Help pc problem

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
lo guys wondering if anyone could help me with a little problem im unable to upload any files to the internet have tried flickr imageshack and even facebook no luck this has been on both IE and firefox

my browsers IE and Firefox are also not saving passwords when im telling it to, this has got me really stumped not sure when the problem started think it may be over a couple of weeks old

im runnin vista 64bit home premium im really stumped here just dont know what the problem is its nothin to do with my anti virus software as ive tried disabling it

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Yep. malwarebytes is FTW

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Except don't take it as gospel on vista. It detected one false positive (I didn't know it was one at the time) relating to the display, and removing it fecked my graphics. I'm glad for System Restore!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
pretty sure its not malware think it may be a problem with java or flash have done total resinstalls of both but no joy did a quick scan with malwarebytes and found nothing doing a full one now.

any other ideas guys?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
full scan complete no malware god this is pissin me off

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
right dunno what sites you have or have not used so ill try use a couple of examples website called imageshack allows you to upload pictures to thier servers etc

i can log into the site just fine i can also click on the upload link however when it takes you to next page asking you to browse for your pics it doesnt do anything. i click it and the window flashes a little round the edge like its had a command but cant process it. and the cursor goes into working mode for a split second then back to arrow

same happens in flickr and facebook whenever you click a browse button nada.

also i cannot open my email via the email link in live messenger (you know the little letter icon top right of messenger window) this is what is making me think it may be a java problem.

my passwords are not been stored for instance i can click save username and password on here then close window. reopen new window and have to do the same thing. this is not just on firefox its on IE too which is what has baffled me so much

if you need more specifics that i may have missed let me know.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
sounds like a java script or flash problem tbh, but you say you have reinstalled them both.

uninstall both of them, plus disable any add ins in Ie and firefox that are to do with flash and java

then try imagewshack again and let me know

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
no joy dark did solve a couple of problems i deleted firefox figured fresh start etc. deleted java and flash as far as i can tell its now saving passwords which is a relief and the msn link is working

but still no joy on the uploads reinstalled flash and java just to make sure them missing wasnt the problem and it isnt still cant upload still same problem on the browse links reckon i could be missing some sort of activex module or something?

JingleBells

FH is my second home
You don't have anything shit like norton, mcafee or zone alarm running?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
no m8 ive completely shut down AV and even firewall and still same probs and then ran a virus check just to make sure :p im almost positive its a problem with java or flash

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
no joy dark did solve a couple of problems i deleted firefox figured fresh start etc. deleted java and flash as far as i can tell its now saving passwords which is a relief and the msn link is working

but still no joy on the uploads reinstalled flash and java just to make sure them missing wasnt the problem and it isnt still cant upload still same problem on the browse links reckon i could be missing some sort of activex module or something?

ActiveX wouldn't explain your problem with Firefox. It definitely sounds like a Javascript issue, but its odd that its on both browsers. The only other thing I can think of that would affect all your browsers is if you've changed something on your modem/router?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
its a sky router so its all firmware on the router i havent accessed it for some time so thats why i havent gone that route nothing should have changed there.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
tried it no joy. can anyone point me on to a good support forum who deals with probs like this please i dont know any and theres too many out there.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
come to think of it there was another symptom too i was playing GTA IV fine then all of a sudden when i tried to play i would log in and it would say not signed in on windows live for games etc (i blatantly was) not done an uninstall on it yet as its such a big install

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Check the installation locations of your adobe flash player. I had this issue about 6 months ago. One of the two installs need to be killed. (So remove them both, install again. If it doesn't work, install at other location) - you'll need to use search for their location (as in, actual "search" - since I can't remember)

EDIT:

One is here (XP): C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

EDIT2: Infact, make sure that's the only place it's installed.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
am on vista but thxs ill have a manual scan through windows file make sure its not anywhere else cheers for idea m8 ill giv it a shot

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
still no joy its gotta be a problem with vista ive tried almost everything else.

Sar

Part of the furniture
It's not a problem with the windows firewall blocking uploads is it?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
nope i think i found the problem, just not a fix. it appears to be a compatibility issue with running a 32bit browser on a 64bit OS ive downloaded IE8 64bit and it works fine and also a custom build of firefox called minefield which is a 64bit browser altho its far from complete cant run some websites. it also can upload

something has changed in the last 3-4 weeks in the vista configuration probably due to an update cant begin to imagine what tho cos i tried alot of things to fix this problem. as it stands atm i can upload again on 64bit browsers

so if anyone is thinking of gettin a 64bit OS best keep this thread handy for when vista bites you in the ass aswell :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
nope i think i found the problem, just not a fix. it appears to be a compatibility issue with running a 32bit browser on a 64bit OS ive downloaded IE8 64bit and it works fine and also a custom build of firefox called minefield which is a 64bit browser altho its far from complete cant run some websites. it also can upload

something has changed in the last 3-4 weeks in the vista configuration probably due to an update cant begin to imagine what tho cos i tried alot of things to fix this problem. as it stands atm i can upload again on 64bit browsers

so if anyone is thinking of gettin a 64bit OS best keep this thread handy for when vista bites you in the ass aswell :p

I run FF 3 on 64 bit Vista just fine.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
me too chipper, vista 64's 32bit compatibility works just fine.

So you have not found your problem, something is very wrong with either your pc or your install of vista.

Have you considered a backup of data and a re-install?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
yes it ran fine for me up until about 3-4 week ago ive uninstalled most updates any newish software and its not solved the problem i installed a 64bit version of IE8 and now its works fine im wondering if its a compatibility issue between 64bit OS flash which only has a 32bit version official anyway and 32bit browsers ive tried everything i can think of and while im no expert i do have quite a good idea what im doin on a pc. ive found a solution nothing else is affected so atm im happy with it :)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Did you not try the 64-bit version of IE7 that comes with Vista 64-bit?

There are two copies of IE:
c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

the 32-bit one is useful if you need to use badly written plugins (Hi sun java)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
it defaulted to 32bit for some reason and tbh i never use IE firefox fan myself gutted got to use IE till they release a 64bit browser

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom