CDR1005 Sony x16 x40 DVD-ROM (OEM) 1 £18.43
SFT0004 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OEM 1 £52.61
ASSEMBLY1 System Assembly (build, O/S Install & test) 1 £35.00
Subtotal £434.75
VAT £76.09
Total £510.84

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Martok mate if you can afford it I'd suggest doubling the RAM to 1024Mb. A gig of RAM makes XP run a lot better and DAOC appreciates it too. It shouldn't be that much more expensive and would unlike other tweaks on your spec have a real effect on your PC's performance.

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
With the next patch you have the option to load character skins into RAM so the more the better. (i think :O)
Should improve framerates in Zergy area's

Martok

Part of the furniture
cool thanks guys well i got 512 of ddr already spare at home so ill just stick that in it and this next patch with allowing to load charectors ram :eek2:

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
frogster said:
With the next patch you have the option to load character skins into RAM so the more the better. (i think :O)
Should improve framerates in Zergy area's

scuse me for being a noob, but what exactly does that mean? im upgrading my ram to 1024 mb ddr you see just curiouis

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
XeffoInfil said:
scuse me for being a noob, but what exactly does that mean? im upgrading my ram to 1024 mb ddr you see just curiouis

This is my understanding of it.
Currently all skin models are stored on your Harddisk. That means everytime 156 mids/albs come running at you your harddisk is thrashed to bits trying to load all the skins of the models into your RAM. This contributes to the FPS lag you suffer from in Zergs.
With the next patch you can assign more free system RAM to skin precaching.
Basically you load the skins as you enter the game. RAM is obviously faster than your Harddisk and so will reduce your FPS lag.
So - More RAM = More skins you are able to precache
Again: This is my understanding of it. It aint gospel, but i think thats about correct.

Vardadringion

Fledgling Freddie
frogster said:
This is my understanding of it.
Currently all skin models are stored on your Harddisk. That means everytime 156 mids/albs come running at you your harddisk is thrashed to bits trying to load all the skins of the models into your RAM. This contributes to the FPS lag you suffer from in Zergs.
With the next patch you can assign more free system RAM to skin precaching.
Basically you load the skins as you enter the game. RAM is obviously faster than your Harddisk and so will reduce your FPS lag.
So - More RAM = More skins you are able to precache
Again: This is my understanding of it. It aint gospel, but i think thats about correct.

.. Sounds about right there since RAM is much more faster that your HDD. Just one question to Martok: Why not go for PC3200 RAM ?? Is it becuase you have a PC2700 chip at home i can understand, but if not, go for PC3200 ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom