[SHAMAN] Path of Da Green

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi Guys

has anyone considered playing a "buffbot" shammy?

I was just wondering whether a full buff spec shammy would be viable in orvr or scenarios and whether the healing would cut it.

I have breifly experimented with the green line and it seems very useful if you're playing as a true hybrid using the offensive capabilies as well as the defensive....

Anyone had any success with it?

M

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
I been trying it up to level 30 and i must say i didnt like it, in RvR or PvP you dont really have a chance to really get the debuff going due to the amount of heals you need to fire off and spending 3 secs to cast a debuff is just too long when you could cast 4 HOT or 1 big heal.
So when i hit 30 i respecced to healing and it really helped me a lot more than Da Green ever did.

Another problem is that you dont get Renown for debuffing, so your depended on your heal to get ya renown.

Just my opinions of course :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
currently Gork spec but pondered Da Green just because noone I knew had even thought of going it...

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I tried it, briefly, a level ago.

At the moment with my quest gear and very few Epixxxx I hit around 1.5k normal & 2.5k crit on a large heal which forms the majority of my healing in groups as it seems more efficient that spamming hots or flash heals.

I found dropping down to the standard 900 on a large heal to be too painful tbh. I dunno how dps is if you spec for damage but I certainly know da green left me feeling underpowered. I think I'll give it another shot however.

M

eksdee

FH is my second home
i went with a hybrid spec of healing line and da green when i first hit 40 and in general i found it pretty underwhelming. the aoe toughness debuff should be awesome (aoe, instant cast, removes a lot of tough and no recast timer) but i'm pretty sure it is bugged as it never seemed to increase anyone's damage. unfortunately, without a duel mode it is hard to test properly. other than that, the fact i can't remember anything else i used from that line says it all really.

since then i respecced to get the aoe rezz and rank 4 morale in the healing line and i'm much happier. the extra spec points in the heal line helps the general effectiveness of my healing and i also use the morale 4/aoe rezz a lot in pve (though i think they fixed the aoe rezz usage in boss fights now :p).

all in all, i'd say it's a pretty useless line as the debuffs and such are pretty weak and the shaman will never do any worthwhile dps.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Aye agree, Da Green is nerfing ones main abilities, but anyone done the damage line ?

eksdee

FH is my second home
i know this is a bump from a loooooong time ago, but i recently changed my spec so thought i'd post my findings.

old spec: Shaman Career Builder - Warhammer Online

new spec: Shaman Career Builder - Warhammer Online

firstly bare in mind i have two extra mastery points as i'm rr53, but that minor thing aside i have found the extra damage i get from the gork line is actually quite handy. essentially the only thing that was useful from path of da green for was the extra 50 resists on mork's buffer, but that isn't all that useful given most people with decent gear have about 1200 elemental/corp resist atm anyway. this was basically why i tried out the gork line for the rest of my points and found that stuff like bunch o' waaagh (aka laser beamz :p) now does about 4-500 per tick instead of 200 or so, which is really nice and can help when clearing up low hp tanks in the back of a fight and so forth.

obviously this is quite a minor thing as the healing line is the main thing and at the end of the day 90% of my time is spent healing, but being able to actually dps down the last 10% of a tanks health instead of just waiting for your sorc/w.e/insertdpsclasshere to come back and clear up for you.

anyone tried full gork spec btw? :p

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Aye would like to know about full specced da green, i think the problem is that all those debuffs aint usefull in full scale RvR, it would be fine in SC or Fg vs FG, but with keep takes and such it just aint as usefull. But would love to be proven wrong.

Also Flimgoblin i think i crosses swords with you in Tier 1 Scenarios with my WH Talmont :)

rynnor

Rockhound
I am currently running with full healing - rest on da green spec - the 50% reduced incoming healing insta is very nice on those well supported hard to kill classes.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I am currently running with full healing - rest on da green spec - the 50% reduced incoming healing insta is very nice on those well supported hard to kill classes.

like, every order tank ever created? :)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Just resubbed because of 1.3.1 patch and having a blast with my shaman that plays a bit like the oldschool sorc now. Lifetaps, debuffs, CC (snare/knockback/silence).
Le Awesomé!

If you carry a banner you can even pretend to have ghetto runspeed buff. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom