PCEU Virus

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Anyone familiar with this virus? My GF has managed to get it on her sisters computer and i wont see her until Sunday. Anyone know of an easy fix that she will be able to do herself?

Kryten

Old Cow.
If that's the one that displays the police style ransomware message then no, it's not something that will likely be removed by someone other than an expert. She can try installing and using Malwarebytes but I've only ever found it to remove one variant of that before.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
It's a nightmare to shift. One of the worst one's I've ever had to deal with, it even reboots safe mode.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Quickest way is if you can see what's running in task manager and see what the filename is, booting from a linux live CD, locating those files (or hunting manually) and removing. That'll stop restrictions from being put in place when it boots into Windows next where you can do a proper thorough clean.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I did it in the end by logging in using a second account on the pc, it only infects the currentuser part of the registry.

Once in with the other account I could disinfect it and make sure it was cleared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom