Personal buffbot npc

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
During 3 years, i ve been playing with only 1 account most of time , and always i ´ve faced the same problem - the buffbot -

There are lot of players that cant dual log properly, use second pc ( because dont have it) or similar ways to use 2 account in same pc, beacuse the games LAGS a lot with dual log.

I have a not a shi t pc , its a decent pc with decent gfx card etc.. opted for work and play some games, but in this game , daoc, to be competent in RvR zone you need avoid LAG issues, things like - cant climb properly in bridges if enemies around- lag spikes- enemies kiting you due the lag etc....

We ALL know Mithic / GOA wants we use 2 account so they earn more money... But i think would be a nice idea if they offer " buy a personal npc bot" only for RvR. Would be so nice play without lag and im sure lot of ppl would pay 12 euros for this personal bot npc for RvR.

ps: 1 dude tired of spam for buffs to spinesprout/faiotan :)

Nate

FH is my second home
one thing mythic tried(but failed imo) to help these type of players out is; you can get cl buffs now, but their not really anywhere near what you can get with a buffbot.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
nope can't see it happening, wouldnt want it happening either if was still palying.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
They fixed that problem on the shards (illegal yadayada. people still play it) by adding Buffbot NPC's. costed 50s eatch time and gave capped bases and all specs.
a simular idea could be ok in the live servers aswell (but to keep it with only the str/con and the d/q. so those that had a BB would still have a little advantage to the ones that didnt).

:p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Why not just a NPC bot that gives everyone yellow con specs, those with BB's tend to have red con specs (or yellow with +buff items)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nate said:
one thing mythic tried(but failed imo) to help these type of players out is; you can get cl buffs now, but their not really anywhere near what you can get with a buffbot.

but if they WERE as good as shaman/Cleric/druid buffs. there would be even less reasons to get those classes in rvr, ok perhaps not clerics and druids. but shamans suffer enough as it is now without making them even more useless in rvr.

Nate

FH is my second home
Ctuchik said:
but if they WERE as good as shaman/Cleric/druid buffs. there would be even less reasons to get those classes in rvr, ok perhaps not clerics and druids. but shamans suffer enough as it is now without making them even more useless in rvr.

well, shamans are always used because tanks need end, casters/support need end to kite and buff shear / aoe disease is pretty nice ;o

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I'd pay £6 a month to have permissions to get buffed by an NPC at CS.

People would pay the extra £2 for having a mobile BB for PVE/healing in combat etc.

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Its like Xxalibur said. GOA what to make money on the euro players.
The best would have been to not have buffbots at all, make some changes to make it more difficult, like stop 2 connections from one IP. the same range restriction on conc based buffs like they have on classic.

Buffbot ruins the shamy/druid/cleric class like someone stated earlier.
but other classes with self buffs are also nerfed when everyone run buffed.
Good example is thane who gets Str/con and dmg add self buff. If every soloer/grp without buff classes ran unbuffed. The classes with self buffs would benefit from their self buff. Their self buffs are a part of their class.
(as i say to everyone i duel in my own realm :p )

Thadius

Part of the furniture
snushanen said:
Its like Xxalibur said. GOA what to make money on the euro players.
The best would have been to not have buffbots at all, make some changes to make it more difficult, like stop 2 connections from one IP. the same range restriction on conc based buffs like they have on classic.

Buffbot ruins the shamy/druid/cleric class like someone stated earlier.
but other classes with self buffs are also nerfed when everyone run buffed.
Good example is thane who gets Str/con and dmg add self buff. If every soloer/grp without buff classes ran unbuffed. The classes with self buffs would benefit from their self buff. Their self buffs are a part of their class.
(as i say to everyone i duel in my own realm :p )

Think thats why they made a classic server. I prefer it because I dont have to run around buffed to the tits if im solo, because I know that only people in groups are buffed up

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

i pretty much doubt that, dont think any mid grps would run with out sharman ..

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Never gonna happen, extra revenue for Mythic/Goa and they are not going to give something away that otherwise needs to be paid for - think as well of the time spent paying for the account whilst levelling a BB etc. Also you can't take BB's out of the game now as its simply too far down that road to do - and I didnt see whines from people getting Arti's etc due to people using Necro n BB combo's to farm them for people etc. Just a part of the game we have to live with. The original post idea of paying for one istn a bad one though but if it is a cheaper cost than a standard account would kinda make a lot of peoples accounts redundant and again people would switch over and Mythic/Goa would lose some income. Would have to be either restricted to less effective buffs/timed etc to make having/keeping a BB viable.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
snushanen said:
The best would have been to not have buffbots at all, make some changes to make it more difficult, like stop 2 connections from one IP.

With that only one person on a private network could play. My wife and I both play, on the same private network. 2 connections from one IP, as far as GOA can tell.

Darzil

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
It's kind of funny though, in pretty much all of the other MMO's it's forbidden to solely use a secondary character to aid your primary character, and often that is classified as cheating. But not in DAoC, yet GoA does ban radarers and other cheaters.

Unfortunately it's a bit too late to call BBing cheating, I think that everyone here have had buffbot buffs either from your own bb or someone elses, but yeah, the game would be a lot better without the buffbots. People complain that fights don't last long enough.. well, I wonder why that would be? Perhaps because the character stats are way beyond what the designers once intended ('fortunately' they've been rebalancing the game but rather than taking bb's out of the equation, they added 'm to it [the equation]).

Which just gave me an idea, next time that anyone whines for adding on his/her target because they could've handled it 1o1 and because otherwise the game would be too easy.. drop the buffs. *wicked grin*

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
With that only one person on a private network could play. My wife and I both play, on the same private network. 2 connections from one IP, as far as GOA can tell.

Darzil

yes you are right, i didnt think of that. Maybe it is a way to arange it if GOA realy whanted to get rid of Buff Bots. but since they make a lot of money i doubt it

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Keep BB's tbh - I quite often buff people if I am using it and have spare conc say exp'ing or RvR etc - never have I once had someone say - "oooo buffbot buffs , no thanks!!" and cancel them.

I guess you would have to remove all buff class spells from all char's and items otherwise people would just find another way around it anyways - pretty resourceful lot teh onliners!

Silient

Loyal Freddie
If they implement a personal Buffbot. when your resureccted. you buff again?? wtf. and every one will get it. no one will need 2nd acount. why would they make this buffbot if they loose out on money? :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Silient said:
If they implement a personal Buffbot. when your resureccted. you buff again?? wtf. and every one will get it. no one will need 2nd acount. why would they make this buffbot if they loose out on money? :)

They could have a option of the subs page you pay double the subs but all of your toons are perma buffed :)

Even if they did something like that i would keep my bot so i can use fop :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
snushanen said:
The best would have been to not have buffbots at all, make some changes to make it more difficult, like stop 2 connections from one IP.

I can easily connect from different networks with the different computers if need be. So, it wouldn't help anything.

The very idea of "buff npcs" are beyond silly though.

If Mythic wanted they could just raise the monthly price and remove buffs altogether. Same effect really. :)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
soze said:
They could have a option of the subs page you pay double the subs but all of your toons are perma buffed :)

Even if they did something like that i would keep my bot so i can use fop :)

Oh cool, how much for an IWIN button? :-D

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
If there only would be buffbot npc like on one unnamed free shard one.

I actually would renew my account then :p but most probably hell freezes over again before this happens.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Daedalus said:
Oh cool, how much for an IWIN button? :-D

How about for 4 times the subs you get every arti possible all level 10! perma red buffs uncapped and 2x mele / magic damage with 8k hps?

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
While I do agree on that buffbots are annoying and you really can't compete effectively without one, I think the things they should have done to prevent it should have taken place ages ago and will be too costly and difficult to do anything with now. Buffbots are just too much part of the game now to take any serious actions against them.

Do occasionally have a buffbot myself, dual log one. Really can't get much done without it. In PvE and RvR. Running unbuffed in RvR is suicide.

The buffbot issue is also something making it difficult for new players getting into the game.

Lick

Loyal Freddie
I think they should introduce a specific game engine thats a 2d based interface and does not render any world based graphics. The sole purpose being a BB system that will not drain too much of the PCs resources while dual logging. The interface itself would be something similar to just the basic UI of the game , allowing you to use the qbars , inventory and spell/ability listings etc. The chat system could also be kept in there with full functionality of all forward slash commands - like if a random person asked for buffs you could just /target <name> and then proceed to buff that person.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
buffbots are of evul..

After 5 years in game, where ive spent 3 or so with a botPC, buffing groups for RVR, im just sick and tired of it and I pray WAR wont have a similar system.

The whole concept of buffbots is silly, one shouldnt be able to buff outside group, only ones who win on buffbots is Mythic/GOA and we gladly pay _double_ the amount we should pay just to be on par with everyone else, its ridicilous.

put in buffNPC's that give full set of capped buffs, I'd gladly pay 1g per go. Would save me alot of time, alot of money (the extra electricity from a permanent second PC is also something to remember, add in the cost for a second account running and I could deffo do something more fun for that cash). Make basebuffs groupbased and group only. Also make the CLbuffs real buffs instead of dinkytoyversions of them.

What I never understood is, how are Mythic thinking, regarding soloers? They actually assume people use buffbots so in the end, they assume people pay more money than they should, meaning, they are deliberately getting more money than they should in the first place just because of how the system is designed, I got one word for that and it is, unprofessional. Its probably the biggest fraud ever in gaming history. :(

Im guessing Mythic wont do anything about this now though, its too late to make any major changes and one can only hope that they dont use this knowledge in WAR, that the customers are idiots and gladly pay more than they should just to have an edge or at least be on par. Thats something that should be decided by how devoted one is to the game, not depending on whether you can or cannot run a botacc.

(the cost in itself isnt that massive and I can afford it without much problem, its the idea that scares me, what a gaming company is willing to do to get as much money as they possibly can)

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think a buff-npc would change much, unless it has all buffs from all classes avaliable. most who already have an extra account for extra buffs will keep that account but use another kind of bot. Im sure it will be known fast what kind of bot is most effective to get an advantage.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
even if they removed stat buffs from game it would still not sort the problems - you would still have people with resist buffs / celerity buffs etc - which would unbalance the game even more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom