archeon

Apparently 1.61 is more or less finished and 1.62 is a large patch to translate. I don't really see the hard in patching to 1.61 if its almost finished. Its not like it'l delay the zerka nerf all you FoTM people are whining about (you can have FoTM classes, why not FoTM whines ;))

F

F.I.V

I played 1.62 and to be honest it didnt seem all that bad, the RvR was a lot more fun and PvE wasnt nearly as broken as people claimed. Seems more like they were finding flaws in every other aspect so that Mythic would patch back to 1.61 so they could save face by not having to say "Patch back to 1.61 so I can be uber again".

Besides, GOA also said:

Just a note that will reassure some of you, we received the "fixed" version of the patch, the one currently used by Mythic in the US servers

As far as I know, Mythic already fixed the PvE problems over there, so we'll get the same version too.

If anything, at least we wouldnt have to suffer with Bard insta-aoe-mezz overpoweredness...who at Mythic thought that insta aoe mezz was a good idea?

A

Archeon

Originally posted by F.I.V
who at Mythic thought that insta aoe mezz was a good idea?

Probably the same guy that thought putting AE mez on a character with the ability to quick-cast was a good idea :)

P

Pin

Re: Re: Re: Petition to apply 1.61 now

Originally posted by kinag
And another uber player who cant live with dieing in RvR without whining about his killer

clever remark... but I don't believe you will a single whine anywhere about any of my characters dieing in RvR to a zerker, but thanks for calling me uber :p

P

Pin

Originally posted by Archeon
Apparently 1.61 is more or less finished and 1.62 is a large patch to translate. I don't really see the hard in patching to 1.61 if its almost finished.

The problem is that before they put a patch out they have to test it, which takes weeks.

If they decide to put 1.61 out, they will spend 2 weeks minimum testing it, which will mean future patches get pushed back 2 weeks more than they otherwise would. Translating a batch of patches, then testing once gets the job done faster.

M

mestoph

Originally posted by Pin
The problem is that before they put a patch out they have to test it, which takes weeks.

If they decide to put 1.61 out, they will spend 2 weeks minimum testing it, which will mean future patches get pushed back 2 weeks more than they otherwise would. Translating a batch of patches, then testing once gets the job done faster.

But why not, test 1.61 while the translation team translates 1.62. Anyhow, it has no game balance issues in 1.61 so testing would only take 1-2 days per server. We could have it by a week on friday.

P

Pin

Originally posted by mestoph
But why not, test 1.61 while the translation team translates 1.62. Anyhow, it has no game balance issues in 1.61 so testing would only take 1-2 days per server. We could have it by a week on friday.

How is removing the stat caps and buff stat caps not a game balance issue?

And if you think they have 1 team of people solely dedicated to testing, and another dedicated to patching, I think you'd be wrong.

I would much rather have 1.62 towards the end of July then have 1.61 at the start of July and 1.62 in mid-August.

T

Tasans

Re: Re: Petition to apply 1.61 now

Originally posted by Pin

50 Iciya LittleSilhouettoOfAMan - Master Reanimator

Said the fotm necro exploiter.
The sarcasm was too good to miss.

P

Pin

Re: Re: Re: Petition to apply 1.61 now

Originally posted by Tasans
Said the fotm necro exploiter.
The sarcasm was too good to miss.

grats. my necro has 0rps. has never been rvr. I never wanted him for exploiting bugs. He's a pure powerlevel and farming bot. But hey... stereotype away.

D

dwindimir

Re: Re: Re: Re: Petition to apply 1.61 now

Originally posted by Pin
grats. my necro has 0rps. has never been rvr. I never wanted him for exploiting bugs. He's a pure powerlevel and farming bot. But hey... stereotype away.

Ignore him, probably a SB anyway :)

M

mestoph

Originally posted by Pin
How is removing the stat caps and buff stat caps not a game balance issue?

And if you think they have 1 team of people solely dedicated to testing, and another dedicated to patching, I think you'd be wrong.

I would much rather have 1.62 towards the end of July then have 1.61 at the start of July and 1.62 in mid-August.

Yeah yeah, i know hoping for 2 teams working in 2 different departments is a little to much to hope for, in a half arsed company like GOA.

As for Game Balance with stat caps, its a fixed part of the code. The GOA team cannot alter that code, its part of the binaries and fixed. GOA's realms of testing, is just double checking the binaries are the real upto date ones, double checking the've translated the right bits of pop-up windows and removing/add role-play related flags like the marriage code.

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Pin

Id rather have 1.61 asap and not ever getting 1.62

The game is *broken* on US servers, the so called "fix" didnt do anything whatsoever.

M

mestoph

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
Id rather have 1.61 asap and not ever getting 1.62

The game is *broken* on US servers, the so called "fix" didnt do anything whatsoever.

Can you provide a link to people saying its not fixed.

Seeing as people are killing the dragons on most servers. Its taking 2-3 hours with 70 ppl, which is a slight increase but then thats not too bad to be honest. With 100 it would be more like 1-1.5 hours.

Sidi has been raided multiple times on Lancelot. And the drop rates have increased, as people have found. Most keylords are dropping 2 items + 50/50 chance a respec stone. Horsemen are 2 itesm + 1-3 respec stones. Trash drops respec stones also just lower chance, usually get 2 stones off trash in the entire dungeon.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
dunno, but 1.62 doesn't really look like a well recieved patch in the US.

Mids cancel left and right, Albs and Hibs whine about the lack of RvR.

<shrug>
problem with that is that mids are just demoralised. Unless midgard actually only had 2 good things which was LA and end regen. 50% of the leavers dont think they have a real chance in RvR anymore and the other 50% quit, because they miss their friends. Atleast I think thats what it is.
I am pretty sure that there wont be so many people leaving here as in usa (percentage). I would rather have .62 and .63 together. As that would hopefully be a mid luv patch :p. So the atmosphere wont have a chance of taking such a dive as its doing in usa (or as the americans are making it look). However goa decided for .61 and .62 to be patched together. So that will be the case :)

O

Ottar

> Unless midgard actually only had 2 good things which
> was LA and end regen.

A slight oversimplification here. 1.62 had direct negative impact on 4 classes out of 12. A rather popular shadowblade class, zerkers, then two classes that were already on endangered species list - supression runies and actively played shamen. Calling it a zerker nerf is not really doing this patch it's justice. Zerkers as a class can be theoretically replaced with savages. It will be harder to replace permasprint for ganksquads, PBT and stealthers.

> 50% of the leavers dont think they have a real chance
> in RvR anymore

Majority of people have no real chance in RvR, regardless of realm. In 1.62 it will just be even harder for Midgard. I've seen SoTL play, I've seen Eclipse and NP. I've seen how MM plays. My hat off to all of them, but from my observation, it takes significantly better teamwork -as it is- to be "uber" in high realmrank RvR with Midgard classes/RA's.

Ottar

S

scarffs

Re: Re: Re: Re: Petition to apply 1.61 now

Originally posted by Pin

Who's stereotyping by calling all zerkers fotm kiddies ?
What you say has a way of biting you in the arse it seems.

Zerkers will get nerfed, period. Be happy if you like it, but perhaps it is time to move on, no ?

S

scarffs

Originally posted by driwen
problem with that is that mids are just demoralised. Unless midgard actually only had 2 good things which was LA and end regen. 50% of the leavers dont think they have a real chance in RvR anymore and the other 50% quit, because they miss their friends. Atleast I think thats what it is.
I am pretty sure that there wont be so many people leaving here as in usa (percentage). I would rather have .62 and .63 together. As that would hopefully be a mid luv patch :p. So the atmosphere wont have a chance of taking such a dive as its doing in usa (or as the americans are making it look). However goa decided for .61 and .62 to be patched together. So that will be the case :)

1.63 is no mid patch... check the 1.63 description on the herald.
THERE WILL BE NO MID PATCH !!!!!

B

Brannor McThife

ahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Petition...

:clap:

:m00:

-G

P

Pin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Petition to apply 1.61 now

Originally posted by scarffs
Who's stereotyping by calling all zerkers fotm kiddies ?
What you say has a way of biting you in the arse it seems.

No, actually I called this particular one a fotm kiddie. Hit 50 within the last couple of weeks, has a surname 'Overpowered'... Hmmmmm

Anyway, this is at least the 4th time this 'petition' has been rehashed on the forums.

My objections to patching to 1.61 are:

1) It would be a change of plan. Changing plans causes issues and delays.
2) The testing required to make each patch takes time. This needlessly delays future patching.
4) I want to have the block/parry fixes, the light tank balances, the archer enhancements, the bolt fixes, the nearsight immunity timer, the cloth salvage fix, the pet class improvements and the Sidi scripting fixes as soon as possible.
3) 1.61 removes stats caps and buff stat caps. This will have a large impact on damage seen. Call it a self-serving argument if you wish, but I would rather not have Zerkers hitting up to 25% harder than they are currently before being tuned back down again.

F

Fafnir

well fotm zerks are not half as bad as the zerg of theurgs i've seen in BG0 the last few days.

Users who are viewing this thread