Personal buffbot npc

Corran

Part of the furniture
Shike said:
buffbots are of evul..

After 5 years in game, where ive spent 3 or so with a botPC, buffing groups for RVR, im just sick and tired of it and I pray WAR wont have a similar system.

The whole concept of buffbots is silly, one shouldnt be able to buff outside group, only ones who win on buffbots is Mythic/GOA and we gladly pay _double_ the amount we should pay just to be on par with everyone else, its ridicilous.

put in buffNPC's that give full set of capped buffs, I'd gladly pay 1g per go. Would save me alot of time, alot of money (the extra electricity from a permanent second PC is also something to remember, add in the cost for a second account running and I could deffo do something more fun for that cash). Make basebuffs groupbased and group only. Also make the CLbuffs real buffs instead of dinkytoyversions of them.

What I never understood is, how are Mythic thinking, regarding soloers? They actually assume people use buffbots so in the end, they assume people pay more money than they should, meaning, they are deliberately getting more money than they should in the first place just because of how the system is designed, I got one word for that and it is, unprofessional. Its probably the biggest fraud ever in gaming history. :(

Im guessing Mythic wont do anything about this now though, its too late to make any major changes and one can only hope that they dont use this knowledge in WAR, that the customers are idiots and gladly pay more than they should just to have an edge or at least be on par. Thats something that should be decided by how devoted one is to the game, not depending on whether you can or cannot run a botacc.

(the cost in itself isnt that massive and I can afford it without much problem, its the idea that scares me, what a gaming company is willing to do to get as much money as they possibly can)

Mthic didnt do anything... sure they didnt prevent us being able to do this but it was the players that decided they wanted to run around fully buffed no matter if they grouped or not. It simply player mentality. Take away the ability to be buffed by an ungrouped bot and you will get hundreds of Alaron's running about!

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
They should make a Buffbot-free server (same like classic but with ToA) and be able to transfer your char on your current server to that server

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
How about transfering the people who want to use BBs to a BB enabled server.

...in german.

...located in Russia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom