Pet going thru stealth, Right/Wrong ?

E

edoa

Personally im very frustreted by it since its just impossible to get away form like a cabby pet.

Do peopel want it to be like this??

If NO then why the hell do we accept it.

S

Shaki/Aeis

That is how it should be. All stealthers deserve to suffer and they should be nerfed:)

F

Frubly

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/873.php

Q: Currently pets can see through stealth as long as they are set to attack a player before he stealths, this seems a little unfair. Is this an intended part of the game or a bug?

A: It is an intended part of the game. Now, I realize you make not LIKE the way it works, and as with all things, I take and report feedback to that effect. Just remember that it is not broken, and that your feedback should reflect that you're asking for a change, not a fix. (It does matter – fixes are a higher priority than changes.)

:m00:

E

edoa

sux

still sux :p

Atleast make the fecking pets slower in water

I

Indiana Jones

like many ppl said it before

its a feature untill its gets patched, then its a bug

read the reports of the 3 assasin TL, they all agree pet should lose target when target stealths or at least have a range on it

L

liste

i think its a good idea. gives the caster at least a slim chance against assassins, as some will not attack the caster if there are others nearby, in fear of the pet.

Having ben at both ends of the gun, i say Keep it!

I

inqy

I also agree having played sm/sb I'd say keep the pet as is.

K

Kagato.

Stealth gives you far to many advantages as it is, allowing you to pick fights you want and escape the ones you don't. No close should be able to escape all others 100% of the time.

The game is already becoming over run with nothing but stealthers as it is.

I

Indiana Jones

keep it for casters..fine
but not for hunter pet

what's the most used tactic by all cowardly hunters...you sneak up, PA....they cast insta pet and activate speed buff

you can't catch up with them and you can't hide with pet on your tail
and when you stop to attack pet...hunter starts shooting

and i also agree with 3dknight (infil TL) whats the point in "vanish" (the special infil RA) if you have a pet on ya

N

Nichneven

oh bah just keep it. honestly, since u can't set a pet on a stealther unless they are in your target window, i think it's fine. If you unstealth to kill someone then someone else sticks a pet on you while you're tearing ass to get away, you asked for it :p

edit: i have a SB and have been killed many times in bg from cabby pets :p still i say, keep it :)

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
keep it for casters..fine
but not for hunter pet

what's the most used tactic by all cowardly hunters...you sneak up, PA....they cast insta pet and activate speed buff

you can't catch up with them and you can't hide with pet on your tail
and when you stop to attack pet...hunter starts shooting

and i also agree with 3dknight (infil TL) whats the point in "vanish" (the special infil RA) if you have a pet on ya

It might work better if you use DoT and snare. :rolleyes: DoT to break any chance of turning on the speedshout after a short sprint. Snare to prevent him fleeing. Snare is your friend.

Try it. :p

If you need the debuff then keep another weapon in your inventory backed up with it.

Vanish is a situational RA, like so many other RA's are.

L

liste

If you need the debuff then keep another weapon in your inventory backed up with it.

or do what sensible assassins do:

have a PA weapon with DoT on, then switch to melee sword through QB, have 2 new poisons lined up for CD, then switch back to PA weapon <if you use this weapon combo> or stay with the same-speed weapons.

have a sword with DoT for emergencies in your inventory, and possibly a snare for a last chance getaway.

oh well

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by liste

have a PA weapon with DoT on, then switch to melee sword through QB, have 2 new poisons lined up for CD, then switch back to PA weapon <if you use this weapon combo> or stay with the same-speed weapons.

have a sword with DoT for emergencies in your inventory, and possibly a snare for a last chance getaway.

oh well

Then what's the problem with the haste shout if you're able to counter it? My post wasn't meant to show how you usually perform or setup an attack, merely show that you have means to deal with the kiting. Heh..

I

Indiana Jones

Originally posted by liste

oh well

well, that i don't get
i got 3 swords (right, left and on back) on qbar, but on switching them, i go out of combat and i can't perform CD anymore after PA

O

old.LandShark

I don't mind hunter pet following through stealth, I just want it replaced with a large dmg add spell because hunters shouldn't be able to interupt any better than other archers :>

S

Shaki/Aeis

Assassins will not be happy until the only thing that can kill them is other assassins:p

L

liste

i dont have a problemt with haste shout. if the hunter gets away with it, its my own fault.

as for changing after PA.

you have excactly as much time to do it, as the speed of your PA weapon.

going out of combat, does not reset the chains, only the timer on previous attack will. So yes, its very much possible :)

N

Nazghul-

If you're gonna PA a hunter use SNARE debuff... easy.

D

darbey

An assasin must have some element of risk when taking a caster.
Of course its right.

B

Brannor McThife

I'm surprised you aren't whining about them removing 1-shot PA kills.

Gee, a class that is basically totally invisible except if you run over/into them, EVEN if you are actively trying to find them, that used to be able to drop almost any mage with 1 hit and not lose their invisibility status. Gee...shame, poor you.

I played a stealther, and in Thidranki, I killed a Runie 5 times in a row till they stacked 4/5 SBs on top of him to try catch me - in the stay-invisible days. Sorry, but assassin classes need to get automatically slapped with nerfs every time someone thinks of nerfing.

Oh wait, while we're at it, give assassins IP again... :rolleyes:

-G

I

ImLestat

Assassins stealth is overpowered as it is. That they should actually have to be a little bit careful around pet classes is just right.

O

old.job

Er just kill the caster dopey, the pet dies too:rolleyes:

I have levelled 3 Hib casters, and it has to be said the Enchanter is the kik ass best of them.

Why do they have so many advantages?

Surely speed and pet is to much.

My Ment/Eld could really do with speed, cos we are stealther dead meat.

K

kirennia

personally i think it's right. Stealthers have very few predators as it is, at least this means one class can track them down IF they survive being hit. Makes perfect sense imo

E

edoa

but...

But I wanna be ubaaa now I have to 1 shot cabbies or another member in a cabby team to not getting a fat pet in my ass wich just refuse to stop.

L

Lynxian

No no no

If you have problems with the pets and whatever, you must do something wrong. I used to whine about that when I dinged 50 but that´s not an issue anymore.
If you can´t handle the pets, don´t attack the class.

G

greenfingers

I think it's annoying as hell, that a chanter pet can attack me while Im stealthed :(

I don't know if it's right or wrong, but annoying, YES !

R

Roo Stercogburn

Always makes me smile this topic.

Ok, I'm biased because I've played a pet class from day 1. Spirit Pets will kill assassins a lot of the time if they don't manage to kill the player and one of the few good things in 1.62 is that its going to get even worse for the poor underpowered stealther because our pet buffs will now equate to shammy buffs and the castable damage shield as well as the focus shield (I'll get a little benefit from this because I've specced Junior a bit).

Apologies, but like all casters, I've really got zero sympathy on this one and its something I hope doesn't change as there should always be risk when you attack someone and for some reason stealthers seem to think that this shouldn't also apply to them.

S

ssera

just try and get the pet to run into some agro. If you haven't already hit it, then when it gets attacked by the aggro it'll turn and fight. Of course the tricky part is not getting aggro yourself ;)

Easiest way (like someone mentioned above) is just to kill the pet master :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom