Discuss.

L

Lumikki

The whole pbae necro consept sounds so not working :(

never seen one either

xx

O

old.Wildfire

They're about as viable as an enchantments-spec chanter.
That's why there are millions.
No doubt they'll be fotm sometime though.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Ekydus
Does anyone have one?
How effective are they in RvR?
Are you interested to try them out?

Discuss.

I did see one, forgot the name though, during a keep defense of Beno. That seemed to work okish.
Just note, that the thing that makes most pbaoe classes uber for certain tasks is MoC.
MoC won't work for the pet, so the best you can hope for is triple pbaoe during the facilitate pain cast, with lvl 50 buffs, and moa3.
But all the the enemy has to do is slam, mezz, stun, root, and you are pretty much out of the combat. All that Mythic have done to improve the (non existent) rvr skills of the necro is increase the con+hits (thus the af), making it tough for a melee group to kill it.
Regards, Glottis

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I heard they were really good at tanglers.

That is about all I have heard though. :p

C

ChillyDawg

u need a BOT to use them effectively though

E

Ekydus

Well I've played one in the Battlegrounds. Don't know if that counts though. Seemed pretty buggy and very hard to use effectively.

W

whuzzy

there doesn't exist many of em, but i do know one who is specced pbaoe, i don't know really much how effective he is in RvR, but he does do full gobbo house pulls with a bot faster then any cabby.

Whuzz

D

DeaD GuRu

currently runnning a 44 servant spec on one...

results:
buffed +

don't take it for the huge damage

DD: i nice and hard, casts fast but still nothing compared to a real d-sight of other caster.

pbaoe: on spirit resistant mobs it goes for around 200-300 damage (equal level)

Damage shield: rox

HoT: a bit lowish to the number of hits you suffer but still nice, vs one target you can compensate most damage you received during on HoT (in pve) that is, this going from yellow conned to deep purp conned.

with heal assists you are a cabby and can be used to Focuspull. Main advantage, your aoe can be used while you are getting smacked with FP. wich is enough to keep aggro from mutiple mobs. the 30 sec timer on your damage shield is better then the cabby shield also, (6sec) so.....

in rvr, necros will always suffer the stunn/mezz/root problem. so running last in the zerg will make you a bit more usefull. Start of with suplying clerics with power, then assist on target that attacks them, clean up the rest , or break aoe mzz with you pbaoe, all will love you for it :)

Since (as stated in capt sissyfoo's article) most necro's seem to be ignored in rvr and that stunn problem you will have to use different tactics

Don't use debuffs because that will only get those plateheads more chopfrenzy and you will loose coherency in your group. Unattentive defence will be charging to give the final whack, wich means that the damage dealing core of the group is unprotected.
Use debuffs in well trained groups :)

the usage for pbaoe: tended to send out pet after first stun/mezz/root sequence of combat, then thanks to the ignoring, you can charge let your pet charge in the middle and pbaoe... you have to send your pet out to use this skill. Turning to make it easier takes to long. /face pet is faster but.... dunno if it is effective. Damage is nice.

This spec is totally depending on how good you can use FP. How controlled you can click to know when your que list is empty and still not suffering more damage during that time to loose a lot of Hp (more then HoT)

What is this spec good at:
in PVE you can be the new generation of cabby, even a better one.
The Damage shield is nice, not that hard but it adds damage. The advantage of you beeing in shade is verry handy. Compared to cabbalists wich draw aggro from pet after a couple of nukes, you can assist you pet from shade without aggro beeing switched.

So: you rock buffed with healing assistance versus High level con mobs. With patch 1.65 in mind, the con transfer, you can be able to make a necro with a huge ammount of hitpoints. Resists will help a bit and the best add a necro can get are the enhance resistbuffs cause they tend to be more effective on necro classes then other.

G

Galoma

read from VN and other places

like all says... u need 50 buffs to do it right... but if u have that and also team up 2 seveant necros... u can do huge pl sessions... but then again... so can 2 normal DS necros :-// in RvR i have only heard bad things about the servant line :-/

D

DeaD GuRu

Re: read from VN and other places

Originally posted by Galoma
like all says... u need 50 buffs to do it right... but if u have that and also team up 2 seveant necros... u can do huge pl sessions... but then again... so can 2 normal DS necros :-// in RvR i have only heard bad things about the servant line :-/

you're just another cabalist , true, onlydifference, your pet won't be ignored over you in combat, it will be over other players :)

so solo wit necros or group up with necro.... we don't belong in zergs or 2/3 fg , we need to roam buffed with two three four of this class together :)

S

savant

Originally posted by Ekydus
Does anyone have one?
How effective are they in RvR?
Are you interested to try them out?

Discuss.

1. Im servantspec, only 50 servantspec on excal as far as i know.
2. About half as effective as a melee specced wizard.
3. ?

K

Khalen

To actually use the pbaoe in RvR you gotta use the mini-moc or the RA moc because it can be simply interrupted.

G

greenfingers

does anyone know what the spell looks like? o_0 .... I haven't seen other spells then pwrdrain, shield and life leech ...

F

Flimgoblin

pbaoe dot does a Funus (red skull) on everything in its radius - looks nifty :)

so if you want to look cool (but be shite) go Painworking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom