People running away from 1v1

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
So I've got a baby rr2 champ (50lw 42s 39v). It's damage output is not that great yet but the debuffs with 18% debuff bonus wreck things and it stands a good chance vs most classes.

The problem is if it becomes obvious I'm going to win a lot of players run away. I'll use the snare but that sets immunity and it's hard to catch up if they cc me. This has happened a lot, it's annoying and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice? Even if it's play your vw instead!

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Sadly this is a very common thing on the US servers , i've never meet such bad loosers as the US playerbase , if they not manage to run of they will moan about it on VN for weeks instead :p givf transfer from EU to US already and we might get a decent playerbase back :twak:

Ps: i saw the response you got in /reg yesterday Mirt when you asked about why ppl run when loosing

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Spam the snare backstyle asap they try and run away ...

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Revenging blade is your friend.

Especially on scouts :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
where are all these soloers? rr2 merc and haven't found any that don't come with 7 other friends :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'll fight you with my 2h troll thane Levi!

I'm in a terrible template, but might be able to... Do atleast something :D

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
It's difficult to get 1v1 consistantly, but I've had success going for would be xp gankers. So in alb you'd want to hang around snowdonia or near the Albion coast drop off. You will get run over by mini grps now and then but it's better than at beno or simmilar places.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
It's because you're playing what is considered an overpowered class for 1v1, reavers and valks get the same thing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Class doesn't matter. They run from everything. My RR2 NS, my RR2 hunter, my RR4 hero, my RR4 skald. Its what is known as doing a Wilson (not sure where the name comes from) but it happens a hell of a lot on US servers.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
They ran on DE also so not just 'the americanos' beeing ***** :)

Atleast at rr5 you can 3 shot runners with BoV :p

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I guess I should stick to the VW, it's a lot less reliable than the champ (The damage is better, when it hits, but without slam/debuffs it's at the mercy of the RNG a lot more) but they're unlikely to be able to escape.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
its same with most stealthers (inf/ns/sb) if they miss pa they vanish or sprint of becuase they know they gonna loose if they dont get there pa chain in..happend alot of time on my pally that a sb or ns has rund when im about to win after they get there PA chain in

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Id run seein a valk tbh. I actually like havin buffs. 8)

Ah yah I used to go nuts on valks shearing me on my minstrel/ns/ranger back on dyvet, but man doing it to other ppl is SOOOO satisfying.

Sometimes you can find a FG resting somewhere and run up to them and share the whole grp xd and then run off with charge3 followed by speed token haha :sex:

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Rolling a shield class with debuffs and moaning when people run from you...I think you should roll a reaver tbh :worthy:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Obv your champ has not got the champ level spells!

Grey con bolt ftw!

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
a stupid question.... there's no reason to stay and die
random mid/alb : he is a honorable soloer , i must give him some free rps!
its because people dont think like what i just wrote.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
a stupid question.... there's no reason to stay and die
random mid/alb : he is a honorable soloer , i must give him some free rps!
its because people dont think like what i just wrote.

The "Free rps" argument is sooo 2005. Honest the playstyle in DAoC has such a competative edge to it for the last couple of year, it can be hardly discribed as fun or a game anymore. For 99% of the (solo) players it has become a sport, where die'ing is the ultimate disgrace.

Nothing wrong with a little compatition ofcourse, but lighten up once in a whiled. It's funny and sad at the same time to see people do the things they do ingame, just to stay alive. To many l33t skills to mention (which will result in a flame fest anyways).

However it might just be that i'm getting to old for these kinds of mmorpg's and easy kills don't stay fun for long anyway.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The real Solo community is long gone with Eu tbh, most ppl soloing in Usa just roll the fotm class and pretend to.

Garbage imo ^^

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Soloing for me was never about the RPs and dying to a better opponent was just as much fun as beating the crap out of someone. Personally I think its sad that people save RAs/abilities to escape with when they could just as well use them to put up a fight and maybe even win.

Why bother playing if you are just interested in cheap RPs?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Soloing for me was never about the RPs and dying to a better opponent was just as much fun as beating the crap out of someone. Personally I think its sad that people save RAs/abilities to escape with when they could just as well use them to put up a fight and maybe even win.

Why bother playing if you are just interested in cheap RPs?

10 minutes to rebuff and boat back isn't fun for most, I don't think people save the RAs specifically to escape (except minstrels with SOS), just turns out that way sometimes. Charge3 vamp for example it will be up every fight, so if they need to use it to get away then go for it.

Everyone runs from fights occasionally, often you will see a group/adds in the distance so start to run to avoid being added on, sometimes you just aint ready for the fight so need to get away to restart the fight on equal terms. Sometimes you start the fight then realise it's some fotm champ/reaver so decide against fighting and gtfo.

The majority of people don't play this game for honor, it's never been that way, people usually think it was in the 'good old days' but thats just nostalgia, people were just as competitive and desperate to win in OF and on Euro servers, this isn't new or American.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Rolling a shield class with debuffs and moaning when people run from you...I think you should roll a reaver tbh :worthy:

These are rr10s and my champ is rr2... Besides from what people have told me they'd run away from any fight theyre going to loose! I do find it funny that scrubs think less of players for selecting a strong class to play, especially given the nature of ywain where you will fight people with a huge rr advantage.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
These are rr10s and my champ is rr2... Besides from what people have told me they'd run away from any fight theyre going to loose! I do find it funny that scrubs think less of players for selecting a strong class to play, especially given the nature of ywain where you will fight people with a huge rr advantage.

Regardless of RR, a champ will beat a lot of classes in straight toe-to-toe 1v1, they're an awesomely overpowered class :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Blame the rolling of fotm classes, last time i was playing it was a rarity to see anything but your shield classes and locks soloing.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
It's still the same, though less locks now.

It's all valks, reavers & champs. With the odd skald/warr/arms/hero floating around. Still all retards that can be kited with ease as well ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom