path of exile, forasken masters

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Poking this again, new free expanion, reworked skill tree, etc, blah blah fish

anyone playing, poke me :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have it installed. Not played it much. Expansion any good?

Mabs

not done much of it, so no idea really, revamped skill tree seems better

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I kinda want to give this game a try. But i like pet classes, and the witch summons seems to be nothing more then really really squishy and mostly worthless meatshields.

Granted it was a long time ago i watched that gameplay video and it was with a low level. Does it get better higher up in the levels?

Don't really fancy wasting the time finding out for myself if it turns out i'm a massive gimp just because i use a summon build, and the POE forum provides little to no info about the subject from what i found.

Mabs

properly built witches are horrific
mine is a mish mash and therefore a bit wonky

they can get bonus % health, life tap, health regen etc... so yea, can be very powerful

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
And does "can be very powerful" include pet builds?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
just tried my 65 witch out with a pet build, the zombies hit noticably harder and are a tad more tanky, overall i couldn't bring myself to play it for more than 15 minutes.. just felt the same as before really.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Hmm ok, thanks man. Gonna download it and give it a bash sometime this weekend if nothing comes up.

Mabs

just tried my 65 witch out with a pet build, the zombies hit noticably harder and are a tad more tanky, overall i couldn't bring myself to play it for more than 15 minutes.. just felt the same as before really.

says the man with the attention span of a goldfish, no change there then :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So i made my witch, played around a bit (level 10 i think now). Those zombies are REALLY FUCKING SQUISHY! :(

Yes i know it's a tad early to say anything conclusive yet but seriously they die way too fast. Most of the times i almost can't kill fast enough to keep a supply of fresh dead to raise the zombies with... Just happy i started off picking the +damage and int passives first so i'm not totally fail without them.

Oh and it would have been nice with a tutorial that went further then "here's how you pick shit up".... :)

Mabs

get the minion health and health regen passives, and slot them with life on hit
and if you can, add an elemental damage to them and slot THAT for aoe proliferation, so they pbaoe off anythign they hit, many damage + many life tap

Mabs

you have the RAISE ZOMBIES in a slot somewhere yes ?
you need the correct colour of socket, connected with the - and | lines. basically anything you connect up works together if its available.

so zombies + life on hit + fire damage + elemental proliferation would be , at a guess, Blue, Red, Red, Red ? sockets linked, so would be a 2 hander. shield or chest piece ?

you get the skill stones from certain quests depending on class, or they can drop in the world off any mobs

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oooh ok, now i get what you mean! Ok i'll try to get something that does that. Just got to act 2 so don't have much (anything really) to pick and choose from.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just had a look at their store and holy shit it's expensive! From 27:ish to over 40 dollars for an armor skin "set" is RETARDED... xD

Mabs

Just had a look at their store and holy shit it's expensive! From 27:ish to over 40 dollars for an armor skin "set" is RETARDED... xD

not really, game is 100% free, ALL you pay for, which is entirely optional, is graphical fluff. there is no pay to win

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah i know that, but 40+ bucks for an armor skin seems quite excessive. Same with most of the other visual effects. Most seem to get off at around 20 bucks or more.

/edit: Oh by the way, is minion instability fubared? Because nothing is taking damage when my zombies dies. Or it's so little damage the mobs health bars don't even move.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Meh i seem to have screwed up the passives. Killed the final boss last night but my survivability was so utterly crap i almost never managed to get to the safe spot before dying when the blood rain started. And the last 10 attempts had to be done without any minions or flasks whatsoever because i had used up all the corpses and couldn't kill the respawns fast enough to make new ones or to charge up my vaal summon skeleton skill (which i'm not even sure is worth using because those minions die SO fast)... -.-

Seriously considering deleting and starting over.

Mabs

i have skeletons with a totem
using the "2 totems up, cant attack" passive
many spam, all sides

also, yes, liferegen etc is king as is Chaos resist

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I did get a totem skill drop yesterday, but it's eating my corpses so i stashed it for an eventual alt...

Gonna decide if i can be arsed to try and read up a bit about builds and see if i can rescue it before i do anything else.

Seriously, THIS is why you let people do respecs. I'm far from the brightest tool in the shed, my ADHD makes theory really fucking hard to understand even when explained. And when there's too much information i just can't take it in. I need to try shit for myself to figure out what works or not for me. I can't judge that by reading a novel sized wall of theorycrafting.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I have totem linked with raise skeleton and faster cast time, it just spits skeletons out none stop like a machine gun :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom