Patrick Swayze dies

Cyradix

FH is my second home
naaah... he just started the remake of "Ghost"

<gets coat>

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Saw him in that US series 'Beast' recently and he did not look good at all. Can't say I was a fan of his work but I hope he finds peace he was ill for a long time.

R.I.P.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Ashton Kutcher, whose wife Demi Moore co-starred with Swayze in Ghost, wrote on Twitter: "RIP P Swayze."

deep.

I first saw Swayze in the North and South series, watching it with my mum back when I was a little nipper and somehow always had a soft spot for him even though the only movie I really liked was Ghost and I've to this day yet to see Dirty Dancing :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Was about to say, one of the most awkward roles an actor can play, and he did damned good in DD.
Shame really, decent fella from what we can tell.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bet he had a time of his life before he went.

Shame really, another one of those names off the list.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I never particularly liked his parts, but I've never particularly disliked them either. One thing I do respect was his work ethic and wanting to carry on working, even when it was plainly obvious that he wasn't well.

By all accounts he was a good man, so RIP Patrick Swayze. :cheers:

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I hope Kanye West doesn't show up to Patrick Swayze's funeral, "I'll let you get back to your funeral in a minute... but Michael Jackson had the best death of the year, just sayinn".

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I hope Kanye West doesn't show up to Patrick Swayze's funeral, "I'll let you get back to your funeral in a minute... but Michael Jackson had the best death of the year, just sayinn".

lol

RIP Swayze :(, I guess you could say Swayze is Swayze.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I also wasn't particularly a fan of his movies but he always came across as a very decent guy compared to most of the Hollywood hyper-rats. I know a lot of women who, even to this day, at the mention of his name will go quiet and get a little gleam in their eyes. I think he had rather good screen presence and tended to be better than the material he was given (based on what I've seen anyway).

I've not seen it yet but Beast was getting good reviews though it seems his failing health contributed to loss of confidence in the series and it was ultimately cancelled. While I admit I'm going on second-hand information regarding Beast, I think its good that he finished off to a well received show for which he himself was rewarded with a lot of praise.

Rest in peace Mr. Swayze.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I liked that film with him and keanu and the dead presidents lol

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Good guy, one of the few in that business. Damn shame.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Seems to me to have been extremely graceful about his situation, unlike some other UK-based 'celebs' that could be mentioned.

RIP :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Loved him in Roadhouse, Point Break, Keeping Mum... not a great fan of Ghost or Dirty Dancing (neither my cup of tea). As already said unlike many of his Hollywood counterparts he seemed to have led a 'cleaner' life and was also reputed to be devoted to his wife.

RIP

Uara

Part of the furniture
RIP
Aye I loved his role in Keeping Mum, I thought he was really good in that. Plus his role in Donnie Darko, it was such an odd role and he managed to pull it off brilliantly. Another actor could have fucked that role up royally.

russell

FH is my second home
I think he was under rated. I liked him in The Outsiders, Point break and Donnie Darko and man could he dance in DD!!!!!- I could never get over how graceful he was with even though he had a this big cowboy physique.
He could dance, act and and he wrote his own songs. Good for him. Nice that he was a devoted husband who was madly in love with his wife, and that he loved nothing better than rounding up cattle on his ranch.
Dignified man imo

russell

FH is my second home
He loved nothing better than smoking and drinking himself into oblivion along with it, sadly.
That maybe true. But nobody's completely perfect and grief can push anyone over the edge.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
lol -don't you get enough grief on here then?

Yeah, but it's other peoples grief that they're trying to give me. I don't want no charity-grief! :eek:

I want my own grief to hold, to care for and to cry about :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom