PC recycling

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I suppose this could go in Technical but its more of a general rant/question. I have an old PC that I want to get rid of. Its old, but in its day it was pretty high end. I thought, "I'll be a good citizen and get it recycled for charity". Well, what a fucking shower of shit these charities are. I've emailed about half a dozen, all of whom claim they want PCs (with a much lower min spec than the PC I want to donate), and I've not had a reply from one of them! I'm even happy to drop it off; with a LCD monitor and a printer! I dunno, you try to do the right thing...

So, does anyone know a reliable PC recycling/charity service in the London area? Before I go and brain a charity worker with 10 kilos of PC?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just leave it in the street with a sign "Free PC, first come first served".

It'll be gone sharpish.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Clothing places aren't really that much better; they complained that the clothes i donated weren't folded.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I believe many local dumps will take pc's and recycle them in some way shape or form. Back when I was working for a computer support company we used to take all our old bits of crap to Kentish Town dump and they'd make use of them somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom