People Running 2 Accounts on 1 Puter

K

Kicks

How realistic is it to be able to do this?

What kinda system u need?

anyone running 2 accounts here can u post ya kinda performance and system spec pls.

S

Spamb0t

athlon 1400 mhz
256mb ram

works... but not too good ;o

1SI 1classic...
need atleast 512mb ram to be able to start 2SI

S

Stallion-

xp1800+ @ 1.7 ghz.
ATI radeon 9700 PRO
512 pc3200 ram..

S

spankya

Athlon XP 1800+
Geforce 2 Ultra 64MB DDR
384MB ram

Can run 2 accounts even though u r supposed to have 512MB but is laggy in rvr running 2 accounts

H

haid_deathclaw

im running 2 SI acc's with no problem at all (prolly because of my uber spec) ;)

3,1 gHz
1024 DDR ram

O

old.Mousah

Athlon 1100 mhz
Geforce 2 GTS
256 MB ram...
i am soooo 90s, time to get a new comp :)

cant run 2 si clients, but 1 classic/1 si works

O

old.Xanthian

Athlon XP2400
1GB PC3200 RAM
GeForce 4 Ti4800

Can run 2 accounts no problem but cant move them at the same time.
I did find a work around for it tho, if you move the windows next to each other so u can see both windows, then click on your desktop to deselect them both. They should then run without lag.
But ofc you wont be able to do anything, hehe.

M

Marwolaeth

Athlon 2700 (2.17ghz)
512 DDR 333
Geforce 4 ti 64mb

Dodgy as hell still....if i have any other application running then it's no go...second account takes ages to load up. Can play and have a buffer loaded somewhere, but at first both my characters would move when i tried moving one (i.e. my buffbot would wander off into purple agro and get slaughtered) although this seams to of stopped now. Main problem is how slow it is to alt-tab between characters and sometimes the second one you loaded will crash whilst i'm doing this.

D

Danya

2x athlon xp2400+
1gb ram
gf4 ti4600

Runs two accounts smooth - about 90% cpu usage in task manager. Can have irc, ie, etc. open in the background without issues. Having the second cpu makes a huge difference, which just one cpu running it's laggy and slow.

E

Easdown

P4 1.3 ghz
256MB
128 GEforce 2

1SI/1Classic

takes over a minute to zone when they both running and if they both zone at the same time they LD <cry>

R

Ravenbourne

Can run 2 SI np on 1.4 gig athlon Geforce 4 64ddr and 512 dr ram,
2nd SI is a friends account though so need saox for my own 2nd accoutn (classic only) anyone know where i an get the latest one from?

O

old.Katie

have a P4 2.8 1Gig DDR Gf4Ti4600 I get slow down on the char i have not got on the screen when in auto run in some places bar that its fine.

D

dali

atlon 2000+
gf4 ti42000
1 gig ddr ram

works like a dream

had 512ddr but that totaly sucked one account would always LD

A

Amadon

Athlon 1.4
512Mb SDRAM
GF4 Ti4200

runs ok, pc crashes alot coz of crap moboard, but that's not caused by 2 accounts

can only move 1 account at a time, or switch between the two to move.. ok for a buffbot

i was running 3 accounts on my pc fairly decently before 1.60 (using classic + doax)

C

Crashtje

Originally posted by Spamb0t 1SI 1classic...
need atleast 512mb ram to be able to start 2SI [/B]
how you do this ? i cant run classic at same time as SI , tells me i need 2 instances of SI + im runn 394mb sd-ram

A

Aloca

Originally posted by old.Mousah
Athlon 1100 mhz
Geforce 2 GTS
256 MB ram...
i am soooo 90s, time to get a new comp :)

cant run 2 si clients, but 1 classic/1 si works

How you run 1classic/1 SI?

O

oblivion_6

athlon xp2800
1.5 GB
Gefore ti4800 128 MB

easily run 2 SI copies with no lag whatsoever

Except when porting for some reason?????

C

Crashtje

how ?? i got 394sd ram, Amd athlon xp 1600 and i cant run 2 SI get a conflict error :/

R

Rnp

running 2 si clients with a amd 1000 512ram

cant get si client with classic to work tho =/

S

Simmern

Hard something about that you in Windows XP can set priority for everything you opened...
And then set both DAoC clients to low priority and it would run without lag.

C

Crashtje

Gah someone please tell me how u run 2 SI on less than 512mb ram ?/

C

Chameleon

2200xp
512mb 2100 ddr ram
gf4 4800 (iirc)
512 ADSL

runs 2 si accounts without much of a problem. When running 2 characters to the same spot, you can't /stick one to the other, as the stuck one will lag ....... but run them next to each other and you just need to switch screens every now and then to let one catch up with the other (the character on the 'active' screen runs faster than the background one). Zoning and loading can take a while, but not too bad really. I get the occasional odd sound bugs where the casting sound from one screen will kind of repeat for a short time in an echo on the other screen if I switch to it too soon.

R

RobbanPobban

2.4 GhZ AMD
1024 DDRAM
Gforce2 MX 400 *blush*
Windows 2k

(useally I can run 3 DaoC's)

K

Kicks

guess my 2800xp 1Gb ddr ram and radeon 9700 should be able to run 2 nicely :)

opened SI and a 2nd SI to logon screen then opened Outlook Express and had IE and mIRC running was a little slow but not too bad :) so 2 should be ok hmm :)

A

Anu

:( I always get the msg that i'm already running a DAoC client and it won't load.

512 mem
radeon 9500 128mg
1k cpu tho (could it be this)?

V

vintervargen

me + buffbot,

buffbot on 800 * 600 me on 1280 * 1024

p4 1800 512 ram gf4 ti6400

slight decrease in fps but not much tbh, only things that slows down is zone loading times. ofc having irc + explorer + winamp also..

O

old.Niljindil

For everyone running XP/2000 and 2 SI accounts but having problems /sticking to the other account there is a work around.

press ctrl-alt-delete, then go into the process manager and rightclick on the 2 game.dll(daoc) processes and set priority to LOW on *both* of them. This should make your computer use them at 50/50 cpu capacity instead of 90% of the one you have in "focus".

It will lag more with the account you are actually playing, but you can /stick fine, and if you are only running buffbot you can turn it back to normal when you arent gonna /stick anymore for better fps with your "main" account.

Edit: I see felilia mentioned this, here it is explained :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom