Peaceful protests

mank!

Part of the furniture
Does anyone have experience with organising protests, i.e. the legal ins and outs etc?

Read a fair bit but would be handy to have somebody to contact directly with questions.

cheers

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
what are you protesting mank?

Equal rights for gay whales?

Only joking but interested (kind of)

mank!

Part of the furniture
I'm not gay and I'm not fat, duhhh.

Protesting against the board of directors at STFC because they're a bunch of crooks.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Make a big sign and hang it on the railings during a match?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
ive never really understood the whole 'peaceful protest' thing it seems kinda contradicting

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
think psyco is referring to raping and pillaging villages, not burning flags - thats as peaceful as be sitting around in a circle and smoke grass while singing cumbaja my lord or what-ever hippiescum sings these days

mank!

Part of the furniture
You really are all a bunch of utter *****.

I'd much rather go on a murderous rampage myself but strangely enough I'd probably get locked up for it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

I'd much rather go on a murderous rampage myself but strangely enough I'd probably get locked up for it.

The rotten bastards!

Chilly

Balls of steel
Tell the police and dont block any roads and you can do it wherever.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
psyco prefers to burn flags.

eh?

Huntingtons said:
think psyco is referring to raping and pillaging villages, not burning flags - thats as peaceful as be sitting around in a circle and smoke grass while singing cumbaja my lord or what-ever hippiescum sings these days

again, eh?

Will

/bin/su
mank, are you wanting to do this by the book, or are you looking to do it without informing the authorities and not get nicked? PM me and stuff if you don't want to discuss it here.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Where? No room at the inn these days remember.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm always as suprised when people ask for help in here and not expect to get an eplethera of silly comments :D

mank!

Part of the furniture
mank, are you wanting to do this by the book, or are you looking to do it without informing the authorities and not get nicked? PM me and stuff if you don't want to discuss it here.

We're going to do things by the book to begin with and see how it progresses, if they refuse to budge than we'll take things up another notch. It's probably going to be a ridiculously long slog.

Need to have a chat with a few people but will PM you with some questions in due course if that's okay?

Will

/bin/su
Sure. I can answer you some basics here. By the book, you need to register with the police for a march, but not for a protest. If you are marching, and don't want to inform the police, you need to have no identifiable leader/organiser, which is the dodge used by Critical Mass protests which I'm vaguely involved with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom