Perl

S

(Shovel)

Can anyone point me towards some "How to Program Perl" web resources or books (cheap ones!).
I want to do some simple cookie work (as explained in my previous thread) and code a hit counter and suchlike, so nothing too taxing, but requiring more than zero knowledge :p

Need simple file handling, comparison expressions and cookie handling.

Thanks in advance.

T

Tempy_Incursion

Argh what you want to learn Perl for? :p
Learn PHP instead!!! :clap:

S

ShockingAlberto

I've heard Python is very similar to perl in some respects, but alot more simpler and logical for begginers, so i've been intending to learn it for several months now. I've seen a few books in WaterGates on Python(they have a huge computing section), but i've just never got round to getting one.

Imo, a book is th best way to learn a programming language, especially if you're not allready fluent in other coding languages(not that i'm syaing you're not, as i don't know you ::).

Just search google.

O

old.PhantomSnake

Here's a site that I used to learn Perl, and I must say it was really easy. :D

http://www.ebb.org/PickingUpPerl/pickingUpPerl.html

After you understand everything covered on this page you should go on to the official Perl documentation. I don't remember where it is on the net, but I'm sure if you search around a bit you'll find it. I agree with Tempty though, PHP is probably the better language to learn (the two languages are nearly identical) as it is the wave of the future!

Users who are viewing this thread