Permasprint?

Maug

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all

I want to hear how you can get permasprint, i know there are threads around, but i can't find at the moment, so here goes:

We know that Longwind 1 + End regen 4 gives permasprint.

But how about Longwind 2 + End regen 3?

And Longwind 2 + Tireless 1 + End regen 3?

And Longwind 1 + Tireless 1 + End regen 3?

And Longwind 1 + Tireless 2 + Endregen 3?

Any feedback?

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Tireless is for combat end regain so unless your Fighting and running it shouldnt kick in.

As for does lw2 + end3 = perma sprint, not sure mate most ppl would slap a pally/shammy/bard with end3 to go get end 4 :D

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Tireless is for combat end regain so unless your Fighting and running it shouldnt kick in.

As for does lw2 + end3 = perma sprint, not sure mate most ppl would slap a pally/shammy/bard with end3 to go get end 4 :D

end regen3 is a potion (end reg4 needs special drops, so isnt used much) though so for solo'ers its nice to know wether they can get perma sprint :).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
tireless won't help sprinting - it's far too slow to matter

however long wind 2 + end regen 3 = permasprint.

unfortunately long wind 5 does nothing more than long wind 4...

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Friars need longwind 3 to get permasprint [this is with end regen 2 (? iirc)]. Having longwind 2 does no more than having longwind 1 (in this case), due to the formulas n things used - and no I can't remember where the threads were wither.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Coren said:
Friars need longwind 3 to get permasprint [this is with end regen 2 (? iirc)]. Having longwind 2 does no more than having longwind 1 (in this case), due to the formulas n things used - and no I can't remember where the threads were wither.

long wind + end regen >= 5 = permasprint as long as end regen >=1

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
tireless won't help sprinting - it's far too slow to matter

however long wind 2 + end regen 3 = permasprint.

unfortunately long wind 5 does nothing more than long wind 4...
That's not the case, some scout did tests on Pendragon a short while ago, longwind reduces the amount of end per-tick that sprint uses by 1 and by default it uses 5% so longwind 5 = perma-sprint for any class without even end regen.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I read it as Sodastream. How bout j00 ?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Falcon said:
That's not the case, some scout did tests on Pendragon a short while ago, longwind reduces the amount of end per-tick that sprint uses by 1 and by default it uses 5% so longwind 5 = perma-sprint for any class without even end regen.

as of 1.62 it drops the end per tick by 1 for every level up to 4 - longwind 5 does nothing. Longwind 4 + end regen 1 _will_ give you permasprint.

Longwind 5 does nothing.

tested it myself.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:

Tireless works in fights, out of fights, running, riding, sitting down, crafting...

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know about other combinations but LW2 and end regen 3 is permasprint.
My brother has cave shaman with end regen 3 so I've had to have that on many of my characters :)
Handy for potions, too :)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
would i ass friar with end reg pots (emd reg 3) and my own end regt (end reg 2) + LW2, means that i can permasprint and style? or shall i also get tireless1 or2?

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Serbitar said:
top pala end chant + lw1 does it for me :)
You dont need LW1 with top pally end chant, tis perma sprint without anything!

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
My warden has self end 4 and I got 21(ish) min sprint :D
I also got a 40% endurance reduce buff witch workes while sprinting, so I actually get end while sprinting xD.
Have to rebuff it every 20 min tho.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Tireless is only for endregen in combat

lw2+end3=permasprint etc :p

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
My warden has self end 4 and I got 21(ish) min sprint :D
I also got a 40% endurance reduce buff witch workes while sprinting, so I actually get end while sprinting xD.
Have to rebuff it every 20 min tho.

get an end reg3 pots + get LW2 and u get permasprint while using speed :)

Eynar

Fledgling Freddie
TeaSpoon said:
Tireless works in fights, out of fights, running, riding, sitting down, crafting...
No it doesn't...only in combat. If it would work like you say, long wind would be a pretty useless ra imo :worthy:

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
get an end reg3 pots + get LW2 and u get permasprint while using speed :)
Think end reg3 and 40% end reduce will do. Cba to waste points on lw2, dont really need it anyway. Its not like I ever run without a bard.

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
Tireless is like a very gimp end regen.

Longwind reduces the amount of endurance used when sprinting.

Tireless DOES work under any circumstances but the speed at which tireless helps you regain end isn't in any way compareable to a 1 fatigue reduction in endurance useage so saying tireless working any time makes longwind useless is daft, they work quite differently. It's worth having one point in tireless just in case you have to sprint to catch up with a leader and regen once stuck, sprint to a horse and regen on a horse etc.

Longwind is good for kiting.

Flim, charcopied to Pendragon with my Hero last night, in 1.68 longwind 5 DEFINETELY works and a ranger in our alliance said it worked fine for him in 1.60. No confirmation it definetely worked before that but perhaps chase it up with GOA because it could be a GOA only issue unless it somehow got broken just for 1.62.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Falcon said:
Longwind is good for kiting.

Flim, charcopied to Pendragon with my Hero last night, in 1.68 longwind 5 DEFINETELY works and a ranger in our alliance said it worked fine for him in 1.60. No confirmation it definetely worked before that but perhaps chase it up with GOA because it could be a GOA only issue unless it somehow got broken just for 1.62.

did you get long wind 5 and it cost 0 endurance whilst sprinting?

may have been 1.62 or 1.58 when I tested long wind - it was fairly recently though. I'll do another test tonight if I remember.

I remember people saying that longwind 5 wasn't worth getting on VN boards and such so I don't think it's a euro-only thing.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
just checked on Gorre in version 1.67 - long wind 4 is very nice ;) can sprint for ages.

Long wind 5?

still lose endurance whilst sprinting.

Oh and after two minutes of running with tireless 1 I got just under 2 bubs back of end.

After two minutes of running with tireless 5 I got 3! rah! what a great investment.

LW5 + tireless 5 - still lose end whilst sprinting... not a lot but it's not permasprint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom