(PC) halo problems?

T

Testin da Cable

microsoft has set up some pages with advisories and explainations:
  • known video issues
  • known sound issues
  • general halo alerts
  • please note that all tweaks are used at your own risk!!

Throddy and Jis came up with this bit of helpfulness:
    Right click your Halo icon, click properties. For the Target, it should look something like the following:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe"

after that, you want to add your video mode and refresh rate, in the format -vidmode horizontal,vertical,refresh rate.

For my setting, I use 1024x768@102Hz. Mine looks like the following

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -vidmode 1024,768,102

Once you do this, Halo will work properly. You will not be able to manually change the resolution through the menus with this set. If you want to run at a higher res, set it on the command line. You will be able to adjust the game's FPS mechanism. For best gameplay, I recommend using the 30 FPS setting. For best display on CRTs, use the VSYNC setting, and for all out frame rate freaks or LCD users, use the NO-VSYNC setting.

fishrex came up with this for performance issues:
    just thought you would like to know I had this game running very slowly on my PC but I found that if you use the command
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -use11
    in the target box of your short cut that it improves performance quite a lot. doesn't look as nice but the performance is increased. this is for nvidia cards, I think you use "-use20" for ati cards

hope this helps :) if there are other handy pages about do let me know, or have someone edit this thread to keep things nicely centralised.

Users who are viewing this thread