PC Games

Laddey

FH is my second home
I'm looking for some PC Games that have a really nice story line with them. Like Final Fantasy for example, and also are long games which last for ages. Takes a few weeks of casual playing to complete them.

Also that will run on my ...

1.73Ghz Dual Core
2GB of Ram
Ati Radeon 200m

Currently in the process of buying Diablo 2 with the expansion pack. 2gb so it'll take a while to DL.

Any recommendations ?!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I'm looking for some PC Games that have a really nice story line with them. Like Final Fantasy for example, and also are long games which last for ages. Takes a few weeks of casual playing to complete them.

Also that will run on my ...

1.73Ghz Dual Core
2GB of Ram
Ati Radeon 200m

Currently in the process of buying Diablo 2 with the expansion pack. 2gb so it'll take a while to DL.

Any recommendations ?!

Oblivion has a great storyline, you probarly heard about Oblivion before, it was the craze of this forum when it came out.

Neverwinther Nights 2 I've also heard good things about, not really played it myself so can't say much about it except what I heard secondhand.

If you don't mind the game being old and not be superiour grafix, Might and Magic 6 also got an amazing storyline and lots of context to explore, Might and Magic 7 is better graphix but is not quite context filled at the 6th. The 8 just plainly suck compared to the previous ones in my opinion and never tried the 9th as I saw from previous that it had the same flaws that made the 8th suck.

Heard that Morrow Wind (sp?), the one in the Elder Scrolls series before Oblivion, should also have an amazing story, but again, only second hand accounts.

Two Worlds seem to have an amazingy beautiful world, I found myself having a very hard time getting into the entire combat system and due to early vista bugs I ended up giving up on that game, but seeing how those was recently fixed, I might find it off my shelf and give it a go sometime again

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Aye, can't go wrong with oblivion, even if i like it more on the 360.

Bonus sides are upgrades, free patches "free" patches etc. There's content up the wazoo on the PC.

Also, fallout 2, get it and love it.

If for nothing else, to learn your way around before fallout 3 and to wait for...between dark and light!

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie

Playing Diablo 2 LoD too atm. It's the mark of a great game, that one can still pick it up years and years later; start all over, do the same 5 chapters again and again... yet still have a great time :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Blackjack, you should watch out for Mythos :D

Hmm...needs own thread...

Helme

Resident Freddy
Vampire the Masquerade; Bloodlines

It's one of my alltime favourite games storywise. Basically you wake up after a night out as a vampire in Los Angeles. You kind of realise that you need to start follow the vampire laws in place while doing jobs for the vampire prince who 'spared' your life. It has probably 40-50 hours of gameplay with some of the most awesome characters ever made. It's that sort of game where you WANT to talk to everyone simply because the voice acting and dialogue is plain awesome. The combat is abit 'meh' but it has everything from sneak attacks, to sucking them dry of blood or shooting them/stabbing them with katanas or whatever(even sledgehammers). You also have "blood powers" as a vampire which basically lets you do various things, from extreme speed to extreme power or even transformations. Overall, you'll love this game from the moment you start til you finish, and after you done it once you have 6 other vampire clans to play each offering quite a distinct feel. Some examples would me the Malkavians - who goes mentally insane after becoming vampires, your dialogues will reflect it and so will peoples perception of you. Hell you can have conversations with stop signs or the tv, and they'll reply back!

Other races include the Nosferatu - so hideous that just showing yourself to humans will get vampire hunters on your trail and thus breaching the 'masquerade'. Then there's for example the Gangrel's who can transform into some sort of beasts that are just insane melee fighters, at the price of your grip on humanity.

Overall it's one of the best games I've ever played and I still hate Valve for being the main reason Troika(makers of the game) had to shut down.

----

Other storybased games are the Knights of the Old Republic which I personally think are better than any of the Star Wars movies. Both of the games have 40-50 hours of story gameplay and entertaining combat, nr2 isn't as good as nr1 but it's still one of the best RPG's ever made imo. On the same page you might want to try Jade Empire.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Gothic 1 & 2, if you haven´t tried them! Morrowind story > Oblivion. Adventure games such as Broken Sword series. And you GOTTA play Myth 1: The fallen lords and Myth 2: Soulblighter!!! And.. Call of Cthulhu.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
playing the witcher atm, very good game, though the combat takes a while to get into. decent enough story line.

And you get to shag hookers!

Helme

Resident Freddy
playing the witcher atm, very good game, though the combat takes a while to get into. decent enough story line.

Correction, you get to shag any female you meet :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Correction, you get to shag any female you meet :)

Those games always seem to go downwards for me after a while... when i end up trying to shag everything and start abusing drugs because some random rejected me :mad:

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Baldur's Gate 1+2 with Tutu mod is great.

I've been playing diablo 2 recently as well, maybe we should attempt an online group :p

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Baldur's Gate 1+2 with Tutu mod is great.

I've been playing diablo 2 recently as well, maybe we should attempt an online group :p

I'd be up for that some time. I have a level 60+ sorc... working her way up as a magic finder for my smaller alts. :D

crispy

Can't get enough of FH

And fist fights at the bars!

And shag weird green ladies in the forest ^_^

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oblivion
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Dungeon Siege 2 (Its ok, not the best of storylines but its a very long game if ur just playing casual)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Deus ex is a classic, second one was a bit of a let down compared to the original.

Vampire the Masquarade:Bloodlines is indeed a good game. I keep formatting pc before I finish it so never actually got all the way through. Maybe I do that soon though, takes a fair time to get through the thing, and just cant be bothered to play the same bit again. lol.

Assassin Creed - this is the current game Im playing. Seems to be taking awhile to get through, and having a right laugh. Probably can finish it much quicker then the above two. Not sure yet. But playing the way I am takes ages. (ie i clear all guards of rooftops and go to watchtowers to get overviews before I start the missions :) )

Star wars knights of the old republic. Loved the first ones story line. And totally replayable even after that. So many little things can be unlocked depending on the characters you use most. Some great tidbits from that :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
You need to finish Vampires! the ending(s) is awesome.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
hmm just noticed aswell Knights of the Old Republic is indeed mint! reminds me that i've never finished it :) best get it installed then!

Syri

FH is my second home
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 both have some good story, and quite a few possible paths and choices you can make too.
Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 are very well written, and also well worth a look.
Another one, this one i played a lot when i had an xbox was Jade Empire. it's out on the pc now, and it's a very good rpg in the knights of the old republic style, but set in ancient China

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ultima IX... running around in Britannia is fu-un ;) And they play the british national anthem occasionaly!! And plenty of plot twists as well.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I've got Oblivion for the Xbox, i played it for a while but it got abit same ole same ole.

Diablo 2 is the shit, great game. Still havn't finished DL'ing but i'm up for some online play when it's finished.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fallout 1 + 2

You cannot play one without the other, it is a sin.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Been a while since ive played it but i remember system shock 2 having a decent story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom