PC Freezing. After Format

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hi there, well i formatted today. As i formatted everything went smooth. I installed DirectX and my graphics drivers.

After the PC being on for 5-10min it will freeze every 30sec, then unfreeze for 5sec, then freeze again. I have NO idea why, never done it before i formatted.

Gforce 6200 VGA Graphics card. Any ideas guys?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Check your processes (Ctrl + alt + del - Processes) , something you're doing is most probably eating away at the CPU. Make sure nothing you've installed shouldn't be there.

(Freezing AND unfreezing tends to be caused by 100% CPU usage)

Laddey

FH is my second home
Ok, it'll freeze for a while, unfreeze and freeze etc for around 3mins. Then after that it'll stop and i'll loose all internet connection, can't log on MSN. Can't view websites, nothing. No tinternet!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
- Tried a virus scanner/firewall (You'd be surprised how much shit you get when you go online the first time without one)
- Checked to make sure all your hardware is behaving correctly? (no CPU overheats etc)
- Maybe the format went wrong (Did you do a quick format? Or the normal; fairly long one?)

Only other things I can think of really.

Laddey

FH is my second home
- Tried a virus scanner/firewall (You'd be surprised how much shit you get when you go online the first time without one)
- Checked to make sure all your hardware is behaving correctly? (no CPU overheats etc)
- Maybe the format went wrong (Did you do a quick format? Or the normal; fairly long one?)

Deleted the partition and formatted (quick). It seems ok now. Installed some drivers etc and it's behaving correctly! Thanks mate.

Laddey

FH is my second home

Deleted the partition and formatted (quick). It seems ok now. Installed some drivers etc and it's behaving correctly! Thanks mate.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Overdriven again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom