personal mp3 players

S

S-Gray

Does anyone know anywhere which sells cheap personal mp3 players? im currently after one... I dont really know a lot about mp3 players, but i want one which i can use while im *shock* out and about.

Willing to pay upto around.. £120 or somethin for one... Obviously cheaper the better but also want good performance et al...

E

evilmonkeh

i have a beatman mini cd mp3 player.
basically it uses 8cm disks to store the mp3 files and is relatively small and not bad value for money (£100 a year ago)
still use it today.

W

WPKenny

FFS!! WRONG FORUM!!!! DURR!!!!

http://forums.barrysworld.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=214

Anyway, since it's late and you're a nice chap I'd say the most people round here will say the Apple iPod is the DB's.

Sony do a couple of nice little mp3 players but with no where near the capacity of something like the iPod that had a 2.5" HDD of about 20 gigs or even 40 gigs.

L

lovedaddy

ipod is a nice piece of kit. but be warned, its apple, and they have a habit of releasing crap firmware and patching it months (and months) later. (usually with another round of bugs).

also apple are also trying to push their own audio format on people, so expect that to be forced in your face every few seconds.

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by WPKenny
FFS!! WRONG FORUM!!!! DURR!!!!

http://forums.barrysworld.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=214

Anyway, since it's late and you're a nice chap I'd say the most people round here will say the Apple iPod is the DB's.

Sony do a couple of nice little mp3 players but with no where near the capacity of something like the iPod that had a 2.5" HDD of about 20 gigs or even 40 gigs.

Aww ! heh didnt even think of posting it in this forum :p, was gonna post it in the general forum but then thought naaa best not ;).

heh moi? nice lad? awww *wub*.

Anyway... them Ipods are... expensive :p like double the price of what im willing to pay :(

O

old.Jestra

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shopping/pages/index.html are pretty cheap + reliable

If you want something small that you can fit in your pocket then this is pretty nice. Has 128MB so you can fit around 25-30 songs on it (at around 3-4mbs each). Also has FM radio built in and you recharge it via the usb port in your pc.. play back is aorund 12 hours. Just to give you an idea how small it is : mini

Another good small mp3 player is this one which has no radio, uses AAA batteries but has 256MB.50-60ish songs. I dont have one of those but a friend of mine really rates it.

Anyway thats my useless bit of info. They have a load of other players on their site.

and an ipods not really going to be suitable for 'out and about" is it? :p

F

FatBusinessman

It also isn't "up to around £120", so it's not suitable for S-Gray anyway.

O

old.Jestra

I did say it was useless info.. and theres two listed there anyway, one being 119 :)

Oh and another nice cheapie one is the Creative labs Muvo for 90quid.. as long as you dont care about features, still small though :p and has 128MB storage

W

wyrd_fish

i have a rio 500, lasted me years, only trouble is they don't make them any more

C

charl8tan

Rio Karma
Support for Ogg Vorbis what more needs to be said.
Oh, spose the fact they are apparently also gonna be doing a 40GB version.

W

wyrd_fish

wow, i want one...

ethernet, how cool is that

Users who are viewing this thread