PC Freezes On DAoC

Arbaal

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder if anyone can help,

My pc seems to be freezing after a minute logged into daoc, my pc works fine b4 i load daoc.

I recently have done a full nortan virus scan, have enough disk space for virtual memory, i have done a thorough sik scan and also had defragged my drives recently. My ram is brand new.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be cuasing my pc to freeze? if so any advice is welcome, thanx.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
install new video drivers (catalyst, detonator). install a diagnostic tool to monitor your gfx card and see that it ain't running how.

Herjulf

Banned
check cooling, if you have win xp look my thread below, make shure you have the mostrecent drivers/bios and that you direct-x is up to date/ok.

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Arbaal said:
Wonder if anyone can help,

My pc seems ...moomoo blah blah...... My ram is brand new.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be cuasing my pc to freeze? if so any advice is welcome, thanx.

How brand new? I upgraded my ram and this started happening brand new?

Im afraid just because your ram is brand new, doesnt mean it will function correctly.
If whats happening is, you load up daoc, you run about for a bit, then you freeze, then it could very well be the RAM.
Take out some of your RAM so that you are running on one stick. If the problem goes away then you know its your RAM.

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
I get this problem using GeForce FX 5600 Card.

One thing that helped me was lowering the graphics settings for "Shadows"...
Still happens, just not *all* the time now.

Arbaal

Fledgling Freddie
its not my ram, swapped that and still did it, im not sure what it is, i loaded 2 accounts today with no problems but yesterday it didnt work, its bizarre.

Thanx for the suggestions anyway

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
Are you sure it's not the ram? You could always run memtest86 (found at www.memtest86.com) to make sure, run it for 3-4 hours :) I had a crashing issue and it turned out it was the ram.. Anyway if the PC just freezes it might be a faulty graphics card or just bad drivers.

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
Btw, do you get any messages when you enter Windows again after rebooting the comp?

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
I also have a problem like this using my FX5600 card.

If I leave the clock settings at default and run the game... I run about a bit and after a while my pc freezes and when it comes back my graphics in game have gone all grainy?

Tried all different graphics drivers and same thing happened.. turned all settings down but still nothing. In the end I had to underclock my card using rivatuner.. so my clock setting are reduced. This has fixed the problem although my fps aint as good as it was.

Hope they get this problem sorted in a future driver cos its annoying.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
i used to have this problem, my soloution new pc/ new gfx card

maybe u can update ur drivers? :s soz, dunno anything else

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Turning off Fast Writes in the driver helps with similar problems for Radeon based cards atleast.

For Radeon cards: run menu->type smartgart <enter> -> AGP settings(or something similar) -> Fast Writes should be an option on that menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom